• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

novapaddy

War-Father
103 Badges
Aug 26, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club

THIS MOD USES CocoBZ's 2012 Map Mod

This mod is the old HOI2 mod taken directly into Darkest Hour.
Currently it is fully playable. It does still require significant work to bring it to its full capability.

#############################################################
LINK to the original HOI2 mod from 2007, which uses the old hoi2 map:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Day-Scenario-II-v1.5-Available-for-download&

LINK to the old Official MDS2DH thread:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?619086-Official-MDS2DH-Thread&

THE LINKS TO THE CURRENT VERSION OF THIS MOD ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE:

######################################################################

Download the current version here:

THIS VERSION ONLY WORKS WITH DH 1.02.. NOT WITH DH 1.03

THERE IS A Darkest Hour 1.03 version available in a separate thread.

The mod is in 2 parts on mediafire. YOU NEED BOTH PARTS AGAIN
In the Mods folder inside your Darkest Hour folder, please create a new MDS2 folder.
EXTRACT THE CONTENTS of BOTH files into this newly created MDS2 folder.
Select MDS2 on the Launcher (bottom right corner) and Play.

...............OR...........................
You download the mod.
Extract that file(s) into a folder on your desktop.
Create a new MDS2 folder inside the Mods folder of Darkest Hour.
Copy and Paste the contents of the newly downloaded folder (on your desktop) into the newly created folder in the DH Mods folder.
Use the Launcher to choose what to play. Play.

Links: ONLY WORKS WITH DH1.02

part 1:
http://db.tt/8GgGq1Ey

part 2:
http://db.tt/qH2cPxlO

Last edited:
OK Guys, it was hoped that the old thread with 60,000+ view would be posted here. Unfortunately, it cannot be done, as the thread is far too big. So, we will have to start again. Pity!

Again just for newcomers:

The thread needed to be restarted, as we required access to the first page of the mod, and with Wilksjohnson not being as regular a viewer as he has been in the past, it was deemed necessary to do this. The urgency was brought about by the mod of the month competition, which requires a "presentable" first page. We also need access to the first page to post the latest versions of the mod.

ALSO, as stated in the old thread:

With time getting short to the end of the month and the dire need for someone to take over the running of this thread, if only so we can take control of the first page; and the dearth of any volunteers; and with Wilksjohnson being unavailable(?);

Most of you guys have already stated that you do not have the time as studies in university must come first. Fully understandable.
Unfortunately, being much older than what I perceive most of you to be, and having lots of spare time, it seems it will fall to me to take over this task?

But if anyone else feels he/she can do the job, I will gladly hand it to you. Cheers

Last edited:
@Arcangelus: My "bible" is the world_names file in the config folder. Everything revolves the ID's in this file.

I have used WinMerge to check your revolt.txt file and the current revolt.txt file in the mod, and there are significant differences.

The world_names file in the mod current version (on my pc) and 0.6 are identical... ....??

EDIT: I will cross check the ID's with the inc files tomorrow. No need for you to do the work as well.. unless you have already started???

Last edited:
Unit change log (Will be updated daily)
Date Modified- Sept. 28 2012
Next Version- Sept. 29-30 2012
Current Focus- To be decided upon release of 0.7.1
Notes: The reason this is taking so long is because I want to ensure the units in MDS2DH are perfect and provide the player with the best and most realistic experience possible, without me having to come back and modify them constantly. Also this current change log may not be final for the release it may and most likely will have more done then what is currently listed.

Change Log:
Mechanized Infantry Div Fixed
Mechanized Brigade Balanced With Div
Motorized Infantry Div Fixed
Motorized Brigade Balanced With Div
Light Armor mostly fixed (Dummies Remain)
Heavy Armor mostly fixed (Dummies Remain)
Fuel consumption levels for ALL units will be realistically modified to proper consumption levels.

Last edited:
You are doing a great job there vincesportsman2! No rush. Please give me what you have when you have it... I'm sure we can wait for the total package, if you prefer? Then all the units will be balanced out ...?

Totally up to you. Cheers

I don't care either way, but also on a side note, I don't think the naval units will be very hard, all I gotta do really for them is modify their fuel levels. Except for nuclear ships, they can remain at 0.1 a day to compensate for the oil the may use to small things. Aircraft Carriers won't consume hardly any, but their CAG's will make up for that. The aircraft otherwise may take more time so I would recommend to go on with releasing on the 28th, because during my testing I have found extreme problems with their range so to properly diagnose that will be an issue. For example a bomber with 3000 range only seems to do missions 2 provinces within the range of its base, that needs solving badly.

