• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MohawkWolfo98

Lt. General
62 Badges
Dec 9, 2018
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Island Bound
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
083D92B7-98D7-4DED-AED4-79DA7A3F15D6.jpeg

From Arheo Twitter. Seems like foundry can only be built 1 in each city? Or maybe a small building overhaul?

Looks good overall. I wish that the UI will tell us the benefits of having these modifiers though, like what 10% extra output will gain for money etc. Also wish the icons were coloured more than a dull grey, but other than that I think it’s good! :)

• 14Like
Reactions:
Having a phrase to tell you a limit implies that such limit can be changed in game.

Having a limit bodes well with aqueducts.

I hope they get rid of population limit though.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Yes, finally, limiting how many buildings there can be in a city is a great idea IMO, not only from a balance perspective, as each one now matters, but also from a 'making sense' perspective

This is an ancient city, you can walk from one end to the other in a few hours at most, just how many buildings of the same type do you need?

• 4Like
Reactions:
This is an ancient city, you can walk from one end to the other in a few hours at most, just how many buildings of the same type do you need?
For this reason, the quantity of mills or buildings should be limited to technologies but also to type of dwelling: settlement, city or metropolis. Please, rephrase in any given territory, to in this territory.

Tomorrow DD will be meaty with buildings!

• 5Like
Reactions:
As I said on reddit, regarding the rest of the image:
I think the other building with 3 levels is the port (the only building which will have an additional effect at an higher level), and you can see that the other 2 visible buildings have the same icon, meaning that it's either (just) a new one or they are changing the system in some way.

E: regarding the levels of other buildings, you can barely see that there are 2 markets, so there are definetely multiple levels for things other than ports.

Last edited:
Reactions:
E: regarding the levels of other buildings, you can barely see that there are 2 markets, so there are definetely multiple levels for things other than ports.
You will have to help me with this one, where do you see a market level 2?

You will have to help me with this one, where do you see a market level 2?

If you really look carefully, you can see it behind the tool tip (the tool tip is to a very low degree transparent). I'm glad, that there isn't for every building just one level. So we have variations :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
If you really look carefully, you can see it behind the tool tip (the tool tip is to a very low degree transparent). I'm glad, that there isn't for every building just one level. So we have variations :)
Wow!
Anyway, after loosing my eyesight I only see a number 1 under the market, and the other buildings also are 0 or 1

EDITED: @Decius is right, it is a 2.

1610303241212.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
you can see that the other 2 visible buildings have the same icon, meaning that it's either (just) a new one or they are changing the system in some way.

If it's not a WIP bug, it must be a placeholder for a new building icon. You can also see 16 different buildings, currently we have only 14. The 15th is the port, but there is one additional new building.

I guess tomorrow they will reveal the content belonging to what Vitruvius originally was supposed to be!

(I still hope that barbarian nations will have different buildings compared to "civilised" ones)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think the other building with 3 levels is the port (the only building which will have an additional effect at an higher level), and you can see that the other 2 visible buildings have the same icon, meaning that it's either (just) a new one or they are changing the system in some way.

What new ones can you see? They all look like the same as now to me :S

I am super happy about the building rework with limits if it is true for all ,because the building system might have been, in my opinion, one of the worst aspects and i think a good building system is super important so this might be my favorite new feature and get me back into the game!!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank be to god for a new system with building limits. No more aqueduct spam. No more megacities. I would've tackled the problem in a different way, but its a good approach and a good fix. Now there wont be more income absurd spiral of = the more pops the more buildings = the more buildings = the more pops, where the more pops means more money and the more buildings means more money as well.

This will also mean that we now can focused on building up other cities as well after we are done with the capital! Although I don't like the EU4 system where a megapolis has the same amount of buildings as a tiny villages. I like to see that there seems to be a possibility to build a few more of a certain type of building, so you can still build cities that stand out like Alexandria or Rome or Pella but without breaking the gam and turning it into a blackhole of pops and money where everywhere else is desserted. So you may have a couple cities that are exceptionally bigger than other, but you'll still be capped and will have to focus on building up cities elsewhere in your empire! Firnally! I really hope that the reign of the capital building simulation is over and we enter into the country building simulation era!

(I still hope that barbarian nations will have different buildings compared to "civilised" ones)

Yeah, really hope so. Just like natives in EU4, Barbarians should be locked behind a different building and economic system. But for this to work they need to first rework barbarians, because as of right now the civilized and prosperous tribes and confederations of rules of south/east spain and northern italy are just as barbaric and underdeveloped and capped as the shitty north germanic one, and that doesn't make sense at all since they had little to nothing in common so they should suffer the same economic and building systems.

• 3Like
Reactions:
What new ones can you see? They all look like the same as now to me :S
That's the point, you can see two buildings with same icon of the fort, so one is a fort and the other is...? We'll have to find out tomorrow!

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's the point, you can see two buildings with same icon of the fort, so one is a fort and the other is...? We'll have to find out tomorrow!

Ah right. Duh! Well spotted. It was right there. Really intrigued. I can't possibly think what another fortress building type would do that makes sense with everything revealed on warfare so far. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Reactions:
Ah right. Duh! Well spotted. It was right there. Really intrigued. I can't possibly think what another fortress building type would do that makes sense with everything revealed on warfare so far. Can't wait for tomorrow.
This really could be the case. In some screenshots you see wooden fort icons. This might be it. First I thought, maybe they changed the fort icon from stone to wood (which was strange in my eyes), but now it makes sense, if there are two types of forts.

We need City Wall and Acropolis being separate buildings. We need it now.

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: