Mods and Patch 1.13.1-f1 [Mod compatibility thread]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Avanya

Asset creator
14 Badges
Dec 8, 2015
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
Patch day is likely to break some mods, meaning your city won't load/work like it usually does. But don't worry, most mods update pretty quickly or can safely be removed, so you are unlikely to lose your city.

Just don't panic and if you do open your save, don't save over the file - save as a new file instead just to be safe.

If you don't use any mods from the workshop or have been through patches before you likely know the drill and this post won't really be useful for you. It's intended to help players who aren't used to mods and patches through the update as smoothly as possible. If this is still all new to you and you have questions feel free to ask and I’ll answer them as best as I can.

If you play with a lot of mods
  • Don’t open your city or cities yet, but wait until most major mods are updated, so nothing breaks.
  • Keep an eye on this post and its links so you know which mods are updated.
  • Disable all mods and start a new city (make sure not to save over your other city!) if you want to check out the new features. This can easily be done by adding the launch option “-noWorkshop” (without the quotation marks)
  • Even if you have broken mods you might still be able to load your city, but depending on the mods things might be messy. If you do load without those mods, make sure to save as a new file just in case!

Will I be able to continue my old city?
Most likely yes, but it might be a few days depending on what mods you use. I'll help you figure out when you can safely start your city again.

Will ‘insert mod’ be updated?
Most likely yes - a lot of our awesome modders are working hard to get everything up and running again. But some mods will need larger fixes and as modders only have their free time, we might wait a while for some of them. Now is a great time to tell them how much we appreciate their work! And if there are already several comments mentioning the mod is broken, you don't need to comment. The modder knows and will update when they can.

Which mods are broken?

Not broken, but has some issues

Has been updated - working again

Obsolute - no longer needed

Which mods do I absolutely need to load my city?
I don't have a complete list, but generally mods that add a network like Network Extensions 2, More Train Tracks, Metro Overhaul Mod, One Way Train Tracks and Extra Train Station Tracks are needed to load a city once you have used the networks they add in your city. If any of these are broken you'll have to wait for them to be fixed to load your city again. 81 tiles is another mod you'll need to wait for to be updated if you have used it.

Then there are mods like Traffic Manager: President Edition, any mod that changes population numbers (like Realistic Population and Consumption), Ploppable RICO and Plop the Growables, which you can load your city without, but it's not a good idea as your city will be chaotic at best and fall apart at worst.

A good way to determine how much you need a mod is to think of what it does. If it makes some big changes to how things work in game, removing it will cause problems. If it's something that makes things more convenient for you but doesn't really change how things function once in your city, it isn't a big deal to get rid of.

What about Metro Overhaul Mod
Metro Overhaul Mod has been updated! If you wonder what the mod has to offer now that above ground metro has been added to the game, check out this message from one of the creators.

Still having issues?
You might have mods that broke before this patch - maybe last patch or long before that. I recommend checking out this list of broken and abandoned mods to get rid of any old ones you still have. It's a constant work in progress, so it may not be a complete list, but it's a great place to start. See the tab at the bottom on how to use.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Looks like 9 mods here are being used in my city, so yep, cannot open temporarily. But what about the original Fine Road Anarchy? Last time I played the game on March 13 it still works fine.

still having problems error message just keeps coming up

Field '.PathUnit.m_vehicleTypes' not found. [System.MissingFieldException]

Details:
No details
ive disabled all my mods and assets and then started a new game still the error message keeps coming up. any ideas? many thanks

still having problems error message just keeps coming up

Field '.PathUnit.m_vehicleTypes' not found. [System.MissingFieldException]

Details:
No details
ive disabled all my mods and assets and then started a new game still the error message keeps coming up. any ideas? many thanks

Remove the broken version of TMPE linked in the OP and replace it with one of the two listed in the "Updated" section.

Dear Avanya!
What can I do, if I saved my savegame that inclouded the past mod versions( 81 Tiles, Traffic Manager: President Edition[Stable] ? It lost permanently? As will be seen in the picture, the game only loads halfway. I have been suffering from my recovery for 5 hours, but I am unsuccessful. If I need to wait, i will waiting, but I hope I didn't screwed up my savegame. I attach the output.log and a screen pic.
Can you give me some information? Thanks in advance.

Try it again now that 81 tiles has been fixed. Make sure the mod is enabled (along with any others you have that have been fixed, and leave Network Extensions 2 on if you use it). Grab the mod Save Our Saves as well and make sure it's enabled. Then try loading your save. I'm not sure it will work, the save might simply be too messed up to save, but it's worth a try. :/

You don't happen to have an autosave from before the patch that you could use instead?

I get the same thing with the 'forever loading' load screen.

Did you also open the save with the broken 81 tiles enabled and save again?

I did it at my own risk, but I think I 'killed' old cities by trying to open them before the mods were updated. I can start, play, save, reopen new cities no problem.

I did it at my own risk, but I think I 'killed' old cities by trying to open them before the mods were updated. I can start, play, save, reopen new cities no problem.

Have you got 81 Tiles too? Apparently that got an update late last night and that's messed up a lot of saves.

Have you got 81 Tiles too? Apparently that got an update late last night and that's messed up a lot of saves.

It wasn't the update that messed with things, the update just didn't fix all the problems. So people saved with it, thinking it was fixed, but it wasn't. This is why it is so important to never save over the same savegame file. Bloody Penguin is working on recovery mode which can hopefully help the affected saves.

There are also a bunch of assets affected by what seems to be a bug. They are causing a simulation failure. See the main post for a list of the assets.

the following are a copies of my posts yesterday on MOM comments (in C:S Workshop on Steam) -
The problem is that the original stock metro track has been replaced with a new stock metro track! The MOM tracks were based on the OSM track. Now that the OSM track is deleted from the game, anything that was based on them is broken (net info missing), that includes MOM tracks. As a consequence of that, any asset that is dependent on MOM tracks is now broken, including the Metropolitan Depot!

Note: MOM (the mod) is not broken!... it still functions as advertised with a few changes: it lays NSM track (which it cannot modify) instead of MOM track and it allows you to substitute NSM track for Standard Stock Rail track in stations.

In the interim, once the Metropolitan Depot is updated to use NSM track - all the die-hard MOM users will be back in business.

In the long term, the MOM team has a lot of work to do to get it back to v9 functionality, so please give the team a break and please be patient.
&
it just occurred to me that the fastest/easiest/simplest solution to this problem would be if the C:S devs were to reinstate the original stock metro track (hidden - reference only - non playable) along side the new stock metro track.
&
to get back to v9 functionality, Bloody Penguin (or their designee) has to recreate all of the MOM tracks to be dependent on NSM instead of OSM tracks THEN the MOM track dependent assets have to be upgraded AND a MOM track migration mod has to be done (to support prior saved games) - probably a week or more.

question now is can we get a hot fix to reintroduce the original stock metro track (asset class) with the following attributes: non playable, reference only, hidden?

Hi ! I updated my mods tab for FR users : Les mods (PC)
We may help each other too. Translator is onto the site.

FR people and everyone involved can keep me up to date at anytime by email
for additions and updates

Enjoy the game, everyone! :)

Last edited:
Cyterion has released a new set of multi-tube metro stations to support the new, longer tube trains and different depths of the Sunset Harbor metro stations.

Metro Stations: More Platforms & Special Tracks [For Sunset Harbor update]

Network Extension 2 has been updated, now called Network Extensions 2 (Updated for Sunset Harbor).