• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 4, 2011

This is Modern EU2 based on Modern Day Scenario 6.1beta. I couldn`t contact the developers of the MDS Scenario, so I continued the mod on my own.

Scenario starts 1991 untill 2200. I added all actual flags and shields. Read changelog!
One bug is known: there is a crash to desktop when pointing on shields in trade mode.

Download
Modern_Europa_Universalis_2_v1.31.exe [229MB]
Download English Patch
meu2_english_patch_v1.0.exe [0.7KB]

the file contains whole eu2 files, no installation or copy of eu2 folder necessary!

Changelog:
- based on Europa Universalis 2 v1.06b 12Mar
- based on Modern Day Scenario v6.1 beta
- applied unlimited time patch
- added all actual shields and flags
- changed language to german
- changed interface gfx (from HoI II)
- added new events (new events in german)
- all nations splitting from USSR are no longer vassals
- added random events in Scenario file
- several changes of "Modern Day Scenario.eug"
- some changes in "DB" folder
- added new music (from eu3, cod, 7k,c:btw)
- removed intro
- new sfx from HoI II
- new sprites (soldiers & navy) from HoI II
- changed eu2.exe icon
- "F1" now works

Last edited:
Hello and congratulations... BUT...
Few suggestions for accuracy.
Rumania should be ROMÂNIA.
After the fall of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1918, the province of Banat was splitted between România, Serbia and Hungary according a majority of population criteria, as follows: 55% to România, 44% to Serbia and 1% to Hungary. You don't need to belive me as I say, so take a look on ANY map you can find on internet. Just one example from Wikipedia, where you can see the province of Banat WITH the today's borders between România, Serbia and Hungary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Banat_map.svg . So, Banat should NEVER be accorded to Serbia and if you can not split that province between România and Serbia then it should be accorded to România since 55% of that province is between romanian's borders. The same about the population - romanian.
Maybe you should use another map (MyMap - Agung Pasha or WATK) to have on it the occupied romanian province of Bessarabia - today the so called "independant" Republic of Moldavia ( the first time Russia cutted Moldavia in half in 1812, the western part inside Romania, the eastern part - under russian occupation ).
Thank you for your work!

Great mod, the only downside I have is when coming with the mouse cursor over a country flag in a trade overview. (where you can send merchants) the game instantly crashes at this point, always.
But still, playing different mods in EUII from time to time is always fun.