• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AkwatiKata

Straptastic
66 Badges
Dec 30, 2014
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
I was gonna post about a bug I've encountered but... where is everybody?
Anyway; the bug is this:
when i go to the Ledger > Characters > Culture, it does not sort the characters on Culture as it's supposed to, but goes to my character screen (the one that displays information about my ruler)
So that means I can never sort on Culture? I need to know (easily!) how many 'foreigners' from which cultures are in my court and if they have any claims etc.

edit: this also happens when I click on certain spaces in screen 5, but I've managed to work around it. My guess is that the Ledger 'window' doesn't really stop access to the character icon that's 'behind' the Ledger-window.

Last edited:
:glare: whu? I know where I am posting... and yes I am playing Crusader Kings: Deus Vult; something wrong with that?:p

If you have CK: Deus Vult! then first make sure that you are using the last beta patch as most CD´s come with an older version of the game:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...October-2008&p=8983876&viewfull=1#post8983876

And you might want to register your game on the forum (MY GAMES at the top of the screen) to get the icon for Deus Vult under your name.

:unsure: :sigh: so let me take it from the top: I have Crusader Kings Complete on Steam. When the game starts, it shows on the opening screen the Deus Vult logo and in the top right corner it says "CK: Deus Vult - 2.1beta".

edit: there is no registration key available for Crusader Kings Complete

Last edited:
:unsure: :sigh: so let me take it from the top: I have Crusader Kings Complete on Steam. When the game starts, it shows on the opening screen the Deus Vult logo and in the top right corner it says "CK: Deus Vult - 2.1beta".

edit: there is no registration key available for Crusader Kings Complete

Crusader Kings Complete essentially is Crusader Kings + the Deus Vult! addon.
There were a whole lot of beta patches labeled 2.1beta and I don´t know if Steam got the latest one as I don´t own the Steam version. I assume that Steam might not have the latest version because one of the betapatches had a fix that sounds like your problem:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...October-2008&p=8326060&viewfull=1#post8326060

So I suggest to download and unrar the *last* beta patch from here
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...October-2008&p=8983876&viewfull=1#post8983876

If that doesn´t help you´ll have to give more info what you are using, e.g. your operating system and perhaps a copy of the info from dxdiag

Last edited:
Sorry ConjurerDragon, yes I am a total noob now, but what do I do with the files in the RAR? Do I replace the ones in my folder with the ones in the RAR? It doesn't appear to be a self-updating .exe file. I assume now it's failed, that I DON'T run the crusaders.exe to update my game?

ps: I've added the games I could add, but there is no option to add all expansions I have for Europa Universalis III. When I look at the cd-keys I have for it, it also shows those for Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind.

No the crusaders.exe replaces the old crusaders.exe in the gamefolder, it is not a self-executalble that would install the betapatch to your gamefolder.

.rar is a packed file similar to a .zip file. You need a program to unpack it like for example the free "Peazip" if your version of windows doesn´t already support that filetype.
http://peazip.sourceforge.net/
or any other program that can unpack .rar files.

You simply unpack the files contained in the .rar to the folder where your game of Crusader Kings is installed to replace the files of your game with the files of the last beta patch. However be careful to unpack the files to your Crusader Kings folder and not the Crusader Kings 2 folder as you own that game too.

Edit: When using Steam the directory would be something like
harddriveletter:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Crusader Kings

Last edited: