• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some modding control over the "forced open borders during truce" would be immensely appreciated.

People have been losing their minds for a long time trying approximate and unsatisfying workarounds such as this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2493028212 , to stop enemy constructors blobbing right behind a chokepoint they just fought a war to control, we need a real solution.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Some modding control over the "forced open borders during truce" would be immensely appreciated.

People have been losing their minds for a long time trying approximate and unsatisfying workarounds such as this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2493028212 , to stop enemy constructors blobbing right behind a chokepoint they just fought a war to control, we need a real solution.
A treaty phase were you can impose closed borders would be great.

Does anyone know if there is a mod that minimizes your start? I want the player and the A.I. to start with a lot fewer pops, less districts developed, no mining/research stations, and less research (maybe none). I've been going through the workshop, and there's a lot of mods that give you better advantages at start, but I've still to find the one I'm looking for.

I have found a couple that remove all starting tech, but I don't think they do everything that I'd like.

Okay, so I was working on my new mod when an idea popped into my head: Determined Terraformers.

A Machine Intelligence gestalt that literally terraforms every planet it comes across, with or without life already being there. They won't purge the pops, just plop down a terraforming engine like those gaia seeders and any organic life that remains once the final step is undertaken will be turned into an organic slurry deposit.

I think I need sugar...

Would someone be willing to make me a mod for the newest origin, Knights of the Toxic God? I love the origin which, among the many cool things it adds, includes a building called Order's Keep. You start with it and can only build one in your entire empire, but I'd like to be able to build more, it starts in a habitat so one building per habitat would be good I think. I know it's an extremely strong building but also I don't really care because I think it's super cool.
1663839655367.png

Modding feature request:
triggers that can check if a pop/species/leader has a particular CATEGORY of citizenship_type

For example, I made a new citizenship_type for my new species, and I want it to be considered as full citizenship (wrote "is_full_citizenship = yes" inside defination), but existing triggers, has_citizenship_type and has_citizenship_rights don't count it as full citizenship.

I don't want to overwrite any vanilla files, otherwise I may run into some compatibility issues with other mods.

So I hope there's a trigger can do the job, maybe "has_citizenship_category" is good.

Further more, it would be better if we could add new categories.

BTW, isn't the ability to create new citizenship_types added to make the usage more flexible and solve compatibility problems? Why didn't these triggers are added in the first place?

My original post on r/stellaris:

Mod wanted: Warhammer fantasy Dwarf careers and traits for Dwarves in Space!

R5: Because we need it.

Most of y'all probably don't realize it, but there is a deep need in every heart to play as a mighty mighty Outerspace Dwarf in Outerspace! empire.

But without the careers and traits, we're just funny-looking short dudes.

So, a new origin for those honest enough to be in touch with their innate need to be awesome is needed.

This lacking is an abominable level of abomination.

Actually, a whole galaxy setup to play the war against Chaos, especially now with the Toxic dlc added, would be super duper totally and awesomely sweet.

I'd make an attempt at it but my computer skills are limited to turning the dang thing on and off, and confusing the heck out of tech support when I try following directions. Also, can't do math. Yeah. I'm one of those numpties.

Actually, a whole galaxy setup to play the war against Chaos, especially now with the Toxic dlc added, would be super duper totally and awesomely sweet.

I'd make an attempt at it but my computer skills are limited to turning the dang thing on and off, and confusing the heck out of tech support when I try following directions. Also, can't do math. Yeah. I'm one of those numpties.

Hmm. Have you tried AA's Grimdark mod? I don't think he has Squats yet, but he does have the major factions.

Hmm. Have you tried AA's Grimdark mod? I don't think he has Squats yet, but he does have the major factions.
No. I have not. Didn't even know it existed. Thanks for the head's up.

Is there a mod that has a repeatable trait pick research?
I can hack something together on my own and I could even share that, but I hate it when there 5+ mods that all do the exact same thing but all do it poorly in slightly different ways; I don't want to contribute to that problem.

Is there a mod that has a repeatable trait pick research?
I can hack something together on my own and I could even share that, but I hate it when there 5+ mods that all do the exact same thing but all do it poorly in slightly different ways; I don't want to contribute to that problem.

