• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SirCliveWolfe said:
Indeed nice start... am I the only one who likes the hat?? ;)

Just a quick question... does the title have anything to do with the Blur album of the same name?

Anyway keep up the good work..

Check the chapter titles ;)

Evans said:
Check the chapter titles ;)

D'oh... i realy should have noticed that... :D

*Bangs tankard on bar and demands an update*

:D

my game has arrived so finally i can post here :)

nice progress m8

well im off again time to start a turkey :confused: game

Chapter 4 - Disappointment​

A waste of money

Von Evanstein was frustrated. He had hoped to put Germany in a position dominating Europe, but his plans were simple unfulfillable. Why I hear you ask, are his plans unfulfillable? I can certainly tell you it is due in no way to a lack of ability. In fact that was the problem entirely. That, and the fact he kept losing consciousness.

The simple matter about diplomacy he felt, was that it was ruled by idiots. Idiots who refused to bargain or barter. Maybe with a real intelligence in the foreign office of other nations he'd get along better, but at current he was frustrated at every turn. No nation would trust or ally with Germany. And when it did come to conflict it was haphazard and all over the place. No, the world of diplomacy was no place for the likes of von Evanstein. If only he had been younger, and able to play a part in the conflicts later in the century, alongside the likes of Manstein and Guderian. Or perhaps a little older, in the politikings of nations through the Victorian age. Or even older still, in the time Frederick the Great, Napoleon, or even Marco Polo. But alas, he was stuck in an unfortunate generation. One with no challenge.

The thing about Diplomacy is that it is ultimately lacking in AI, who act somewhat randomly and often refuse to deal with you, turning down any offer. hell, they can't even think more than 1 turn ahead. How are you supposed to play Diplomacy like that? It might be worthy as an online applet for playing human opponents, but you can do that for free PBEM without forking out some £30. I'm very disappointed in this game, and as such have lost the drive to continue this AAR, I left it lingering in the hopes that I'd be able to get round to playing it out, but I frankly have no desire to load the game up ever again. Especially as the 'enhancements' seem to make it crash. Avoid this one, stick with HoI2 and Viccy. Those, although also flawed, are far superior games and together with mods have provided me with many many hours of entertainment. This game simply hasn't.

Evans: Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.

Your AAR looked pretty interesting! I hope we see you on the other AAR boards soon! (If not already. :))

CatKnight said:

Your AAR looked pretty interesting! I hope we see you on the other AAR boards soon! (If not already. :))

I do have plans :D

Evans said:
I do have plans :D

Good... Good.... not a nice ending, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Sir Clive

CatKnight said:

For anyone who checks, my new AAR is underway, check the sig :)