• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ShamanMcLamie

Pure Bred American Mutt
65 Badges
Apr 3, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
I know something like this has been suggested before, but the more recent submissions seem to be lacking details and I figured the new Hydrocentric Ascension Perk could open the door for other possibilities.

Since we're creating a Colossus that makes Ocean Worlds maybe we can add a Colossus that creates Tomb Worlds. It could be limited to Empires with the Post-Apocalyptic Origin, or Empires with a primary species that has Tomb World Habitability Trait.

Another option is to create an Ascension Perk that allows for such a Colossus like the Hydrocentric Perk does for the Deluge Colossus, or gives the Empire Armageddon Bombardment without being a Fanatic Purifier, or the Crisis. The same way you can get the Raiding Bombardment with Nihilistic Acquisition without being a Barbaric Despoiler.

Being able to more easily create Tomb Worlds can work as a scorched world tactic, prevent an enemy from using a planet without completely taking it out of the game and for Post-Apocalyptic Empires and Radiotrophic Species a means to create more Tomb Worlds giving the more circumstantial Origin and Trait a buff.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I know something like this has been suggested before, but the more recent submissions seem to be lacking details and I figured the new Hydrocentric Ascension Perk could open the door for other possibilities.

Since we're creating a Colossus that makes Ocean Worlds maybe we can add a Colossus that creates Tomb Worlds. It could be limited to Empires with the Post-Apocalyptic Origin, or Empires with a primary species that has Tomb World Habitability Trait.

Another option is to create an Ascension Perk that allows for such a Colossus like the Hydrocentric Perk does for the Deluge Colossus, or gives the Empire Armageddon Bombardment without being a Fanatic Purifier, or the Crisis. The same way you can get the Raiding Bombardment with Nihilistic Acquisition without being a Barbaric Despoiler.

Being able to more easily create Tomb Worlds can work as a scorched world tactic, prevent an enemy from using a planet without completely taking it out of the game and for Post-Apocalyptic Empires and Radiotrophic Species a means to create more Tomb Worlds giving the more circumstantial Origin and Trait a buff.

I think that isn't the problem. To make this properly you have to integrate a different system to change Terraforming, like:
Planet construction (v0.9.5)
Furtherly should the habitation system be changed and adaption and genetically engineering differently managed, like:
As better a planet provides habitational conditions as more you can genetically engineer your population.
For that you need this:
Terraforming and textures to a new detail level (v0.9.0)

Tombworlds aren't something to strive for, they don't give anything special.

That said, Tombworld start Barbaric Despoilers could get access to Armageddon bombardment.
Would make sense for them to just kill off a whole planet to make it more suitable for them.

Reactions:
Tombworlds aren't something to strive for, they don't give anything special.
Post apocalyptic should strive for non tomb worlds, they just happen to not mind tomb worlds
That said, Tombworld start Barbaric Despoilers could get access to Armageddon bombardment.
Would make sense for them to just kill off a whole planet to make it more suitable for them.
BDs have Raiding bombardment which is better and a major part of their theme, I get where your comming at but not a good fit.

Well if you are tomb world origin or even radiotrophic, or AI then tomb world could be like advantage. Even if you take my clay it will not be no use for you.
I think there is a technology to terraform tombworlds back, as well as +20%habitat on tomb worlds So mass tomb worlds isnt that big of the problem.
Sure why not.

Life Scorching Colossus is really bad idea morally, but so good as game mechanic.
Maybe some civic "Scorched Earth" giving Apocalyptic Bombardment and more damage to armies and ships, or examply missile weapons, the best nukes in galaxy. For militaristic xenophobes who always nuke from the orbit.
We can work with that.

Also buff Barbaric Despoilers, with +20% navy cap +10%slave output. It is fun thematic civic, but to weak now to play.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
BDs have Raiding bombardment which is better and a major part of their theme, I get where your comming at but not a good fit.

It's more that they can have options.
Or raid a planet till it's almost empty then kill the last 2 pops, which they supposedly can't raid, to make a tombworld to colonise.

EDIT Or better, have raiding bombardment have a small chance (10%) to create a tombworld, as they reach 100% devastation.

It's more that they can have options.
Or raid a planet till it's almost empty then kill the last 2 pops, which they supposedly can't raid, to make a tombworld to colonise.

EDIT Or better, have raiding bombardment have a small chance (10%) to create a tombworld, as they reach 100% devastation.
Maybe not.

BD is different thing, and it could be expanded and buffed and make interesting gamestyle for new experience.

Dont mix it with tomb worlds.
Tomb Worlds could be for post apocalyptic, FP, crisis
Or some new civic "Overkill Enjoyers"

BD are raiding for pops, blowing up planets is bad for business.

• 2Like
Reactions:
A colossus would be a bit of a letdown. What's really needed is Armageddon bombardment to be a much less restricted thing and a way to do it to owned uninhabited planets so you can go "Nah, I don't like these predatory flowers, burn it all".

• 2Like
Reactions:
A colossus would be a bit of a letdown. What's really needed is Armageddon bombardment to be a much less restricted thing and a way to do it to owned uninhabited planets so you can go "Nah, I don't like these predatory flowers, burn it all".

We need an option to use draconian measures in wiping out certain planetary features, atleast bad ones.
Maybe the Domination tree adoption effects could give that option instead of just cheaper clearing of blockers?

e.g. 100 influence + another cost to wipe out a negative planetary feature? Goes to saying it will have a large amount of devastation too.
Similar to the Yuht cleansing.

Could even have a chance for a random event.

I like idea of Rapture Colosus to make Tomb Worlds, kill everything alive. What about plants and microbes? Did i stutter?

There is Master of Nature ascension perk, which gives lame decision (2 disctrict for 100i is far less than fresh new habitat gives)
So the Master of Nature main edict could be doubled 4 disctrict for 250i.
And it could allow to remove traits from planets.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I like idea of Rapture Colosus to make Tomb Worlds, kill everything alive. What about plants and microbes? Did i stutter?

There is Master of Nature ascension perk, which gives lame decision (2 disctrict for 100i is far less than fresh new habitat gives)
So the Master of Nature main edict could be doubled 4 disctrict for 250i.
And it could allow to remove traits from planets.
Ascension Perks should not be mandatory for making tomb worlds for Post-Apocalyptic, at most there could be a Tradition swap, but I still would argue that the origin should not prefer tomb worlds over regular non devastated worlds.

Radiotrophic species might prefer tomb worlds. I think terraforming should unlock terraforming into tomb worlds aswell. Maybe even earlier since it should be an easy thing to do comparatively.

• 1Like
Reactions: