• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Failtier

Comprador
47 Badges
Jul 6, 2011
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
Good evening,

I was trying to make both mods compatible which both use the history/character files. Though successfully merging them at the beginning (the portraits showed up and the features of More Bloodlines were present), the game crashed every time I tried to load my fresh test save game (no difference whether compressed or not). This did not happen when using either of the mods alone, and using them simultaneously does not work (meaning I have to decide which one to use).

In short, these two mods seem to be, for whatever reason, not compatible, even if I just merge them into one folder (and the only files conflicting are the history files which were accordingly modified beforehand).

I will probably not need all features of the More Bloodlines mod and I rather stick to the portraits to add immersion. However, it would be nice to add some bloodlines, especially that of House Dayne. Does anyone know how to do this? A single bloodline similar to vanilla AGOT would suffice.

Thanks a lot in advance!

*edit it is supposed to be Portrait Replacement by ReMeDy.

So I have tried all kinds of methods, but nothing worked. Does anyone know which files exactly need to be modified to add a bloodline? I have first modified common/bloodlines 00_bloodlines.txt to add the Blackfyre and Dayne bloodline and then history/characters crownlands_ancestors.txt and dorne_ancestors.txt to add create_bloodline to Samwell and Daemon, yet again nothing worked (though I even modified the main AGOT files to force the game to do it).

For some reason, it worked now (inserted the 00_bloodlines.txt of More Bloodlines in the main AGOT folder, and added the create_bloodline of More Bloodlines to the history files of Portrait Replacement which is used as a sub-mod). Though I managed to "activate" three bloodlines (Fowler, Mormont, Dayne), they are not named correctly. For instance, the Bloodline of Samwell Dayne is just called "samwell_dayne," as it is set in the 00_bloodlines.txt file. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I also tried set_name = "Dayne Bloodline" in both 00_bloodlines.txt and the history files where I insert create_bloodline, but that didn't work.

*edit Alright, after checking the bloodlines.info and googleing "LOC_KEY," I figured out that I had to edit the localisation, too (00_bloodlines.csv) where I just copy + pasted the description of the More Bloodline mod. Now everything works fine.

Last edited: