• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ivicok

Private
9 Badges
Nov 5, 2018
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Hearts of Iron III
shortly before the old forums went down I started to do some visual modding, using the NinjaRipper and similar things

I've made a few new models based on the original game for Humans, which can be found in the following library - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jc_mtWMD_qhpODFro8r7Dsy1qhgqWr4k

it is only a .clb file, but you can use it easily via the Package Manager for your own mods

enjoy!

Last edited:
some screens -

D80B43B0A6F7A3BD8FACE3137CFFA96C5E1CB040

D6FA51B0CE7B1857B7B828616CB7B1608F4E6525

Nice! Would you have a list of the models you created?

It's huge!
a34ca-clip-18kb.png

0af03-clip-5kb.png

Numerous combinations of armor and cloth. Only Human models. And weapons!

Dear author! I'm humbly asking your permission to use these wonderful models in my projects. Of course with mentioning you as model creator.

this is a list of meshes from a file I was keeping notes (and plans), there may be some changes or non-English terminology, but you'll get the idea :)

- armor
cloth: torso, legs, legs2, shoulder, shawl, legs_lt
gambeson: torso, shoulder, tegilai_legs
leather: torso, cape, legs, hands
chain: torso, legs, skirt, shoulder, aventail, boots
brigantine: torso, legs
plate: cuirass, hands, gorget, gorget2, susp
full plate: torso, legs, arms, shoulder, sabatons

- helmets: none, cape, coif, sallet_lt, basinet, kettle, barbuta, sallet_hv, hounskull, armet

- weapons
axes: berdysz (bardiche), pollaxe, sekera_lt (simple axe)
maces: flail (2-handed), morgenstern (2-handed), piernacz (flanged mace), kladivo (warhammer)
spears: couteau (glaive), earspoon (this term is really used), guisarme, halberd, sidlo (ahlspiess), voulge
swords: lang, messer_lt, messer_hv, schlacht (8-shaped cross), bocny (arming sword), tesak

weapons require a some fitting in Mod Editor, especially scaling, other parts are roughly compatible with each other, so you can make your own combinations; some of them may look weird (e.g. I haven't managed yet to make the flail head bounce), as they have no armature

right now I'm working on some new shields; there are some technical issues with them

and of course, I'll be happy to see them in your mods as well

Last edited:
Thanks! I love how you made it all modular instead of meshed together so we can mix-and-match.

Of course! They will be Elder Scrolls specific retextures, but in 512x512 at least, I'll let you know what I do with them okay?
And, of course, will credit you when I release the mod!:)
Love the middle-eastern weapons you included, and the variety in general.:)

"middle-eastern weapons"? are there any? :)

but recently I've made a sabre, it uses the human weapon texture, see the .zip file

Attachments

• sabre.zip
    17,3 KB · Views: 34
Thanks, it's hard to figure out which vertexes end up where in your meshes but it doesn't take much to look good.:)

Editing the animations, I don't think so. That would require their extraction from the game files, right? Creating new ones I've seen once, I think. That would be done by adding new animations to the skeletons and importing them as rigs, but I haven't touched that side at all.

Really looking forward to your shield work! What are your plans?

Last edited:
well, I thought about adding some historical mercenary groups, like the Landsknecht or Swiss, which would be available in inns instead of basic units

but until now I was mostly doing models, not much coding; all new stuff I implemented were just new figures for the basic Human and Human Warlord tree

Last edited:
I have updated the file, it didn't grew very much (from 39 to 47 MB), but that's also because some optimizing - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jc_mtWMD_qhpODFro8r7Dsy1qhgqWr4k

the first shields are included! they are two types: unrigged (I'm using them with Crusader animation) and ones linked to left elbow (with _arm ending), which are meant for cavalry (e.g. Hussar) and one-handed animations (e.g. Barbarian)

- buckler (unrigged only)
- pelta (small, colored; rigged only)
- hussar (rigged, 2 variants)
- targe (small pavise; unrigged)
- viking (big round shield; rigged)
- scutum (late Roman style; unrigged)
- pavise (both)

the torso models are now without arms, so they can be easily interchanged; you can also select custom sidearms, attached to the torso models

0BB3F49266DF5FAD1E5B4CFF9FF74E60B60403E1

Incredible! I once again love the variety; those shields are awesome.:)
The variety these will bring is huge; especially love you included some female fighters, something the vanilla races are sorely lacking in.
I have wanted something like the tabbard for a long while.
Same goes for the Roman legion helmet; thank you so much for sharing these!

Also: Awesome hats, Yay!
Also: Here's screen of some wip of the retextures. Ancient elven armor.
Fits fine onto undead. Maybe you're interested in the cuirass textures to base other lamellar armor on?:)
9D83580E58B0F4BAE8C98C9B300534CBAE5F6DEE

Last edited:
ah thanks, I've corrected it; I still have problems with producing my own mask and normal maps, e.g. for chainmail textures

but I'm trying to crack the animation problem first; not so much because of shields as for a wagon fort

Nice stuff!

There is a possibility to make some items (weapons and shields) visible on hero model in combat. Unfortunately, weapon models can be found only for a few item. I was thinking about such mod...