• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

aroddo

needs more ponies
31 Badges
Jan 3, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Rome Gold
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
So, despite having sunk well over a 1000 hours into Stellaris, I NEVER had an endgame crisis other than War In Heaven.

So, in this run I dragged myself on Grand Admiral Ironman to the year 2460 in a huge galaxy. And despite the impressive speed improvements, turns take a long time.
And thanks to Xeno-Compatibility it takes at least 4 seconds before the UI unfreezes when I dare to open the colonization window.

Anyway, I first get the message that the remaining fallen empire decides to play Defender Of The Galaxy ... even with no threat in sight.
Curious.

A year later, I get the UNBIDDEN message for the first time.
FINALLY!
EPIC SPACE BATTLES!
An exiting Fight For Survival!
I even picked the Guardians Of The Galaxy Ascension Perk!
I. AM. PUMPED!

A little bit later, they appear through a gigantic tear in space-time, bang in the middle of the Awakened Empire, where they promptly procede to get their ass handed to them. Within the year, their fleets are destroyed and the portal is gone.

EnchantingHighBoubou-small.gif

well, i survived the crisis. yay.

i guess I'll click to 2500 just to see what happens. never did that, either.

Endgame, ho!

Last edited:
Reminds me of many of my endgame crisis, the ai empires are so strong they wipe out the crisis faction before it even became a threat.

In my most recent game, the khan only managed to get a handful of systems and 1 planet before being "assassinated" the ai was so strong... And that was with an increased crisis strength too.

I also agree War in Heaven occurs WAY too much... I would love to see the unbidden or even the scourge... But it is almost always the war in heaven.

Just be careful that you don't awaken them before you can kill them...

I would honestly prefer that the game did a roll at galaxy gen to determine if the fallen empires could awake, or how likely they are to awake.

Honestly, the crisis factions should use paths of least resistance... would prevent things like this...

So, despite having sunk well over a 1000 hours into Stellaris, I NEVER had an endgame crisis other than War In Heaven.

So, in this run I dragged myself on Grand Admiral Ironman to the year 2460 in a huge galaxy. And despite the impressive speed improvements, turns take a long time.
And thanks to Xeno-Compatibility it takes at least 4 seconds before the UI unfreezes when I dare to open the colonization window.

Anyway, I first get the message that the remaining fallen empire decides to play Defender Of The Galaxy ... even with no threat in sight.
Curious.

A year later, I get the UNBIDDEN message for the first time.
FINALLY!
EPIC SPACE BATTLES!
An exiting Fight For Survival!
I even picked the Guardians Of The Galaxy Ascension Perk!
I. AM. PUMPED!

A little bit later, they appear through a gigantic tear in space-time, bang in the middle of the Awakened Empire, where they promptly procede to get their ass handed to them. Within the year, their fleets are destroyed and the portal is gone.

EnchantingHighBoubou-small.gif

well, i survived the crisis. yay.

i guess I'll click to 2500 just to see what happens. never did that, either.

Endgame, ho!

A quick tip for ending your colonization window woes: change default species rights to no-colonization and you'll only have to deal with your core race and any offshoots instead of 500+ halfbreeds and xenos. Even as a fan. xenophile there is no downside.

Reactions: