• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Slayen

Lt. General
87 Badges
Dec 16, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
I've been making some small mods for my personal use for a few months now and have decided, what the hell, lets share.

Now, I had hoped to put these on the Workshop but have yet to be successful. So until then I hope these Dropbox links will suffice.

1) King Crowns for Celtic Emperors (Ironman friendly)

This one is the first real mod I made largely with the aid of this forum.

What it does is simple, it makes it so that emperors of the Celtic culture use the very lovely looking king crowns instead of that god awful red monstrosity they normally have.

2) Tribal Tanistry (2.5.x)
Tribal Tanistry (2.4.5)
Tribal Tanistry for Ancient Religions Reborn (2.4.5 compatible)

Another celtic themed mod. This one is equally simple. It unlocks Tanistry Succession for Celtic culture group Tribals.
Also, the 2.5.x compatible version removes the need for Late Feudal Administration for those with Conclave.
Note: It does not START any one off as Tanistry, it simply allows the option to switch to it.

Now also available in a version compatible with Ancient Religions Reborn up to Vulcan.

3) Flanders Fix (2.5.x)
Flanders Fix (2.4.5)

My most recent mod, inspired by the latest round of cries for Flanders to be moved to k_france.
So, I did just that.

This mod moves the Dutchy of Flanders to the Kingdom of France and (perhaps a bit ahistorically) moves the ownership of the County of Zeeland from the Duke of Flanders to the Duke of Holland in 1066.

In addition, I also made it so that the AI can not create the Kingdom of Aquitaine title unless they are occitan, frankish OR are an emperor.

Further, it moves the Duchy of Aragon to the Kingdom of Aragon for all 1066 or latter startdates.

4) No House of Delhi

More or less just to fix something that bugged me, I made a mod that moves the rulers in India that are of the Delhi dynasty, to the Mamluk Dynasty.

5) Saffarid Event Troops Restored

Does exactly what it says on the tin and restores the Saffarid event troops to their pre-2.4 levels.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Cool,I have a request if you can do graphics mods like that, could you make Ethiopian with Byzantine clothing?
I'll try, but don't hold your breath. One must keep in mind that making one culture not use a particular level of headgear is a far cry away from changing the entire clothing set of an entire culture.

And so far, it is not looking very good.

I'll try, but don't hold your breath. One must keep in mind that making one culture not use a particular level of headgear is a far cry away from changing the entire clothing set of an entire culture.

And so far, it is not looking very good.
No problem, just thought I'd ask, your mini mods are nice btw : )

No problem, just thought I'd ask, your mini mods are nice btw : )
First, thanks for the compliment. I really do appreciate it.

Second, it does look like, at least for the foreseeable future, this sort of gfx mod is beyond my meager abilities. Even using both Better Looking Garbs and the Portrait Realignment Project as references, I still can not quite grasp how the heck they even manage to work. I might be able to pull this off by trying to crudely hack off parts of those two mods to create some sort of Frankenstein-ian monstrosity, but for obvious reasons that just wouldn't feel right.

Anyway, sorry. I might try and revisit the idea in the future. But until then, It would probably be a good idea to look into the Portrait Realignment Project. Its module for African portraits does do some of what you want.

Basic procedure: make a new culture, if needed. Give it a new graphical_culture. Add the new graphical_culture to common/graphicalculturetypes/ with appropriate skin tone.

In interface/, add a new .gfx file. (Call it portraits_<new_culture>.gfx or something.) Find the faces you want to use (for vanilla faces, these will be in interface/portraits.gfx; for DLC face packs, you'll have to search the .zip files in DLC/ to find the right interface/*.gfx file.) Copy the portraitTypes for that culture into your .gfx file. Find the clothing you want to use. Copy the clothing and headgear lines into the appropriate places in your .gfx file. Do not distribute any DLC graphics files, as this is against Paradox terms of service.

Basic procedure: make a new culture, if needed. Give it a new graphical_culture. Add the new graphical_culture to common/graphicalculturetypes/ with appropriate skin tone.

In interface/, add a new .gfx file. (Call it portraits_<new_culture>.gfx or something.) Find the faces you want to use (for vanilla faces, these will be in interface/portraits.gfx; for DLC face packs, you'll have to search the .zip files in DLC/ to find the right interface/*.gfx file.) Copy the portraitTypes for that culture into your .gfx file. Find the clothing you want to use. Copy the clothing and headgear lines into the appropriate places in your .gfx file. Do not distribute any DLC graphics files, as this is against Paradox terms of service.
Believe it or not, I did all of that and nothing happened.
And checking similar mods, yeah, what you say should work. I'm really going to have to go back over and try again.

You'd most likely have to check in a new game, as the graphical_culture of characters is stored in the save.

You'd most likely have to check in a new game, as the graphical_culture of characters is stored in the save.
I did. Every time.

UPDATE:

New version of Flanders Fix: Now allows AI emperors of any culture to make Aquitaine and moves d_aragon to de jure k_aragon for 1066 and later dates.

Added two new mods: No House of Delhi and Saffarid Event Troops Restored.

UPDATE2:
Got the go ahead so I've added an Ancient Religions Reborn compatible version of Tribal Tanistry.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the Emperor Crown one. God, I hate that monstrosity even more than the general European's malteser box.

Small update to Flanders Fix. Frankish (aka Old Frankish) has been added as a culture able to create k_aquitaine.

Updates to both Flanders Fix and Tribal Tanistry to bring them up to patch 2.5.x.

Have also made sure to leave legacy versions compatible 2.4.5

These are all really cool, but I have a suggestion. You should probably allow Basque rulers to form Aquitane as well; after all, it is named after the Aquitani, a tribe of people most closely related to the Basque, and they do exist in fairly large numbers in the region.