• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

felixthales

Recruit
24 Badges
Apr 13, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hello,

I have the GoG version of the game running on Solus Linux.

Today I installed the 1.5.3 version of the game and wanted to play with some mods. Problem is, mods are not working. I see them in launcher, can activate/deactivate, but it looks like they are just not affecting the game - tried "Imperators' Navigable Rivers", "Interesting Histories" and few others.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Not really ... How did you install them?

Do they appear in the Documents/paradox/imperator/mod/ folder?

Dear Andrew,

"Imperators' Navigable Rivers" I got from paradoxplaza. Then I extracted the archive in "~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Imperator/mod/" folder. It is also enabled in the launcher, but on a new game it looks like vanilla map to me.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200914_181956.jpg
    Screenshot_20200914_181956.jpg
    53,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20200914_182723.jpg
    Screenshot_20200914_182723.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 0
I don't know that mod (in fact any mod!) so I don't know what visible difference it should make ... have you contacted the mod author about any installation steps you might need to take?

I used the uploader built into the launcher for that mod.
Doing it that way doesn't seem to create good structure for manual download and installation. It requires a user to create a folder and .mod file for mods uploaded that way.
If mods are uploaded manually with already packed in a folder and beside a .mod file, then it doesn't play well with the subscribe button.
What I am trying to get at is. It is cool what paradox is trying to do with paradox mods, and I can't wait to see the ability to use previous mod versions be extended to other games. However, it still needs some work before it becomes as user friendly as the steam workshop.

If this is going to keep being an issue, I think that I will have to start keeping directed downloads on the forum pages again.

I used the uploader built into the launcher for that mod.
Doing it that way doesn't seem to create good structure for manual download and installation. It requires a user to create a folder and .mod file for mods uploaded that way.
If mods are uploaded manually with already packed in a folder and beside a .mod file, then it doesn't play well with the subscribe button.
What I am trying to get at is. It is cool what paradox is trying to do with paradox mods, and I can't wait to see the ability to use previous mod versions be extended to other games. However, it still needs some work before it becomes as user friendly as the steam workshop.

If this is going to keep being an issue, I think that I will have to start keeping directed downloads on the forum pages again.
Thanks for your feedback. Can I get you to pass this on to the launcher devs here?

It is not about one mod not working. Not a single mod I have tried is working.
I see, not good. Does this also affect say HOI4?

Sure but they use the same launcher. Indeed the same installation of the same launcher!

You say no IR mod works; even simple ones that might add say music or flags or something?

Sorry to be vague but I'm struggling for any explanation of this problem.

Sorry, I frankly have no idea why this is still happening for you.

Do you have access to another machine, preferably one running a supported OS, to test this on?

No, I do not. I remember playing Bronze Age mod on earlier version of Rome.

Can you tell me in what log files I can look to see if the mods are started on game start?

Last edited:
All game logs should be in /home/user/.paradoxinteractive/ImperatorRome/logs/

But I'm not sure an attempt to load mods is actually logged anywhere.

In my case logs are stored in ~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Imperator/logs/. In error.log I see this line "[dlc.cpp:1890]: Incorrect MOD descriptor: "mod/descriptor.mod""

Can you find out?

Last edited:
I know nothing about mods or modding, I'm sorry, but that error seems like a problem in that .mod file - can you check with the modding experts in the user mods forum here?