• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now to take some more lands! Some bad looking land full of pagans... :)
I of course am speaking about Kongo!
They are DOWed and we plunge into +1 stability!

kngo.png
Our 1,000 infantry army maneuvers around the 8,000 Kongo army and we get 2 provinces from the war! (Some good ol' fashion pagan annexing did the trick!)

But then Hungary DOWs us...and Poland takes over.

In '64 Hungary occupies Bessarabia and we send another colonist to Cape Verde to get its population increase to hurry up!!! (They need to find a way to repopulate quicker!)

Then rebels appear in Loango, but we maneuver around them and they go into Kongo, where Kongo collapses and the rebels disappear! :D

We do this about 5 times waiting for a peace offer that does not include our vassalization... (we went to -3 stability from the peace offers!)

In September 1466 we send a White peace to Poland and they accept! They are the 3rd to be beaten by Moldavian diplomacy/get screwed by Moldavia weaseling out of a war...

oto.png

Meanwhile the Ottomans are getting screwed over...

We also explore down to Cape...
Then Loango declares independence!!! Madness!!!

Due to the retardeness of Loango they accept a peace settlement with them paying us 50 ducats even though they hold a province of ours...but we lose our coastal province in africa...While trying to get our army out they are slaughtered by 7,000 natives and the fleet returns to Cape Verde.

We then get an Alliance offer from Wallachia, who obtained freedom from the Ottomans when Austria defeated them. (Bulgaria is independent now also!)

Now in January 1471 Crimea DOWs us again, when we just recruited 1K more men to kill those rotten African renegades...

They destroy out army...take Bessarabia...
And after 3 years of occupation they accept a white peace! Moldavian diplomacy kill count: 4!
During the occupation Bulgaria offers an alliance, now we have Morea, Wallachia, and Bulgaria as allies.

We then work our relations with Wallachia up to 190 (Military access) and send a vassalization offer which they accept!

Now we DOW Loango again (who cares about -6 stability anyway...) and send out 2K man army (2K mercs)
We are able to annex Loango and force Kongo to pay 50 ducats after we occupy their capital (they were allies)

But we have pirates of the coast of Loango now!!!
With our war gains from war taxes and random 50 ducats from Kongo we recruit a carrack. We also try to recruit a real army since we disbanded the mercenaries we had in Africa.

Then something weird happens...
Poland and Lithuania end up at war with us...
Then Bulgaria somehow...
Then somehow Hungary...
(I am still confused how this happened...)

Soon Poland and Lithuania accept a white peace (diplomatic kill count: 5)
Then Bulgaria accepts a white peace....(6)
Then Austria....(7)
Then Hungary....(8)

Don't you love how the AI handles peace offers!! :D

That leaves us in 1487, after about 6 years of random occupation....

Back to Africa!!! :cool:

Mendeth said:
wow, busy few years, I'm impressed with the colonisation of Africa. Hasn't Portugal begun competing with you yet?
They have a few colonies just south of Morocco. They tend to take several years though since the natives are so hostile though. I think they only have Infi at the time of the last update.

Pretty impressive, altough you were dependent on events going your way. It would've been enough for one thing to go wrong, and you would've been history. If Poland had declared war on you instead of Crimea, you would've been annexed. Or, if Grenada hadn't fallen in just 3 months, you may have lost your fleet. Still, you had a plan and it worked. Great for you!

One thing I don't understand about Grenada: couldn't you at least sell the province in January 1, for some gold?

Fijj said:
WOW, you suck at expanding.
You got to take Bulgaria and Wallaca to win the game!!

Classic.
Like your surprised... :D

Moldavia said:
Pretty impressive, altough you were dependent on events going your way. It would've been enough for one thing to go wrong, and you would've been history. If Poland had declared war on you instead of Crimea, you would've been annexed. Or, if Grenada hadn't fallen in just 3 months, you may have lost your fleet. Still, you had a plan and it worked. Great for you!

One thing I don't understand about Grenada: couldn't you at least sell the province in January 1, for some gold?
That is the only way I could have really done it, it is a luck based strategy. And your ability to weasel out of peace offers...
And I actually sent my fleet back to Bessarabia when my men landed.

You are right about Poland, I was lucky that Crimea could be beaten. (Crimea was at war with Poland also)

Something I have generally noticed about selling provinces is that: Unless the country is very rich, the only way to get them to take the province is for it to be their culture, or have a core and it has to be for 0 ducats.
I probably could have gotten 20 ducats, but I saw a few Castillians on the border ;)

I tried to follow your strategy, with a few alternations. I declared war on Grenada from day 1, while starting to build a cog. Poland and Crimea went to war against each other and I was safe. Grenada was now in war against Castille, Morocco, and Algiers. I figured that they would lose one province and I was hoping of beseiging the remaining capital. I built another cog after the first was completed, planning to recruit a good mercenary from Grenada. Grenada made peace with the rest and things went just as I had planned: they only had their capital left. I got there and moved my troops on their land. Their garrison was less than 500 and things were sweet. I felt so good that I was on my way to put on a Dr Dre tune, when I noticed their army returning to their land: 1k cavalry and 1k army. The operation was over.