The Steam Workshop returns a 6-year old mod that does what you describe.

The Steam Workshop returns a 6-year old mod that does what you describe.
Could you be a dear and link that workshop page? I have a hard time finding it among the 300+ mods that add trait point research stuff or more traits or just sets the trait picks config to 'Large number'.
Also, I was informed that in-game trait pick amount changes were impossible because there was no code for it until 3.6 added it as a tradition. Do you happen to know if the mod you found still works with the current version?

Edit: You know what: I am making this mod. Keep an eye out for my release.
And the first 2 of 6 are done:
Steam:
Add two Robotical Trait Picks Research (Not for Machine Inteligences)
Add two Biological Trait Picks Research
Add two Synthetics Trait Picks Research (for Machine Inteligences)

Add Repeatable Robotical Trait Picks Research ( 4 levels, not for Machine Inteligences)
Add Repeatable Biological Trait Picks Research ( 4 levels)
Add Repeatable Synthetics Trait Picks Research ( 4 levels for Machine Inteligences)

Paradox:
Add two Robotical Trait Picks Research (Not for Machine Inteligences)
Add two Biological Trait Picks Research
Add two Synthetics Trait Picks Research (for Machine Inteligences)

Add Repeatable Robotical Trait Picks Research ( 4 levels, not for Machine Inteligences)
Add Repeatable Biological Trait Picks Research ( 4 levels)
Add Repeatable Synthetics Trait Picks Research ( 4 levels for Machine Inteligences)

Update: And that is all of them. Please like, post feedback and ofcourse, subscribe.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Modability request
Replace all the has_ai_personality triggers with has_ai_personality_archetype scripted triggers containing an OR of similar has_ai_personality triggers, so that we can create new personalities and and only need to overwrite the scripted triggers to integrate them into the game instead of the dozens of files using the trigger.

This would allow me to create personality variants with tweaked behaviors and ship design preferences without needing to overwrite diplo phrases, all federation types and laws, galcom resolutions, policy weights, destroyer ship section preferences, duplicate personality opinion modifiers, etc.
  • Variants based on ascension path, e.g. make psionic ascension empires use a higher shields ratio
  • Variants based on civics, e.g. make Crisis Aspirant variants for genocidal empires that keep their pre-Become the Crisis personalities and weapon preferences.
  • Variants with different personality behaviors based on ethics for personalities that are valid for multiple ethic combinations, esp. xenophile & multispecies, materialist/spiritualist & robot_exploiter/liberator.

Hi,

If there is not a mod that does this already, I'd like to see a mod that adds more control over how many and what kind of empires can appear in a game via sliders in the game creation. In my current playthrough, more than 50% of empires near me are either gestalt empires or megacorps.

Additionally, I've created over 30 custom races, so it would be cool to have a slider for that too. So initially, one slider for each authority type, plus one for user-created.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mod Request: Modified guaranteed worlds spawn

I dislike the sameness and immersion breaking of having 2 nearby planets the same class as your homeworld every single time, but removing guaranteed worlds can really screw an empire over, especially the AI.

I would like to instead start with something like: 1 random planet in your climate category and 1 random planet from any category. You're still guaranteed 2 planets, at least 1 with decent habitability, but it gives more variety in games and feels less scripted. Ideally it could be configurable (number/distance/size range) to balance it even better, but just the default option I described would be great.

Mod Request: Modified guaranteed worlds spawn

I dislike the sameness and immersion breaking of having 2 nearby planets the same class as your homeworld every single time, but removing guaranteed worlds can really screw an empire over, especially the AI.

I would like to instead start with something like: 1 random planet in your climate category and 1 random planet from any category. You're still guaranteed 2 planets, at least 1 with decent habitability, but it gives more variety in games and feels less scripted. Ideally it could be configurable (number/distance/size range) to balance it even better, but just the default option I described would be great.
There is a mod that does this already, it's in my playset. Not in front of PC so I will have to tell you the name later. It might be part of the Planetary Diversity mod.