• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Silfae

Colonel
31 Badges
Nov 4, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Since I've made a significant number of them by this point, I think it would be better to keep every update in a single thread.
Any future graphical set that I draw I'll post here.

Note for players: If you want to post or re-link screenshots of your playthroughs featuring my species, you are welcome and very much appreciated for doing so.

Fox Portraits Dimorphism
3FB9AD6C53CDDE4B8F5F8E22B3AA7F84BCBF884B

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=711825958
I believe this is my most used mod on Steam, although it is the one I spent less work to make overall...

Cat Portraits Dimorphism

Animated Eldar Portraits
3B8C5A1461061FA8600182F67FB45E209E9BEDF3

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707415339

I have to say this was my first work on Stellaris graphics, and I'm not really satisfied by it. I think that the new vanilla not!Vulcans are superior, but I'm still leaving it on, since there seem to be people who still like it.

Animated Asari Portraits

Animated Quarian Portraits

Animated Serpentoid Portraits

Holosphere Rising

Last edited:
And now, the new entry:

Animated Raptor Portraits
089A1A5BA55D3D664FACE784B4527FFE28996CD3

Steam Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=872596925

Contents

Animated Portrait Set
Fully animated space dromaeosaur portrait set. They twitch, and blink, and look around, and breathe, just like vanilla portraits. They have different clothes and coloring, and slight sexual dimorphism (females have dimmer color patterns and are slightly bigger).
You can easily use this set to create any Custom Empire you like, just like for the vanilla portraits.

Custom City Set
Space Aztec inspired. Used in my Custom Empire, but can be used for any other Empire you create.

Custom Name List
Long list of Aztec names.

Custom Flag
The skeletal paw of a Velociraptor, with the iconic sickle claw.

Custom Starting Solar System
The Twin Quarks: a binary solar system of red stars. The starting planet is within the asteroid belt; your tiles start surrounded by jungle, but the asteroids in the system can be mined for resources.

Custom AI Personality
If my Custom Empire (and only that one) of Astroraptors is moved by the AI, it will acquire by default the Pretentious Conquerors personality. It makes the AI focus on hull and speed for his ships, and prefer conquest and subjugation over colonization. It is also paired with about 70 new lines of dialogue for the various diplomatic messages, which provide multiple reactions for each vanilla species_class.

Custom Empire
The Glorious Crescent. Since this mod does not add any gameplay, I’ve set this Empire as capable of spawning on its own (although it won’t spawn always), unless the player is using it, in which case it will never spawn.
If you wish to disable the Empire from spawning without using it yourself, you need to either disable the mod before starting up Stellaris, or go to the mod folder (Steam/SteamApps/workshop/content/281990/... /saurischian_portraits/prescripted_countries/) open the saurischian_prescripted_countries file, search for spawn_enabled=yes, and edit it to: spawn_enabled=no.
You can also edit it to: spawn_enabled=always, if you wish the Glorious Crescent to always be spawned in your games (although it’ll still be automatically disabled if you are using it yourself, in order to avoid having twin empires).

Compatibility
This mod does not affect any vanilla files, nor does it add any gameplay feature. I don’t think it should cause any conflict with most other mods, although there might be exceptions I haven’t thought of.

Great work with the new Serpentoids! Any idea what you are working on next?

Thanks.

As for what's next, I don't know, I think I might be a little busy with other stuff in the next month, we'll see what I can think of doing in my spare time.

Could you make a portrait for a race that looks similar to the Asgard from Stargate? And a hologram version of the same species similar in style of Cortana?

We have a bigger addition planned for our mod for which we could really use these. Unfortunately we lack artists capable of making portraits of your quality.

how-to-draw-a-gray-alien-the-grays_1_000000019880_5.png

Something along that line. It would also be a nice addition for the humanoid aliens without just looking like a human with an artificial forehead :)

Last edited:
Thanks.

As for what's next, I don't know, I think I might be a little busy with other stuff in the next month, we'll see what I can think of doing in my spare time.

Ok that sounds great! I'm sure you get plenty of requests that you may never get to, but if you don't mind, I would like to throw in suggestions for dog (caninoid?) portraits, capybara portraits, and double headed eagle portraits.

It's a shame Paradox can't draw faces as good as you; the vanilla humans are almost as ugly as Distant World's human portrait.

Also, the raptor is fantastic.

I think that the Space Egyptian serpentfolk and Space Aztec raptors are inspired choices. :)

It's a shame Paradox can't draw faces as good as you; the vanilla humans are almost as ugly as Distant World's human portrait.

Also, the raptor is fantastic.
Thanks, although, I don't know, the Eldars I think have come out a little weird, hopefully next humanoids I make will be better.

I think that the Space Egyptian serpentfolk and Space Aztec raptors are inspired choices. :)
Thank you, I hoped so.

Animated Synthetic Progression Portraits
E36FDAE2E2481B29B8BFD918E45677DF5D000B4F

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876504304
To celebrate the upcoming Utopia expansion, which will allow the player to turn his species into synthetic creatures, here you have the synthetic progression path.

Contents

Three new portraits to make the synthetic variants more easily recognizable.
Robots still use the Vanilla portrait, the first image on top.
Droids use the second image, which comes in a few color variants.
Synths use the third image.
AI Consciousness uses the fourth.

Compatibility

This is a purely graphical mod, with absolutely no gameplay code attached, so it should be compatible with almost anything.
If you are using the Playable Robots mod, these new three variants will be available for player use as well.

These look really good. I just hope Paradox will at some point offer a choice how your synths should look like. So you can choose from a pool of portraits.

Very beautiful. The Synth definitely has the uncanny valley thing going for it. So if I understand correctly other than the robot which remains as is, this simply just replaces the existing vanilla portraits?

These look really good. I just hope Paradox will at some point offer a choice how your synths should look like. So you can choose from a pool of portraits.
Those are outstanding!
Thanks.
Very beautiful. The Synth definitely has the uncanny valley thing going for it. So if I understand correctly other than the robot which remains as is, this simply just replaces the existing vanilla portraits?
Yes.

Thanks.
Yes, unless I have something keeping me away from the computer, I will likely update my mods to the new patch, when April comes.

Thanks.
Yes, unless I have something keeping me away from the computer, I will likely update my mods to the new patch, when April comes.

You're welcome! And sweet!

I do hope you create a Japanese themed empire next! Samurai red pandas in space!

Hey there's a game out there that has space samurai bears so why not Stellaris? ;)

Those are excellent city backgrounds too by the way! How did you create the space raptor city?

Eh, Japanese-based might be interesting, bears I wouldn't know.

The city_sets are usually based on a pre-existing vanilla set, which I modify through Photoshop until most of the vanilla buildings have disappeared.