• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm..as you do one for all i will refrain from posting my earlier comments/ideas, as they wouldnt fit into your current approach.

Looks like a good compromise, but maybe more curly hair, greek noses and not as much staring eyes of the men ? Especially the staring eyes.
Just my 2 humble cents.
Good work.

Hmm..as you do one for all i will refrain from posting my earlier comments/ideas, as they wouldnt fit into your current approach.

Looks like a good compromise, but maybe more curly hair, greek noses and not as much staring eyes ? Especially the staring eyes.
Just my 2 humble cents.
I based it on the Improved Version by GeorgAfLuckba. I can try with regular Mediterranean Noses, the eyes are from the Mediterranean Pack. The hair can be changed by a mod like CPR, this is mostly about the GFX files.

I'm still going for multiple versions, but as there is only one version for now, it will replace all Mediterraneans. If you want to have it only apply to a few cultures with regular Mediterranean GFX for the rest, it can be fairly easily changed in an interface file. Although then these files will need to be renamed so as not to replace the old ones. I'll re-release it later to put it into mod folders and such, I suppose I could rename them.

Top notch work, Velorian. This mod includes the Mediterranean Faces Beautified mod, right? They seem more beautiful, but I don't recall how the originall mediterranean faces looked :D

Looks like a good compromise, but maybe more curly hair, greek noses and not as much staring eyes of the men ? Especially the staring eyes.
Just my 2 humble cents.
Good work.

Uh, what do you mean with "staring eyes"?

Top notch work, Velorian. This mod includes the Mediterranean Faces Beautified mod, right? They seem more beautiful, but I don't recall how the originall mediterranean faces looked :D
Yes, it's built with that mod as a base. I'd kinda forgotten how the original Mediterranean Pack looked myself, the men had some pretty huge heads...
A lot of the stuff is really modified vanilla western pieces that GeorgAfLuckba had used to make it look tolerable, now re-modified. I didn't really explore the option of mixing in elements from the other Portrait Sets but it might look good. I'll try out the noses at least, later.

Uh, what do you mean with "staring eyes"?

3p3TQAB.jpg
JAS7cpd.jpg
EnPOoh3.jpg
RVLWP1C.jpg

I have seen them as well before in the med mod by GeorgeofLuckba, but i still don't like these needleheads staring at me.
I also wonder if these eyes just changed with a patch or if they have been the same all the time, as i just recognised the staring eyes about a week ago.
I feel watched. Scary shit.

No biggie, just my seemingly very personal grumpiness. :mellow::laugh:

The eyes are based on the Muslim eyes. I think (don't quote me on it though) GeorgAfLuckba found it easier to put the Muslim eyes (as well as other Muslim features) on the Mediterranean faces than the Western eyes.

At this point, though, having used GeorgAfLuckba's work for so long, I don't even know what the original Med portraits look like, it's how good they are. Hopefully Velorian's work will make me forget the original colors of the Med portraits as well. :D

Hopefully the greyness will be fixed eventually, but even then it's pretty swell.

If to take away the greyishness, then they might start to look just like the western culture. They definitely should have a slightly darker appearance/skin than french or germans (imho).

They do though look improved to GeorgeAfLuckba Mod and much, much better than the DLC.
Looking forward to release.
Thanks

One thing I noticed is that the three colours for the eyes of females are almost identical. They provide enough variety for males, but for women they look like three slightly different kinds of black.

Also, yeah, I must admit that those sets of eyes look kinda weird on males. I definetely see the "staring" thing myself now. They are kind of creepy. In my opinion it would be better to use the normal set of eyes.

I tried with the mediterranean noses but I don't think it's a good idea, if they were to be used they should be cut into the file so they'd get a bit of both worlds, because if they all looked like this it'd be weird:
4bZXSpd.jpg
2AYVqmv.jpg
Fdc4070.jpg

On another note I'm trying out editing the Vanilla Western necks because they have less shadows on them, and it's mostly solved the grey blemishes on the skin (which are really just deep shadows lightened along with the skin), I just noticed some clothes misaligning:
OufXGfL.jpg

Was that something I did, or has that always been an occasional problem?

The noses' shape is good. The problem is with the colour. It looks like they just stuck their noses in someone else's butthole.

I wouldn't say they are too big.

I think it's not so much that the noses are big or not, but that they just stick out a bit right now. As for clothes misaligning, that is an unfortunate effect of mixing and matching different stuff from different portrait sets - a unmber of the portrait sets I have in CPR for instance do show some clipping issues and the like, but in my case I can sort of excuse it. In your case though you might want to edit the shoulders a bit to be a bit lower, maybe, if possible?

There's a few things that's been bugging me that I hadn't been able to solve, so I tried reinstalling CPR with the unmodified Improved Mediterranean pack to remember what they looked like:
8Vvt1hy.jpg
EaEqTsi.jpg
6e8Ev10.jpg

Those shadows that are bugging me were already part of the improved pack, so it's pretty difficult to get that out. I've since tried to emulate the method GeorgAfLuckba used, and I was successful, so I can now edit skin colors from vanilla pieces and preserve the quality from them. I'm not sure what causes the occasional misalignment on the clothes but it seems to also be a problem with the old version.

This is the current version:
rNyuKO2.jpg
aAtGDE8.jpg
uz8B3n1.jpg
CmuZeYl.jpg

Neck and chins are changed, the rest remains based on GeorgAfLuckba's stuff. I think it pretty much completely removes the shadow/greyish problem; now the problem is getting the correct skin color.

I really didn't like them being lighter than the females so I've been trying to find a realistic tan color for them. Presumably most male nobles during this time and age did spend a decent amount of time in the outdoors so would be unable to avoid a bit of a tan, whereas a female might be expected to avoid the sun. Unless that's just false info from bad history books.

With the above screens I've tried just desaturating the pictures slightly, as the males' coloring were never THAT bad. I might do it a bit more than this, but what's your opinion on that color? Perhaps too yellow, but pale enough?

I wouldn't say they are too big.
Then I'll try matching their color to the rest so keeping them can be an option.

I find that pretty good, it definitely is a bit paler than what GeorgAfLuckba had. I figure though that a good number of people would prefer for them to be even paler.