• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd like to be able to set the clothes worn by the leader of a country and the texture of their throne room when I create a country using a dynamic event.

I don't think this is currently possible.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Suggestion: allow planet classes to specify an optional "habitability alias" that tells the game to treat them like another planet class for habitability purposes (i.e. I create a "Tomb Ring Section" class and set its habitability alias to pc_nuked; now it has base habitability of 80% for tomb preference species, 0% for other preferences, the Survivor trait gives +70% habitability there, the Tomb World Adaptation technology gives +20% habitability there, and species created with one as their homeworld (by using the Omnicodex, for example) or that self-modify there will have Tomb World climate preference). Planet classes with no alias specified work as they currently do.

Reactions:
Hello,
I'd like to suggest some sort of marine life.
There are ocean worlds but no one "really" inhabits them. Also it strikes me as rather odd that plants and funguses are gallivanting around the galaxy ;-) while no marine life seems to have made it to the stars...
Even Master of Orion back in the 90's had the Trilarians, many forms of "crab people" have been concieved for many movies and series (and books), – and on "real" earth we have lungfish, already highly intelligent octopodes, lots of creepy deep-sea-life (the anglerfish for instance), funny jellyfish, dolphins (although they're like the fairies of marine life), seahorses and so on. So in short: lots of fun animals to base spacefaring species on.
Some probably could be able to walk and live on land (-> Lungfish), some might come with (water-filled) space suits (similar to this one bird race with space helmets), some might just have water-filled tubes/hoses leading to their gills etc. etc.
(And something looking like the "crystal ball"-robots with the ball being an aquarium for the species might be fun, too)

And now I'm done ;-)

Cheers!

Any Add should also have a mult, and vice versa, I want to make an ascension perk that increases your trust bonus by a good amount without making comercial pacts give more than they should, trust only comes in add which means I can't do both.

Editable cohesion modifiers, I want to make empires that a strong federation builders and increasing cohesion would be a nice way to do that.

Increase building planetary or empire limit modifiers. The empire can only build so many of this building without Unlocking the techs to make more.

I don't know if this counts as a suggestion, request, or maybe this exists and someone will just tell me:

The ability to add lines to the 00_random_names.txt file in a separate file for minor add-ons. IE: Copying the entire file to add 3 names to the list is inefficient and would make the mod incompatible with anyone else that did the same. Having the ability to have an MC_random_names.txt file that adds just a handful of entries would be amazing.

I don't know if this counts as a suggestion, request, or maybe this exists and someone will just tell me:

The ability to add lines to the 00_random_names.txt file in a separate file for minor add-ons. IE: Copying the entire file to add 3 names to the list is inefficient and would make the mod incompatible with anyone else that did the same. Having the ability to have an MC_random_names.txt file that adds just a handful of entries would be amazing.

You can add a new file with the new names; the game will draw from both files.

Reactions:
Is it possible to create a manager for armies like the fleets have? Right now, raising larger armies is rather exhausting because you have to go through many planets, scroll through each list, click many times and at the end of that you have tendinitis ;-)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Allowing to localize random names

Please add a language = default line at the top of them, to let the game know what files to read, exactly as we can confidently localize name lists without overwriting vanilla (English) files (as well as other files in localisation and localisation_synced folders).

Currently, just adding new files with different names (e.g. 00_pre_communications_names_FR) is not reliable, as the game sometimes pick up elements from both original and new file in the same game! (mostly for pre-communication names).

OR I don't know how to make these new files prioritary!

Last edited:
Planetary importation costs

In short, if it doesn't come from the planet, you need more.

Please:

1. Add a define or a global variable: planetary_import_mult = 0 # 0 is vanilla 0.05 is 5% charges for various importation fees and transport costs
  2. Change the way planetary deficit is computed:
Instead of:planetary_deficit = planetary_production - planetary_upkeep
Make it be:planetary_deficit = (planetary_production - planetary_upkeep)*(1 + planetary_import_mult)

This should only impact the display of planetary deficit on the planet view, and of course all the subsequent computations using them, including sector deficits in the Sector view, summary of resources on the top bar, triggers based on planetary deficits, etc.

This first stage would allow modders to simply fiddle with planetary self sustenance without dealing with a complex taxation system involving energy.

After some testing and feedback, this modifier could become an empire modifier based on the same define or global variable as above, and modified by civics, events, etc. Lastly, the system could even be extended to sector_import_mult, etc.
Of course, the later extension is by no mean a modding request, only a suggestion for a future update.

Slaves for Sale Warning

I'd like to request a (fairly?) simple mod. It's just that having the "slow down the slave market" mod installed I was wondering if it would be possible to have some kind of check mark button on the slave market menu that toggles on/off a warning on the screen when there are slaves for sale. I say toggle only because I imagine it'd get annoying if you're not interested in buying slaves (although even if you're an anti-slavery empire you still get the liberated pop and who wouldn't want more pops?!?).

Hi, defense armies were changed back in Apocalypse. We were given a new system where instead of producing defense armies manually soldier jobs would produce soldiers with a pop working that job. Can we get the ability to mod in custom building defense armies using the pop_defense_armies_add? The current work arounds are very extensive and difficult to mod into the game.

Can building effects be modified without affecting the ability to play ironman?
This is not really an answer, but isn't ironman allowed on a folder basis (e.g. \localisation and \gfx are fine to trifle with)?
I think that all the files including data about how buildings function are in the \common folder, and in the \event folder if you want to launch initial or random effects while in game...

Reactions:
There was a mod that forces X race to do certain jobs and nothing else. It was so useful for determined exterminators and devouring swarm. It was my go to mod when playing them. If someone would be able to update it, would appreciate it so much!

I should be the overlord!

So I think there should be a way for vassals to not only war for independence, but for the lordship too.

Since I lack the skill to implement such a thing, here my thought how it might work:

A vassal can start a project in the situation log taking x (1000?) days. In this time this vassal and the overlord (after they notice whats going on) get events or new diplomacy options to draw the other vassals to their side in the upcoming conflict. They might promise freedom, better conditions, recourses, favours or ???.

After the time is up, there will be a war for the lordship. While the war is going on neutral vassals might declare indepence. After one side wins the new or old overlord will have to honor their promises (or break them potentially leading to more war) and decide what to do with the loser (splitting them up, annexing some of their systems or just keeping them a single vassal).

So basically Crusader King Claimant faction stuff.

Can we please get more interactions with "ship_section_template" ?
I like to get as scope for example "if ship uses ship_section_template then XY"
I like to add local attributes to them like ship_sizes:
Code:
modifier = {
        ship_evasion_add = @corvette_evasion
        ship_piracy_suppression_add = 10
        ship_hull_mult = 0.5
        ship_weapon_range_mult = 0.25
        ship_shield_mult = 0.5
        ship_armor_mult = 0.5
    }
fleet_slot_size = 1
combat_disengage_chance = 1.00
required_component_set = "power_core"
    required_component_set = "ftl_components"
    required_component_set = "thruster_components"
    required_component_set = "sensor_components"
    required_component_set = "combat_computers"
    required_component_set = "ship_aura_components"

So basically using different sections would result in completely different ships to a degree without the hassle to write completely new ships. I though you guys build something like that for offspring ships but these are handled as competently new ship sizes which i find odd.

Last edited: