• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
El Salvador, Guatemala & Belize OOB's

El Salvador
Code:
          landunit = {
     	   id = { type = 23000 id = 27001 } 
     	   location = 253 #San Salvador
     	   name = "1 Ejército"
       		division = {
       	 	 id = { type = 23001 id = 27002 } 
       		 name = "1a División de Infantería"
       		 type =  infantry
       		 strength  = 100
      		 organisation = 10 
      		 extra = artillery}
      		}

Guatemala
Code:
          landunit = {
     	   id = { type = 23000 id = 35501 } 
     	   location = 252 #Guatemala City
     	   name = "1 Ejército"
       		division = {
       	 	 id = { type = 23001 id = 35502 } 
       		 type =  infantry
       		 strength  = 100
      		 organisation = 10 }
       		division = {
       	 	 id = { type = 23001 id = 35503 } 
       		 name = "2a División de Infantería"
       		 type =  infantry
       		 strength  = 100
      		 organisation = 10 }
       		division = {
       	 	 id = { type = 23001 id = 35504 } 
       		 name = "3a División de Infantería"
       		 type =  infantry
       		 strength  = 100
      		 organisation = 10  } 
      		}

Belize
Code:
          landunit = {
     	   id = { type = 23000 id = 27001 } 
     	   location = 233 #Belize
     	   name = "1 Ejército"
       		division = {
       	 	 id = { type = 23001 id = 27002 } 
       		 type =  infantry
       		 strength  = 100
      		 organisation = 10 }
      		}

Albanian OOB

Here's what I have with Albanian names:

Code:
          landunit = {
     	   id = { type = 23000 id = 500 } 
     	   location = 754 #Tirana
     	   name = "E Parra Ushtri"
       		division = {
       	 	 id = { type = 23001 id = 501 } 
       		 name = "E Parra Ushtri Kamsore"
       		 type =  infantry
       		 strength  = 100
      		 organisation = 10  
      		 extra = artillery }
     		}
          landunit = {
     	   id = { type = 23000 id = 502 } 
     	   location = 820 #Vlore
     	   name = "E Duten Ushtri"
       		division = {
       	 	 id = { type = 23001 id = 503 } 
       		 name = "E Duten Ushtri Kamsore"
       		 type =  infantry
       		 strength  = 100
      		 organisation = 10 }
     		}
   	navalunit = {
   		id = { type = 10178 id = 550}
   		name = "E Parre Ushtria Detare"
   		location = 754 #Tirana
 		division = { id = { type = 10178 id = 551 } name = "Flota Par" type = transport}
 		division = { id = { type = 10178 id = 552 } name = "E Duten Flota" type = transport}
 		division = { id = { type = 10178 id = 553 } name = "Mangalia" type = destroyer model = 0 strength = 80 }
 		division = { id = { type = 10178 id = 554 } name = "Nendetcija" type = submarine model = 0 strength = 30 }
	}
	airunit = {
		id = { type = 10178 id = 600 }
		name =  "Forcat Airore"
		location = 754 #Tirana
		 division = {
			id = { type = 10178 id = 601  }
			name = "Aeroplanet Sylmuos"
			type = fighter
			strength = 100
			model = 0 } 
		}

Well, seeing as WW3 hasn't happened yet (obviously), you don't really want countries that aren't looking to expand their military doing so, as its not really realistic. Ok, players would certainly aim to expand their military, because they sorta know whats going to happen, but still the world shouldn't be aimed at this if this war is gonna start diplomatically rather than fear over a nations armed forces. Certainly in the real world, units are formed either after a war, or immediately before by the 'attacking' country(Shown by Germany in WW2 with the unformed divisions split around the country just before war began)

If somehow the feeling of the country's population (i guess the only way to do this is through dissent or events) could determine how big your army size is (ie conscription, increase in spending) then it would probably stop people from building whatever they want. This is a time when the general populace is always aiming to avoid war, not letting the armed forces increase in size. Maybe if some kind of puplic feeling was put in place to stop you from building mass divisions, unless of course you live in a strongly Communist of Militaristic society, who really wouldn't have much say in the matter. Though i take it that would take some kind of coding the game doesn't really allow!

Beh, dunno if that made sense or not, too late over here I guess. Just a thought, though I do like where you guys are going with this, it looks really good :)

(edit)oh, and 5 divisions could make a division, though the UK really does have rough ideas over what constitutes a division. Its more a collection of brigades/regiments and special battallions than anything else really. I think were possibly the most annoying army in that sense! :)

Originally posted by Shadow Reaper
As the UK is removing 10 regiments from the Royal Army, you guys gonna drop some units from the start, or have the option as an event later in the game???

I've heard all kinds of stuff on this including the possibility of keeping the 10 battalions but cutting 1 company from all infantry battalions to cut costs. None really makes much since considering how limited the UK army is now compared to how active they are as of late. We should probably not change anything until we know more.

On a related OOB note I heard the 2 new UK carriers are to be named Queen Elizabeth (2012) and Prince of Wales (2015).

Originally posted by Lunar
Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan.

Kazakhstan being the only important one. The rest I can just give a division or two.

I've posted this link at least once before, but no-one seems to have looked through the site. :p

Kazakhstan (1999)

1 Armored Division
2 Mechanized Divisions
1 Mechanized Brigade
1 Airborne Brigade
2 Artillery Brigades
organized in
2 Army Corps

Kyrgyzstan (1999)

1 Mechanized Division
1 Mechanized Brigade (trained and equiped for mountain warfare)

Tajikistan (1999)

2 Mechanized Brigades
1 Mountain Brigade
1 Special Forces Brigade

Turkmenistan (1999)

4 Mechanized Divisions
1 Artillery Brigade
1 Rocket Artillery Brigade
1 Engineer Brigade

Uzbekistan (1999)

2 Armored Brigades
4 Mechanized Regiments
1 Light Mountain Brigade
1 Motorized Brigade
2 Air Assault Brigades
1 Airborne Brigade
1 Spetsnaz Brigade
4 Artillery Brigades
1 Rocket Artillery Brigade
organized in
3 Army Corps

/Johan

Just out of curiosity, could you post the Swedish OOB? I'm interrested in how you have solved the problem with the training vs. mobilization organisation, and with all the latest cuts and the close down of several regiments.

/Johan

Originally posted by Johan Elisson
Just out of curiosity, could you post the Swedish OOB? I'm interrested in how you have solved the problem with the training vs. mobilization organisation, and with all the latest cuts and the close down of several regiments.

/Johan

I haven't coded it yet. For the mobilization, we'll eventually have an event that adds some divisions when Sweden goes to war.

Anyway, looks like maybe 2 tank divisions and 1-2 infantry divisions. (19k infantry, 500 tanks.)

For the rest, it loks like 4 planes, 2 submarines and 1 destroyer. On top of that, probably 5-6 transports.

Last edited: