• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheBagelmeister

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 7, 2005
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
I'm wondering, what's a good nation and campaign to play in AGCEEP? The only problem I have with the unification ones for Germany and Italy is the fact that I get no events after unification, making for a boring game. I was thinking the Byzantine campaign would be fun, considering that it's fantasy status makes it different.

Anything is interesting as long as you play it ahistorically. I personally like Byzantine games (hense I'm playing Byzantium from 1066-1948), but German unification sounds pretty good too. When in doubt, find some obscure nation and make it into a super-power.... or go with Byzantium. ;)

Germany and Italy games are fun until, as you said, you have unified and have gained all cores.

Byzantium games are awesome, even if some of us think that Byzantium ought to get a better economy after a couple hundred years (;))

If you like a similar challenge like Byzantium, give Granada a try.

England is good for starters, and is very fun. It's just such a great feeling to have all of the British Isles and France unified under one crown. :D

China is cool, I just love dominating the Manchu, Japan, Indonesia, Indochina, Australia, and the western coasts of the Americas. :D

I'm currently playing a game as the Knights (Order of St. John), and despite it being difficult, it's pretty fun.

Poland, I hear, is also great to play, same with Sweden, Denmark, Castile, Mughals, Muscowy, Novgorod, and from some, Austria.

Burgundy is quite fun as well, though it is quite easy. And then you can become France later thus insuring future events.

Obviously, like everyone else, I'm biased towards Byz. :) I think it needs more/better events, but I'm working on that with some guinea pig betatesters :).

England is fun either if you win the HYW and become an insane bohemoth or lose and become master of the waves. Holland is fun in events where it exists - or play some other nation til the revolts and then take it over.

Knights, obviously. Turks. Is the Caliphate still around?

With AGCEEP, Pommern of all nations has some lovely events involving Poland, Lithuania, and whatever that German phrase is for Eastern war.

China will be fantastic when it gets its events rationalized.

jay.

Maybe the best campaign I ever played was with Granada in the 1419 AGCEEP-scenario.
First you make yourself friendly with Castille, Aragon and Portugal while you conquer a little in northern Africa. When you're don with that you turn north and strike.
After that you can colonize your way down the saharan corridor and conquer/convert all of western Africa.

TheBagelmeister said:
I'm wondering, what's a good nation and campaign to play in AGCEEP? The only problem I have with the unification ones for Germany and Italy is the fact that I get no events after unification, making for a boring game. I was thinking the Byzantine campaign would be fun, considering that it's fantasy status makes it different.

I though for Italy at least you get all the events of the original country plus Milan's? Or is that leaders I'm thinking of?

Paul

pgroves said:
I though for Italy at least you get all the events of the original country plus Milan's? Or is that leaders I'm thinking of?

Paul

You're thinking of the leaders.

Yes, how do I get a chance to play as Holland? I've never focused much on the 1520 Campaign. Is there a way to change the nation I'm playing, or do I get a choice, as Spain, to be the Netherlands instead of Spain, similar to the event during the 1st Defenstration of Prague when I get to choose if I want Hussites of Romanists.

I think I'll give England a try for the GC. Because of my lack of cores on France, and only one culture, I think I'll just rule France through vassals. I'll take my annual income from them while I take over Ireland and build up my infrastructure.

Or I could be Burgandy and form the super-France with the Dutch and French cultures, plus two CoTs!

Last edited:
If you are victorious in the initial war with France, you will gain French culture. But be quick, lest you lose it if you can not secure a peace treaty with Dauphine.

TIMURID EMPIRE!!!!!!

Maybe the best campaign I ever played was with Granada in the 1419 AGCEEP-scenario.
then it can be nice to move the capital to another country and leave Spain her lands...
Is there a way to change the nation I'm playing, or do I get a choice, as Spain, to be the Netherlands instead of Spain, similar to the event during the 1st Defenstration of Prague when I get to choose if I want Hussites of Romanists.
Well, this can be hard, because you must
  1. change to Netherlands
  2. gain independence to Spain
  3. Give them all the province they have to own..
I've tried something like this with Burgundy changing into Lorraine or Palatinate just to let Austria annex Burgundy but not to commit suicide by this....

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Anything is interesting as long as you play it ahistorically. I personally like Byzantine games (hense I'm playing Byzantium from 1066-1948), but German unification sounds pretty good too. When in doubt, find some obscure nation and make it into a super-power.... or go with Byzantium. ;)

How is a game from 1066 - 1948 possible in AGCEEP? :)

Loeffle said:
Translate please? :)
Crusader Kings - Europa Universalis 2 - Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun - Hearts of Iron 2

UndertheSun said:
Crusader Kings - Europa Universalis 2 - Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun - Hearts of Iron 2

You can have the Byzantine Empire in WWII? I gotta get Victoria...

SeanB said:
You can have the Byzantine Empire in WWII? I gotta get Victoria...
No, but what some people do is they select a nation in the 1066 Grand campaign for CK, and when they're done, they convert that save to an EU2 scenario for the grand campaign, and do the same thing till they've played all the games. It's called a "mega-campaign". Check it out, there are a few in the CK AAR forums...

But through doing this, you can have Byz in 1936 eventually in HoI2?

No, but what some people do is they select a nation in the 1066 Grand campaign for CK, and when they're done, they convert that save to an EU2 scenario for the grand campaign, and do the same thing till they've played all the games. It's called a "mega-campaign". Check it out, there are a few in the CK AAR forums...

Wow!
I must get CK and Viccy ASAP!
Is there a special tool for converting the saves, UnderTheSun?