I don't care either way, but also on a side note, I don't think the naval units will be very hard, all I gotta do really for them is modify their fuel levels. Except for nuclear ships, they can remain at 0.1 a day to compensate for the oil the may use to small things. Aircraft Carriers won't consume hardly any, but their CAG's will make up for that. The aircraft otherwise may take more time so I would recommend to go on with releasing on the 28th, because during my testing I have found extreme problems with their range so to properly diagnose that will be an issue. For example a bomber with 3000 range only seems to do missions 2 provinces within the range of its base, that needs solving badly.

Yeah, rings a bell! Someone posted that as a bug in the old thread the other day.. Their aircraft was only able to travel 2 provinces from their base... Wonder?

You can get some really weird stuff going on...

... which reminds me to start a bug fix thread, but I thought Arcangelus was going to do that?

@Arcangelus: My "bible" is the world_names file in the config folder. Everything revolves the ID's in this file.
I have used WinMerge to check your revolt.txt file and the current revolt.txt file in the mod, and there are significant differences.
The world_names file in the mod current version (on my pc) and 0.6 are identical... ....??
EDIT: I will cross check the ID's with the inc files tomorrow. No need for you to do the work as well.. unless you have already started???

@Arcangelus: I have checked the 0.6 : your (downloaded today) version, revolt.txt file and they are identical.

Why the current version that is in the mod now is different, I've no idea... I've not touched MDS2 for over a week... As I wasn't expecting to be doing this anymore... I'd expected you guys to take it up.. How silly of me?

But I will now compare your version with this current version and find out why they are different... happy days eh?

Did anyone change the distance table file? Also make sure that it's really is 3000 and not 300. You should also make sure that the provinces the bug reporter was talking about wasn't more than 3000 miles away.

@Arcangelus: OK, I've checked the revolt.txt file, and your one is the correct one... just one error as far as I can see... and that is... Jamaica is in it twice...

AND... from jimian last week (great work).. CHI = Taiwan
.. so I also removed CHI = nationalist china from ww2.

Cheers I'm using your file (mostly)

Last edited:
Mind if I make some suggestions . . .

• First, I could help with ministers (especially for the Philippines and Libya (both pro/anti-Gaddafi))
  • Second, can we switch back the decisions (and convert some events (like the remilitarization of Japan) into decisions)
  • Third, I think we should switch to the E3Map for DH (when it's done)

Don't mean to interject myself since I'm not contributing at all to this mod, but I would just like to say that I don't really like the E3Map for the game at all, but I'm in an apparent minority on this. Just thought I'd state my opinion is all.

As far as i know DH 1.3 is getting a new map. Which means we will already have to re port the mod onto DH 1.3. So I personally think the E3 map is a no go. Aside from that the E3 map is waaaaay to big for modern combat. Modern warfare consists of small but expensive armys. You would need a HUGE army in order to effectively play realistically on E3.

The only way you fix them (and the only way they are a problem in the first place) is through the starting OOBs. They have the wrong model number (model = x). I fixed the US's back in the last thread (not sure if it's been integrated or not), though there are several other countries that need it as well (Russia is the big one).

Yeah, rings a bell! Someone posted that as a bug in the old thread the other day.. Their aircraft was only able to travel 2 provinces from their base... Wonder?

You can get some really weird stuff going on...

... which reminds me to start a bug fix thread, but I thought Arcangelus was going to do that?
Yea, sorry. Busy day. Thread started 2 minutes ago.
@Arcangelus: I have checked the 0.6 : your (downloaded today) version, revolt.txt file and they are identical.

Why the current version that is in the mod now is different, I've no idea... I've not touched MDS2 for over a week... As I wasn't expecting to be doing this anymore... I'd expected you guys to take it up.. How silly of me?

But I will now compare your version with this current version and find out why they are different... happy days eh?
Those a re different cause you started you modding with an old version. The 0.6 had some things fixed, like the revolt file for example (and the USA issue in the form of giving only 1 unit to Iraq... a little insulting of you ask me)

BTW, I didn't touch revolt.txt; I just copy-pasted the one from 0.6. That file belongs to however wrote it.

Just a comment: I think that the low supplies requirement were implanted to allow African countries (low IC countries, like Israel) to support an army and reduce the necessity of IC rush. Are you sure that your changes will not exterminate those armies?
About the range issue... Check the attachments. They also have a limit range (that I recommend to increase... mainly to avoid this problems)

EDIT: 200th post. Yay me!:happy: