• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(171993)

Sergeant
13 Badges
Oct 8, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Pillars of Eternity
How is it going with Mod-Tools or the ability to mod the game.
I really love the features in the other Paradox-Games, but if L:KC wont have it, i wont buy it!

Some Informations how much can be modded would be really awesome
(sry for bad english)

Well it's not a Paradox game per se, just something that's published by them. I expect it to be near-unmoddable (as this kind of medium budget mainstream games tend to be), but would be happy about any positive surprise!

How is it going with Mod-Tools or the ability to mod the game.
I really love the features in the other Paradox-Games, but if L:KC wont have it, i wont buy it!

Some Informations how much can be modded would be really awesome
(sry for bad english)

Well some other non paradox developed titles support modding, such as mount and blade, so here is a second voice asking politely for the same information. Any clarification on this point would be welcome from those of us who like to tweak the experience :).

well some other non paradox developed titles support modding, such as mount and blade, so here is a second voice asking politely for the same information. Any clarification on this point would be welcome from those of us who like to tweak the experience :).

+1

+2 In one of videos with the team, they said modding will be impossible. Hope they've changed it.

Wouldn't count on it. Things like that are set early on in a development cycle, because it's really difficult to change it once you start without just releasing the source code, since it would require major rewrite of a lot of code.

Also it may help to note based on their previous track record.

Good example, I've had King Arthur (the dev's last game) since it came in early November, and there hasn't been one single mod outside of paid DLC and a minor expansion for that. So probably expect the same here too, as it doesn't like it's going to be modable.

King Arthur was made to be hard to mod. And when it started becoming known how to mod the game, Neocore patched it to make it harder to mod.
Myself and others requested the ability to mod, but Neocore did not agree to it.

It seems they are very much opposed to modding. So don't have any expectations to mod this game at all.

Actually someone finally cracked the game and I'm beginning to mod King Arthur slightly, but I doubt I will ever release it seeing as my Vicky 2 mod is taking priority, and before that school.

Actually someone finally cracked the game and I'm beginning to mod King Arthur slightly, but I doubt I will ever release it seeing as my Vicky 2 mod is taking priority, and before that school.

That is good news, gonna check King Arthur forums to see what they have done, thanks.