• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GShock

Colonel
34 Badges
Aug 16, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines
I suppose my friend and Guru, Chatnoir can answer in no time about my questions but I thought it was good to post here so everybody knows how to do some things.

I am playing the Divided Clans Mod and I would like to alter a few parameters but I don't know how and which files to edit.

1) Honor
Honor loss for Ninja Mission is too low (in all ninja missions).
Transfer vassal, honor cost too high.
Revoke title honor cost too high for removal and too low for refusal.
Grant title too low for Kokujin and extremely low for Daimyo.
Marriage honor is too high.
Retire to Monastery too high.
Gift honor is ok.
Ranks honor is ok, costs are too high
Temple honor (Shinto) bonus is too high
Religion honor bonus (Shinto) is too high
Declaring war honor cost is too high
Expose plot honor loss is too low
Sue for peace (all parameters to be touched)

2) Religion
I would like to alter the parameters here, all of them

3) Economy
I would like to make some Kori more economically valuable than others AND change the price to build buildings and temples.

4) Retinue numbers
I would like to alter the parameter that decides how many retinue you can hold as well as how big the penalty must be when you have too many.

5) Castles
I would like to alter the speed of progress in sieges as well as the losses of men at each progress increment for the besieged garrison. Also, I would like to alter the construction times of castles, kori improvements AND building/temple construction times.

6) I wish to know how to define how many ashi/sam are within each Kori development level.

Thanks for the help, PLEASE one point at time, in detail, no need to answer to ALL of the 5 points immediately. :)

Last edited:
I think anyone else knows better, though.

2) Religion

Please check the scrpit in the buildings.txt. You can use the parameters in this thread.

Code:
temple = {
 shinto_shrine = {
  not_if_x_exists = { buddhist_temple, christian_church }
  build_cost = 100
  build_time = 730
  faction = shinto
  monthly_character_honor = 0.02
 }

buddhist_temple = {
  not_if_x_exists = { shinto_shrine, christian_church }
  build_cost = 100
  build_time = 730
  faction = buddhist
  levy_reinforce_speed = 0.3
  retinue_reinforce_speed = 0.01
 }  

christian_church = {
  not_if_x_exists = { buddhist_temple, shinto_shrine }
  build_cost = 100
  build_time = 730
  faction = christian
  global_tax_modifier = 0.02
  technology = 1   # Needs western influence
 }
}

So is it possible to add a global tax modifier to all shrines by just adding that line?
It goes without saying buddhist/shinto temples should also increase the retinue reinforce speed (warrior monks in the samurai ranks) is it possible to add the lines missing from one temple type to the others?

I think we better tackle all the issues one at time, don't move to next before answering these Qs. ;)

So is it possible to add a global tax modifier to all shrines by just adding that line?

Yes, altough I think local tax modifier or tax income for provinces having shrines is more reasonable.

It goes without saying buddhist/shinto temples should also increase the retinue reinforce speed (warrior monks in the samurai ranks) is it possible to add the lines missing from one temple type to the others?

Yes.

Yes, altough I think local tax modifier or tax income for provinces having shrines is more reasonable.

Yes.

Then you recommend using the local tax modifier instead while still adding the line for the retinue reinforce speed in the global... I'd rather use that as local as well, if possible.

Then you recommend using the local tax modifier instead while still adding the line for the retinue reinforce speed in the global... I'd rather use that as local as well, if possible.

The retinue has nothing to do with provinces. The levies do.

I would also recommend you to make a big difference between the characteristics of three religions. The choice of the religions should have more impacts on the game play.

1) Honor
Honor loss for Ninja Mission is too low (in all ninja missions).

Ninjas.txt, in the common folder.

Transfer vassal, honor cost too high.
Revoke title honor cost too high for removal and too low for refusal.
Grant title too low for Kokujin and extremely low for Daimyo.
Marriage honor is too high.
Retire to Monastery too high.
Gift honor is ok.
Ranks honor is ok, costs are too high

All in defines.lua in the common folder. Be careful, as breaking this file will cause the game to fail to load. Make sure every line ends with a ,

Temple honor (Shinto) bonus is too high

Buildings.txt in the common folder.

Religion honor bonus (Shinto) is too high

Static modifiers.txt, in the common folder.

Declaring war honor cost is too high

Defines.lua

Expose plot honor loss is too low

Defines.lua

Sue for peace (all parameters to be touched)

Defines.lua

2) Religion

Covered quite eloquently by Chatnoir.

3) Economy
I would like to make some Kori more economically valuable than others AND change the price to build buildings and temples.

Building costs can be changed in buildings.txt. I'm not seeing any means to chance the economic value of individual provinces, however.

4) Retinue numbers
I would like to alter the parameter that decides how many retinue you can hold as well as how big the penalty must be when you have too many.

Defines.lua

5) Castles
I would like to alter the speed of progress in sieges as well as the losses of men at each progress increment for the besieged garrison. Also, I would like to alter the construction times of castles, kori improvements AND building/temple construction times.

Buildings.txt for the construstion times stuff. Defines.lua for the seige things.

6) I wish to know how to define how many ashi/sam are within each Kori development level.

Doesn't seem possible, unfortunately, tho I may be wrong on this.

Thanks for the help, PLEASE one point at time, in detail, no need to answer to ALL of the 5 points immediately. :)[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem possible, unfortunately, tho I may be wrong on this.

We can change the amount of samurai/ashigaru regiments in kori, but the amount of a regiment (250) seems not.

About the amount of regiments, check this code in the statistic modifier.txt
Code:
castle = {
 fort_level = 1
 levy_size = 1
 infantry_levy = 2
 cavalry_levy = 1
}

You can also lncrease/recrease samurai and ashigaru separately.

Last edited:
in defines.lua:

REGIMENT_SIZE = 250,

That'll do it.

I wish to start modding the Divided Clans mod not the vanilla but it looks like I'll have to make do with what I have, for testing purposes.
Can't understand the file structure in the mod, I can't find the files so I presume the mod uses the vanilla parameters if not specified elsewhere.

Maybe I'd better say what I'm going to do and some of you guys can build the file. I did test 1.4 and the AI has noticeably changed for the better. Good thing.

I wish to start modding the Divided Clans mod not the vanilla but it looks like I'll have to make do with what I have, for testing purposes.
Can't understand the file structure in the mod, I can't find the files so I presume the mod uses the vanilla parameters if not specified elsewhere.

Maybe I'd better say what I'm going to do and some of you guys can build the file. I did test 1.4 and the AI has noticeably changed for the better. Good thing.

The mod extends and replace some files, while it uses the vanilla files too. So you should check also the vanilla files, since the mod doesn't have all files of vanilla.

Huh, does it work chatnoir, have you tried changing it?

No, sorry. I concentrate myself on changing the personality traits in my mod.