• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WeeBigTerd101

Captain
2 Badges
Nov 16, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Battle for Bosporus
I know it would be difficult for mods to be imported to console but it would be cool.

I'm not sure of the technical limitations but if it is possible to have mods on console edition you could create an in-game modding button in the menu maybe below credits or something idk. So when you click on it it would load up this screen where you could scroll through the mod options and then download them to your console and the mods would fall under the games storage and you could go to your downloaded mod section and enable the ones you want to use.

I have no idea if it's possible But I would love to see mods on console. If there were mods the repeatability of the game would be rapidly increased.

Something like what surviving mars had would be nice, but they have said they want to catch up to PC before they add mod support.

Reactions:
Something like what surviving mars had would be nice, but they have said they want to catch up to PC before they add mod support.
So does that mean get to necroids?? because it feels like pc is always going to be ahead well hopefully in at least three years we get mod support

Yes it does, but I'm pretty sure we are advancing faster than PC.
we're catching up

but paradox is still working on updates and new dlc for the pc version, not sure what that means exactly for the console edition in terms of future expansion passes [which is how we seem to get content now]

without knowing when Lithoids will come out this year, we can only take wild guesses on when Expansion Pass 4 will hit

if they can get the species pack to us in a reasonable timeframe then we might, and I use the word might very carefully, get expansion pass 4 late this year, or early next year if things don't go to plan [which i'm betting on given how long it took Tantalus to get us the 2.2.7 update]

• 1Like
Reactions:
Lthoids would be in Spring i guess, species packs come out quickly after a main expansion or story dlc. I'd say summer, well get more info before paradox goes on thier summer break

Reactions:
we're catching up

but paradox is still working on updates and new dlc for the pc version, not sure what that means exactly for the console edition in terms of future expansion passes [which is how we seem to get content now]

without knowing when Lithoids will come out this year, we can only take wild guesses on when Expansion Pass 4 will hit

if they can get the species pack to us in a reasonable timeframe then we might, and I use the word might very carefully, get expansion pass 4 late this year, or early next year if things don't go to plan [which i'm betting on given how long it took Tantalus to get us the 2.2.7 update]
It would be spring i take it

we can hope

but this is the first time where were getting a species pack from future content

so there "might" be some issues in that...which is why some players are curious if the Lithoids species pack part of expansion pass 3 will shoot us to 2.5 [the update Lithoids came out in]

Reactions:
Its our 3rd species pack
Let me explain it in more detail since I feel like you don't understand

All the content we get for the Console Edition of the game is based on content that already exists on the PC Edition [with some changes the uniquely apply to consoles]

Excluding Expansion Pass 3 [the one we are currently on], each pass has put us to a PC patch in terms of general content, while each DLC actually unlocks said content

Expansion Pass 1 was PC Patch 1.7

Expansion Pass 2 was PC Patch 2.2.7

Now Plantoids and Humanoids existed during these patch cycles, so there isn't an issue there

However, Lithoids doesn't exist in the current patch cycle that we have going off PC as it was released in patch 2.5

I.E. we are getting content that shouldn't technically exist until the next Expansion Pass, thus Paradox has to work with Tantalus since they need to tweak their original game code to work Lithoids into the game in a way that won't break things

Let me explain it in more detail since I feel like you don't understand

All the content we get for the Console Edition of the game is based on content that already exists on the PC Edition [with some changes the uniquely apply to consoles]

Excluding Expansion Pass 3 [the one we are currently on], each pass has put us to a PC patch in terms of general content, while each DLC actually unlocks said content

Expansion Pass 1 was PC Patch 1.7

Expansion Pass 2 was PC Patch 2.2.7

Now Plantoids and Humanoids existed during these patch cycles, so there isn't an issue there

However, Lithoids doesn't exist in the current patch cycle that we have going off PC as it was released in patch 2.5

I.E. we are getting content that shouldn't technically exist until the next Expansion Pass, thus Paradox has to work with Tantalus since they need to tweak their original game code to work Lithoids into the game in a way that won't break things
so will lithoids bump us up to like 2.5? or not

To be honest? Nobody knows. They could Frankenstein the code together or get us to 2.5. I'm thinking 2.5 just because if they are porting the lithoids code over, why not do it all? MrFreake also said this on the discord.
From MrFreake on discord: @coleydragon 7 lithoids was released on PC 2.5, console right now is equivalent to PC 2.2.7

Reactions:
it just wouldn't make much sense though to put us into 2.5 just for the species pack alone and then make us wait who knows how long until they get expansion pass 4 out and bump us to 2.8 to give us the content we skipped during the jump

No since 2.5 is the 2nd last update in the ancient relics block of updates which i doubt Tantalus has even started yet since they are still working on the megacorp dlc.

Lithoids is out of sync in the console patch sequence since previously we were getting updates and expansions in the same sequence as pc did, had tantalus and paradox stuck with that sequence the dlc sequence would have been

Distant Stars (2.1)
Megacorp (2.2)
Ancient Relics (2.3 - 2.5)
Lithoids species pack (2.5)
Federations (2.6 - 2.7)
Necroids species pack (2.8)

Reactions: