Mods and Patch 1.13.3-f9 [Mod compatibility thread]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Avanya

Asset creator
14 Badges
Dec 8, 2015
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
This patch shouldn't affect too many mods, but some are likely to need updating, meaning your city won't load/work like it usually does. But don't worry, most mods update pretty quickly or can safely be removed, so you are unlikely to lose your city.

Just don't panic and if you do open your save, don't save over the file - save as a new file instead just to be safe.

If you don't use any mods from the workshop or have been through patches before you likely know the drill and this post won't really be useful for you. It's intended to help players who aren't used to mods and patches through the update as smoothly as possible. If this is still all new to you and you have questions feel free to ask and I’ll answer them as best as I can.

If you play with a lot of mods
  • Check the list of broken mods below
  • Wait for mods to update - or help see what mods needs updated.
  • Save as a new file if you do open your save! Just in case some smaller issues are discovered later.

Will I be able to continue my old city?
Most likely yes, but it might be a few days depending on what mods you use.

Will ‘insert mod’ be updated?
Most likely yes - a lot of our awesome modders are working hard to get everything up and running again. But some mods will need larger fixes and as modders only have their free time, we might wait a while for some of them. Now is a great time to tell them how much we appreciate their work! And if there are already several comments mentioning the mod is broken, you don't need to comment. The modder knows and will update when they can.

Which mods are broken?

Loading Screen Mod and Loading Screen Mod [Test] just updated. So far no new mod issues have popped up, but I still recommend saving as a new file just in case.

For an up-to-date list please see this spreadsheet:

Which mods do I absolutely need to load my city?
I don't have a complete list, but generally mods that add a network like Network Extensions 2, More Train Tracks, Metro Overhaul Mod, One Way Train Tracks and Extra Train Station Tracks are needed to load a city once you have used the networks they add in your city. If any of these are broken you'll have to wait for them to be fixed to load your city again. 81 tiles is another mod you'll need to wait for to be updated if you have used it.

Then there are mods like Traffic Manager: President Edition, any mod that changes population numbers (like Realistic Population and Consumption), Ploppable RICO / Plop the Growables, which you can load your city without, but it's not a good idea as your city will be chaotic at best and fall apart at worst.

A good way to determine how much you need a mod is to think of what it does. If it makes some big changes to how things work in game, removing it will cause problems. If it's something that makes things more convenient for you but doesn't really change how things function once in your city, it isn't a big deal to get rid of.

Last edited:
Hmmm... where do we find Patch notes? :)
I think the update has no changes from previous version which is why no patch notes were posted. The first sentence (of this thread) also hints that the update should not break lots of mods, which is typical for minor updates.

I think the update has no changes from previous version which is why no patch notes were posted. The first sentence (of this thread) also hints that the update should not break lots of mods, which is typical for minor updates.
Yeah I'd think the same... besides it just hit me that there might be new mechanics to place bridges and piers to make it easier for assets creators :D:D

There still ought to be something, even if it is just:

Patch 1.13.3-f9 was released on 2021-05-21 to accommodate the Train Stations, Bridges and Piers, Rail Hawk and Sunny Breeze DLCs.

• Paid content Train Stations added
  • Paid content Bridges and Piers added
  • Paid content Rail Hawk Radio added
  • Paid content Sunny Breeze Radio added

There still ought to be something, even if it is just:

Patch 1.13.3-f9 was released on 2021-05-21 to accommodate the Train Stations, Bridges and Piers, Rail Hawk and Sunny Breeze DLCs.

• Paid content Train Stations added
  • Paid content Bridges and Piers added
  • Paid content Rail Hawk Radio added
  • Paid content Sunny Breeze Radio added

... although i think that notes might be as disappointing as these:
"Patch 1.12.2-f3 was released on 2019-11-07 to accommodate the Modern City Center and Downtown Radio DLCs.
Paid content Modern City Center added
Paid content Downtown Radio added"

... although i think that notes might be as disappointing as these:
"Patch 1.12.2-f3 was released on 2019-11-07 to accommodate the Modern City Center and Downtown Radio DLCs.
Paid content Modern City Center added
Paid content Downtown Radio added"
Recognized where I got the format from? ;)
Working on the wiki now.

Oh actually that's what we've missed:

Piers are missing in the Bridges and Piers video.
Here are the screenshots:

I am not sure if they were tested before the release... quite .... ermmm.... I'll leave it to you to decide.

EDIT: as suggested below and i have suspected too - they are more suited for quays and retaining walls, or harbours/ports that don't have them yet ;)

Last edited:
Piers are missing in the Bridges and Piers video.
Here are the screenshots:

I am not sure if they were tested before the release... quite .... ermmm.... I'll leave it to you to decide.
Lots of people are similarly confused about these, until they place them on a quay and realize they make total sense :)

Patch notes now available. :)

Reactions:
I use 62 mods (including most of the common ones: Move It, TMPE, Loading Screen, Find It, Node Controller, Intersection Marking Tool, CSL Map View, ...), and the only one I had any problems with is Rebalanced Industries, which throws an error and refuses to load (but the game runs fine otherwise).

Hey everyone. I've been having issues with the game freezing almost every 10-15 mins. Shuts me out completed. This is the first time it's ever happened so frequently. Anyone else with the issue?

Hey everyone. I've been having issues with the game freezing almost every 10-15 mins. Shuts me out completed. This is the first time it's ever happened so frequently. Anyone else with the issue?
Please post in detail in the Support forum for this game here, thanks.

hello
i have the same freezing issue, if you figured any solution out please tell me, ive stopped playing 2 weeks ago because of it, Thanks!!
Please post in detail in the Support forum for this game here, thanks.