• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duuk

Reformed Badboy
23 Badges
Oct 16, 2001
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
I keep seeing a reference to user mods, but I can't see a subforum of them.

Help?

I keep seeing a reference to user mods, but I can't see a subforum of them.

Help?
How strange. You have registered your game - you should be able to see it. It is the fourth sub-forum. You may want to post in the Paradox General Discussion thread. That seems to get the attention of Kallocain, who seems to be in charge of forum permissions and the like.

I hate to ask, but could you PM him for me? I can't see the general forum. I suspect it's due to my "On Probation" status.

Psst, it's a secret. Can you recommend any good mods that clean up some of the balance? For example:

Make rogues not suck.
Make mages not suck.

Mages are easy to level up; then they aren't so bad. Just hire 1 mage and 9 clerics and put a defend flag on the mage. He will level up when fighting something like a werewolf: the clerics will be too busy healing. I tried this once to get a high level mage to upgrade to an icemage for my house of lords. It cost a bunch, but was worth it. For rogues, you should make them your fighting class. If you just make them as a side class and buy all of them plus their upgrades you will do well. I found that in multiplayer rogues were especially useful due to the amount of time they could level up in before you swarm your opponent.