Modding Tool: Retalyx Stellaris Static Galaxy Generator V0.9

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Retalyx

Private
19 Badges
May 16, 2016
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I am working on a modding tool that can create static galaxy files from PNG file or create a new Randomly generated one with perlin noise support :)

Features:
Generate random galaxy with Perlin Noise support
Generate galaxy based on .png image files, 1 black pixel = 1 system
You can manually place spawn or randomly generate them
You can add/remove systems and nebulas
You can edit hyperlanes
You can edit systems

More features coming soon

After generation you have to place the content of "GeneratedMods/<YourMod>" folder inside stellaris mod folder

jgARcBd.png

EFimyV0.png

Ub8hvDH.png

How to use Guide (Thanks to NecroKaiser) : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699098812
Official reddit thread : https://redd.it/4keaem
Img.ur Album : http://imgur.com/a/IZpAP

Changelogs:

0.9:
-Updated for Stellaris beta 1.2.0 (50ca)
-Added presets value for planet and star class
-You can prevent a planet from having anomaly or orbital resources
-The black color intensity of a pixel in the .PNG while define the % of chance of system creation for the pixel, black pixel = 100% chance spawning system
-Fixed a huge moon saving problem for your project rsgg files
-Some other minor fixes

0.82:
-Fixed some bugs

0.81:
-Fixed some bugs
-Better project and mod saving

0.8:
-Hyperlanes loading from project is much faster
-Players will now have their own ideal planet class instead of gaia planets (expect of AI, they will all have the same planet preference) So now, maps are now playable with AI
-Added hability to choose if a planet have rings

0.7:
-You can now save and load your project

0.61:
-Fixed "random" system names

0.6:
-Added ability to see system/nebula/planet names by hovering them You can toggle all names with F1 key

0.5:
-Added a star system editor, you can now make your own star system in your galaxy!

0.42:
-Added Hyperlane generation stats
-Added Latest version Checking

0.41:
-Fixed pink preview area

0.4:

-Added support for Hyperlanes, now you can edit FTL Hyperlanes, or auto-generate them!

0.3:
-Added support for Nebulas! You can now manually place/move/delete systems, and nebulas You can also edit nebula to change his radius and name

0.2:

-Now you can create spawns for empires Empires will now spawn in Gaia worlds
-You can also auto-generate X spawns -You can move the camera with Arrow keys

0.1:
-First Release

PS : I am not forcing you to anything, but if you upload a galaxy made with my tool to the workshop, i'll really appreciate if you credit me in the description of your mod ;)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hi Retalyx, this is a very interesting tool. I note that (in v0.82, at least), if you have fewer empires than the maximum, then for every empire not picked you end up with a gaia planet with unoccupied buildings. Is there any way around this problem at the moment?

Lucre

Hi Retalyx, this is a very interesting tool. I note that (in v0.82, at least), if you have fewer empires than the maximum, then for every empire not picked you end up with a gaia planet with unoccupied buildings. Is there any way around this problem at the moment?

Lucre
Thanks for your issue report :)

I'll see what i can do, and fix this as soon as i can ;)

Hi, thanks for taking a look at it :)

One other point is that if you play the 'Commonwealth of Man' (i.e., the one with the Deneb start), it appears that two separate 'United Federation of Earth' empires are spawned, each on it's own Sol. I have looked into it, but I can't see why there are two spawns.

Lucre

Yes i saw this problem, i don't know why, but sometimes, tge game generate a Sol system in the galaxy :/

After further investigation, it seems you can prevent two UNEs forming provided you force the UNE to spawn by setting

spawn_enabled = always

in the prescripted countries file for humans1.

Are you still working on this? What language is it it? Depending on how easy it is to create mods to create new "types" of galaxies (which of last time I checked is difficult to do)... this might come in very handy for creating more types of realistic galaxies. Are you willing to share the source?

Hello

I am trying to use this mod with the last version of the game (1.61) and I was unable to play it in the game :s