• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Might be interesting to add something like this... but maybe tweak the release timelines.[
[mod edit: moderated post]

You have given me a lot of reading to do - this is a great list (and I'm not just saying that because of your kind words :D ).

I had missed some of these over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be interesting to add something like this... but maybe tweak the release timelines.[mod edit: moderated post]
Alright, lemme see...
  1. Slow release of Lostech. I thought I had that in my mod pack. I... see it got removed. Must have been incompatible with 1.3. I'll look into reintegrating that.
  2. I'll look at the Better Base Defense...
  3. All of JK's stuff should be in here. I have his 3025 pack in there right now and it looks like it is all there.
  4. Pilot Re-Trainer is in there. Assume that anything Gnivler has made is in my mod pack. ;)
  5. I'll look at Moar Ronin.
  6. I'll look at Flavor...
  7. I'll look at that Difficulty Scaling...
  8. I'll look at Flashpoint starts...
  9. I'd be surprised if I was open to the Expanded XP soft cap, but I will certainly check it out.
  10. I'll look at that CT patch thing...
  11. AIM is already in the mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pondering Deployments some more. I was thinking that my current implementation actually isn't bad. So, what I'm thinking is:

• When you arrive at a new system there is no timer to take a mission. Unless, of course, you took a travel mission.
  • After you take a mission you have 1-10 days (variable) to take the next mission of your choice.
  • Repeat until either all of the missions are cleared out, or you leave the system.
Basically, once you make your presence known the local authorities make you earn your keep before telling you to GTFO.

The Blackjack BJ-3X have experimental NAIS DHS. They are fixed, i can't remove then or change the position. Is that intended or a bug ?

Intentional.

The BJ-3X is a special first generation test bed. The double heatsinks in this 'Mech are integrated with the engine weight, but not the engine space. So, they are part of the 'free' 10 heatsinks you get with your base 'Mech. To represent the (3) DHS in this case, I added the NAIS DHS (X) which are fixed items, dissapate 3 extra heat each (as the other 3 heat are included in the base 'Mech engine cost) but have 0 tonnage (because the weight is part of the Engine.

The fixed nature also takes care of 2 other issues:
  1. Prevents people from farming BJ-3X's for the 'weightless' heatsinks
  2. Prevents owners from needing to find replacements :p But they are expensive to repair.
Let me know if you need more details ;)

Intentional.

The BJ-3X is a special first generation test bed. The double heatsinks in this 'Mech are integrated with the engine weight, but not the engine space. So, they are part of the 'free' 10 heatsinks you get with your base 'Mech. To represent the (3) DHS in this case, I added the NAIS DHS (X) which are fixed items, dissapate 3 extra heat each (as the other 3 heat are included in the base 'Mech engine cost) but have 0 tonnage (because the weight is part of the Engine.

The fixed nature also takes care of 2 other issues:
  1. Prevents people from farming BJ-3X's for the 'weightless' heatsinks
  2. Prevents owners from needing to find replacements :p But they are expensive to repair.
Let me know if you need more details ;)
That's awesome and sounds like the perfect implementation of such a thing.

The Add Year to Timeline mod was broken by 1.4 & has been updated, I PMed you a link.
It looks as if all MWs get the same experience an a mission again now?
:0/
Cool, I'll include that in the upcoming patch.

Also... I wouldn't think all the MWs would get the same XP now. I'll check into that.

Oh, geez. After all this time NOW they scrub my posts of the Nexus links? *grumble*

Beta Patch
v9-BETAv2-PATCH

- Fixed annoying audio bug with Timeline.
- Properly applies drop costs for lance in Career Mode.
- Fixed Career Mode and Story Mode so that it now has randomized mechs.
- Can choose starting mech in Career Mode.
- Added fix for 0 CT structure bug.
- Added Simplified Deployments.

INSTALLATION NOTES:
1) Copy over all folders in teh dZ_CCC folder to your Mods directory.
2) If playing Career mode, copy over all folders in the Career Mode Patch.
3) You do not have to re-install the Hard Mode version if you are using that.

Notes on Simplified Deployments:
  • When you first enter a system there is no time limit for taking a mission.
  • After you complete your first mission in a system you will have between 1-10 days before you are required to take a mission.
  • You can freely travel to new systems at any time.

Attachments

• dZ_Company_Commander_v9-BETAv2-PATCH.zip
    42,6 KB · Views: 11
Small point - if possible - Can the initial mechs also respect the date of appearance ?
I started with a Raven 2X and a Blackjack 3X - not that i don't like the mechs, LOL, but they are supposed to only appear several years later.
Thank God for the timeline audio fix :).

Arano Restoration proposing contracts before first contact / Benefactor mission ? They are supposed to not exist yet, i think.
Very small point - i think that too many heavy and assault parts are offered during first years. Can that be reduced ?

BTW, is very regarding playing this way again ! Continue the good work, pretty please.

Last edited:
And... a bug :(
While in transit, i get the 'need to take a mission / contract', and stay freeze.

Attachments

• 139e45ee-99c0-4a83-803d-d6f3ccd0d576.sav
    424,7 KB · Views: 4
  • output_log.txt
    717,7 KB · Views: 11
  • BTModLoader.log
    1,6 KB · Views: 20
  • harmony_summary.log
    14,7 KB · Views: 20
  • ModTek.log
    1,7 MB · Views: 40
And... a bug :(
While in transit, i get the 'need to take a mission / contract', and stay freeze.
I thought I had gotten that one. What triggered your travel? Was it manual star system travel, or traveling due to a mission or some other reason?

Small point - if possible - Can the initial mechs also respect the date of appearance ?
I started with a Raven 2X and a Blackjack 3X - not that i don't like the mechs, LOL, but they are supposed to only appear several years later.
Thank God for the timeline audio fix :).

Arano Restoration proposing contracts before first contact / Benefactor mission ? They are supposed to not exist yet, i think.
Very small point - i think that too many heavy and assault parts are offered during first years. Can that be reduced ?

BTW, is very regarding playing this way again ! Continue the good work, pretty please.
I agree with the suggestions regarding random mechs adhering to the timeline. That should be possible since JK is able to do a similar thing for releasing them. One issue, however, is that I see it prompts you for an era start after the game is loaded. At that point it is too late to change the mechs. So, whatever tech era I choose would impact mech selection for all eras.

I'm not sure if Arano Missions can be removed early on. I think that's vanilla functionality?

If you are fighting heavy and assaults then they will give you salvage. Unless you mean in shops? If so, that is a new issue with the shop redesign I am not aware of. I imagine those parts are crazy expensive, though.

In shops - the shops are 'a bit' too rich for the start i think. Yes, they are too expensive, but also too many for the Periphery. Lots of Stalker and Victor parts, for example.
Campaign - a brand new one started with this mod.