More game setup options (New Game/Game Details) please!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sep 5, 2018
Being able to select which endgame crisis to spawn was a step in the right direction but my wishlist is far from done. Please give feedback to what is your most important issue and what/why something isn't technically feasible. Also feel free to recommend mods.

Galaxys Size
More gradual and more love for lower Star amounts 300 Stars for example when you as I feel that 200 is too few but 400 becomes a chore.
Also having all systems in place at the start some to be discovered instead of spawning them to due events would help with quite a few immersion breakers and give more powerful sensors and the wonder more to do.

Galaxy Shape
A Milkyway option with its most important objects for learning purposes.

Advanced AI Starts
More sub-options as to which empires are affected and to how much further they are ahead (number of systems for example).

Fallen Empires
Toggles for the types that you allow to spawn, The size of their empires, option for allowing any number at any galaxy size - if you want 6 Scions going at it on a tiny map sign me up - surely sparing 6 or even 36 systems out of 200 hundred won't be a problem. Toggles/sliders for how likely they are to awake/start a war in heaven.
An option to design them like regular empires. (This also applies to Marauders, Primitives and Enclaves)

Marauder Empires

Slider for the size of their space, no need to do away with another 2 systems worth of exploration if a single system allows for their mechanics.
Habitats for their pops so they have a more grounded economic base and something to raid back. (This also applies to Enclaves and Carvaneers)
(The should capture your science ship and ransom it back to you instead of just blowing it up.)

Enclaves
An option turn them or some of them off.

Crisis Type
Toggles not dropdown! Especially as we get more which we totally should you just want to be able to sort out the ones you dislike will still having a surprise. Option to have several Crisis in 1 game.
Midgame Crisis:
Same here being just able to turn of warp storms would be great without having to decide which Midgame Crisis happens. L-Cluster yes/no an outcome options.
Precursor Selection
Toggles for the different types. Option to have several Precursors in 1 game. (AI should pursue the event chains too)
Guardian (The giant space monsters)
Toggles for the different types and allowing us to choose the number that spawns, option for roaming behaviour.

Difficulty
For the sake of not having to look it up on the wiki it should state that Ensign is the default no bonus/malus for the player nor for the AI setting.

Wormhole Pairs
Option for including/excluding special systems/anomalys in the 0x setting.

Xeno-Compatibility
Basic only same type (humanoids with humanoids, plants with plants) works. Basic+ also allows for the subtypes to spawn more horrors.
Advanced all types can procreate. Advanced+ their children can have new types of offspring too.
Robo Love - Insert images of Data and the Borg Queen, Lucy Liu Bots, and sexy Cylons. (THE SYNTH ICON PROMISED ME!)

Space Travel Types
Sadly we went from 3 to 1 but even back when Hyperlanes were just an option it always bothered me that they then could be circumvented by Jump-Drives so an option to turn them off would be nice.

Wildlife Randomization
Wildlife being neutral till you come too close and it attacks you, behaviour not being fixed (placid amoeba/mad space cows), Roaming wildlife toggle. End from Above toggle for attacks on colonies - crystaline entities having a snack, mining drones taking apart your space port.

Relics
Toggles as to whether and which broken Mega-Structures should be in the game, whether there are Relic worlds.

Sol placement and UNE relation to the Commonwealth of Man
It would be nice if Sol's distance from galactic centers would be respected and its closest star system being Alpha Centauri being ensured.
It would be great if the special mechanics of the UNE and Commonwealth would be listed in game - if you want an Earth game without the Commonwealth spawning create a new empire don't modifiy the UNE for example.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I am all for "yes", "no" and "maybe" toggles for crisis types and ancient relic structures/worlds.

Crisis are a whole chapter and we should have much more say than what and when. Besides being able to toggle of ones you don't want to have in your game the option to have several spawn in your game (same for precursors) and interactions between them would be great. (Added these points to the suggestion.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
We need a whole set of on/off switches to make multiplayer easier to manage and more balanced at the start.

It wouldn't be the worst investment of time to go through anomalies and events label them/add additional interactions and outcomes with the end result being that we have a reasonable galaxy switch (for beginners and MP) VS cruel and random one (for veterans/masochists and SP). The one having more balanced outcomes with ways to mitigate bad ones as well as advisors giving you hints to help beginners figure out what might happen while the other one has a anything goes/blows attitude where you find good and nasty surprises with less regard to balance.

A another feature that is needed: Seed

Please, it'll make the game far more interesting with a seed like Scion making a massive ring around the outside of the galaxy with 16 glitches because of randomness.

Reactions:
Options for Precursors will also be nice, taken into account 5 of them are locked down into regular anoms, while baol and zrom are tied to arch sites.
Unless i am mistaken here, its random which one you can get people are less likely to get baol or zrom, based on the exploration mechanics.

To my understanding also you can only get one precursor chain pr game. you chances are slim to get either baol or zrom then, since they are tied to an other type of spawn.

• 1Like
Reactions: