• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bobolicious1

Sergeant
3 Badges
May 27, 2021
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
For the Molon Labe achievement, if I form the Peloponesian or Hellenic Leagues as Sparta before I sack Persepolis, does the achievement still fire? And do I have to receive it as part of a peace treaty or just successfully siege it?

Achievements in this game are somewhat buggy so I just did it as Sparta without becoming another tag. You have to sack Persepolis through the event that only triggers when you OWN it, but that's very easily achieved since you can use imperial challenge and just run an army over to Persepolis and instantly take it that way, letting you sack it. Note that this event can only fire if Persepolis is a city when you get it so if Maurya or Parthia totally crushed the Seleukids and reduced it to a settlement already you're SOL and need to start a new game.

Achievements in this game are somewhat buggy so I just did it as Sparta without becoming another tag. You have to sack Persepolis through the event that only triggers when you OWN it, but that's very easily achieved since you can use imperial challenge and just run an army over to Persepolis and instantly take it that way, letting you sack it. Note that this event can only fire if Persepolis is a city when you get it so if Maurya or Parthia totally crushed the Seleukids and reduced it to a settlement already you're SOL and need to start a new game.
Thanks. I’ll try with forming the Hellenic League first. If that doesn’t work, Peloponessian league. Then, finally just as Sparta. I’ve got plenty of time

Can't you upgrade it back, release and truce break?