• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(15113)

Abdicated MDS God
Feb 26, 2003
OK, guys. Here is the new official hub of the MDS for HoI2 until we get our own subforum. As you know, we have a bit more tags and tools to work with this time, so much work will have to be done even though we can use the info we gathered to MDS for HoI.
We are planning to edit the storyline a bit, but not much so that we can use some of the events from the old MDS.
Besides that me and Packman are discussing the route from now on.
If you want to contribute right away, use Feyd's country list (look below in the forum) to start researching for ministers, flags, leaders etc

Stay tuned for more guys!

Originally in HOI 2, Magger2k, said that a global war maybe started in Taiwan conflict. But I think there can be more conflicts, like Israel, Islamic countries invaded by US...

There will be great, events like... Terrorist Attack in New York... Do you want declare war to Afganistan?

And minor conflicts like, Chechenia, Pakistan/India, Cuba

Or problematic situations, like Canary Islands territorial waters, morocco and western sahara. (petrol have be found near canary islands... more problems :wacko: ( that is real ))

We must analize the global politic. It will be hard.

PD:Maybe add walles??

We plan on keeping the original main plot (US and China go to war over Taiwan, Europe fights Russia)
But now that we have progress some years after the plot for MDS 1, we believe some minor changes will have to be done. The details are still discussed. But the South American war we designed lately will most likely be included. A new Arab war between the Arab League and Israel and the CotW will perhaps be feasible (now that we can have more alliances)
Anyway. Now that we are still in progress, if you have any well-thought-out ideas, present them.

I thing we must analaize the actual situation. US wont never attack CHINA or Saudi Arabia. Saudies have a very important percent of foreign inversion in US like China, if one of this country is declared tha war by US, US economy will breakdown. Maybe korea will be a new scenario of the conflict...

UE against Russia?? Not probably. But we can do so many scenarios. One of them of a global war. I think if US declare war against China or Saudi Arabia will appear and event reducting US IC.
What do you think ?

We are going for as much realism as we can. Clichés or not. US attacking an Arab country is also a cliché :)
A war between US and China is realistic. No matter how dependent they are on each other, national interests always come first.
Last time we planned on a second great depression because of the war against China, weakening the western powers. We never coded this, but I think it would legitimize a war between major economic powers.
The war between EU and Russia is not realistic as it is today. But we planned to make Russia unstable.

Also, much talk about the BRIC-countries (Brazil-Russia-India-China) and the possibilities of a strategic alliance could make this game more interesting. The western are extremely powerful in our mod, compared to their enemies. So we either need a great depression to weaken them, a stronger alliance countering them and/or internal problems (westerners don't like wars fought on their own territory)

we can create differents campaings.

1º A neutral campaing
2º China - US war
3º Mega global war
4º Israel war
5º Arab war

something like this, and we can predict distints futures.

Feyd said:
we can create differents campaings.

1º A neutral campaing
2º China - US war
3º Mega global war
4º Israel war
5º Arab war

something like this, and we can predict distints futures.

I believe the for Hoi1 was great (altough i couldn't save).
Think you should use it, and add some new things to make it interesting to play most countries.

Dhatori said:
Ho about if Israel attacks the arabs this time round? The arabs attack israel is such a huuuuge cliche....

But it's your mod... Just a suggestion.

If I can recall my Grade 12 History course, Isreal had 4 major wars: Liberation War, Suez War, Seven Days War and October War and atleast one started ( The Seven Days War, I think) with a pre-emptive attack by Isreal, and they were joining PM Eden in the war for Suez because Col. (Probablly offical title of President?) Gamel-Nasser nationalised the Suez Canel. So technically they were the agressors in two wars already.

Then again, I'm far from an expert in the history of the middle east.

Oh, And I don't believe the US has ever attacked an Arab country because the nationality of Iraq is Persian (Before you tell me that the Nationality of Iraq is Iraqi, Please note the difference between a country and nation). But, again, I'm not an expert on wars the US has declared either.

So niether of those are really cliches historically speaking. Maybe so in the literary sense.