• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(31044)

First Lieutenant
Jun 24, 2004
Ok alot of people are complaining about borders of spain turkey britain etc...but people come on ,back then they didnt know the slim and accurate borders both natural and political we know nowadays.
So please Paradox keep the bloody map as it was thought the world looked like back in the timespan of this game.not some GPS worldmap with every sandcastle built by a 6year old boy on the beach in details.

Anyone agree or not please post huh.

I don't think EU3 is going to be set on Google Earth, yet I think the ammount of detail in comparison to EU2 should be improved. Old maps- especially naval ones -were pretty detailed. Japan in EU2 is not as detailed as the maps were, f.e.

almoravid said:
I don't think EU3 is going to be set on Google Earth, yet I think the ammount of detail in comparison to EU2 should be improved. Old maps- especially naval ones -were pretty detailed. Japan in EU2 is not as detailed as the maps were, f.e.

The problem is people are complaining about the inaccuracies of the game maps....but that was normal for the time....people didnt know how large africa was or asia minor or how big certain islands where...i hope they keep it that way.

EL n00biachi said:
The problem is people are complaining about the inaccuracies of the game maps....but that was normal for the time....people didnt know how large africa was or asia minor or how big certain islands where...i hope they keep it that way.

And placing spain in africa, gibraltar on the brittish isles and scandinavia west of france...? For so did the ottoman court think the world looked like in 1800.
Oh, and naturally, no warships can travel in the baltic sea.

:rofl:

EL n00biachi said:

Not really. Some areas were very aberrated - Caspian sea f.e. was awfully misaligned. I hope they make it resemble actual geography in old-map style.

i just dont get that special historic feel with completely ahistoric province borders.

If you really want historical accuracy, you can have a "Better Maps" event in the 18th century and watch, like Louis XIV, as your cartographers take away more territory than your generals have won ;)

joak said:
If you really want historical accuracy, you can have a "Better Maps" event in the 18th century and watch, like Louis XIV, as your cartographers take away more territory than your generals have won ;)
They have such an event in AGCEEP, and I was sad when I got it. Poor Louis XIV. :(

I like the map as it is in EUII, maybe a bit more accurated, but I don't hink it's the most important thing for EUIII.

EL n00biachi said:
Ok alot of people are complaining about borders of spain turkey britain etc...but people come on ,back then they didnt know the slim and accurate borders both natural and political we know nowadays.
So please Paradox keep the bloody map as it was thought the world looked like back in the timespan of this game.not some GPS worldmap with every sandcastle built by a 6year old boy on the beach in details.

Anyone agree or not please post huh.
The problem is: We play rulers of kingdoms, and we should know where our borders are....its confusing to see what border lines there could be....AND that's not really accurate to History :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.