If I ha recruited 2 mercenary troops, I would probably have made it, but I was a bit cheap and wanted to save as much money as possible. I'll try it again and see how it goes, but I think that this is the kind of game where you need for a certain scenario to go your way; which means a lot of new starts. Did things go your way from the first try?

Moldavia said:
I tried to follow your strategy, with a few alternations. I declared war on Grenada from day 1, while starting to build a cog. Poland and Crimea went to war against each other and I was safe. Grenada was now in war against Castille, Morocco, and Algiers. I figured that they would lose one province and I was hoping of beseiging the remaining capital. I built another cog after the first was completed, planning to recruit a good mercenary from Grenada. Grenada made peace with the rest and things went just as I had planned: they only had their capital left. I got there and moved my troops on their land. Their garrison was less than 500 and things were sweet. I felt so good that I was on my way to put on a Dr Dre tune, when I noticed their army returning to their land: 1k cavalry and 1k army. The operation was over.

If I ha recruited 2 mercenary troops, I would probably have made it, but I was a bit cheap and wanted to save as much money as possible. I'll try it again and see how it goes, but I think that this is the kind of game where you need for a certain scenario to go your way; which means a lot of new starts. Did things go your way from the first try?
Well, this AAR is actually my 2nd try.
In my first one...a unfortunate Hungarian offensive brought me down very quickly... :(

I was lucky with the weakened Granada, they had 1 province, no army, and could not get help from Morocco since Castille surrounded them.

I have been very lucky so far, but I have had a LOT of ups and downs...
Loango declaring independence really pissed me off...those 6 years of Bessarabia being occupied were rather bad....

But the fact that I did not face resistance in Iberia and that my colonist in Cape Verde succeeded are the major things...

I hope you'll grow strong and return to the region to put a few things right. First, eliberate Wallachia and seize their land. Then, Transylvania. Neutralize the Ottomans and Crimea. When you feel confident enough, invade Stockholm, because that's where Johan is from; and it's his fault that Moldavia is so pathetic in the game. As I've said before: Moldavia managed to become a regional power, defeating all of her neighbors, over and over again. The Hungarian king was defeated in battle and was almost killed (he was injured thrice); Crimea was defeated and the son of the Khan was executed; when Poland was invaded, Moldavia enslaved over 100,000 people and almost sacked the capital; and the Ottomans suffered their worst defeat at Vaslui, losing over 40,000 men. Lastly, Stephen the Great was much better than his cousin, Vlad Dracula, yet the game shows Dracula as having better values than Stephen. That's BS! The fact is that Johan is not fond of that region, but I won't say more. I better stop here. ;)

Some links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_vaslui

Stephen inflicted on the Ottomans a decisive defeat that has been described as "the greatest ever secured by the Cross against Islam,"[2] with casualties, according to Venetian and Polish records, reaching beyond 40,000 on the Ottoman side. Mara Brankovic (Mara Hatun), who had formerly been the younger wife of Murad II, told a Venetian envoy that the invasion had been worst ever defeat for the Ottomans.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baia

And to see Wallachia under Dracula as being such a loyal servant is a big joke!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_Attack

Anway, ignore my rant. I'm waiting to be updated on your ventures in Africa. I'm counting on you!

i think it will be a while before he attempts to conquer lands in europe. for one, having a single province and colonies prevents bordering nations to ever claim 100% victory.

great maneuvering spl! ive used this tactic before as well when fighting an overwhelming enemy. namely waiting for AI to tire and offer/accept white peace. in my case it was as Oranje versus British Empire in Victoria. Of course the secret is to own provinces outside of the reach of your enemies..

kind of like Portugal during Napoleonic wars :)

:rofl:

very hilarious that the AI will accept white peace like that. Now, only if they did that in Rome...

I was going to say good luck, but it seems you have been doing quite nicely without me saying it.

Whoooaaa spl - so much action in your aar - great! Soon Moldavia will become a true power in the balkans and nothing will stop her from WC!!! Btw you should try ally with a major power - maybe Muscowy, Novgorod who is bigger :p can't wait to read the following updates :D
Good luck!

A lot of diplomats being exectued by the enemies.
That is why no one wants to be a diplomat. :)

Yay, you have survived the first waves!
And now attack the pagans in America? ;)

So....Now that I have finished updating the part of the game where I was only playing to try to do Moldavia's challenge, does anybody want me to write differently?

Say...
More pictures...
More details...
Less stupid jokes...