• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The example button effects file claims that buttons will have the selected object as "this" and the player as "from" where applicable, but apparently "this" is actually always the player. Fixing that would be pretty useful.

Also, it would be good to be able to remove anomalies, or have a country automatically complete them, in script.

MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:
  • has_decision trigger
I have an event with different probabilities and outcomes, that depend on whether the planet has an specific decision active... or that was my intention, because there is no trigger to check whether a decision on a planet is currently active. :confused:

MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:
  • has_decision trigger
I have an event with different probabilities and outcomes, that depend on whether the planet has an specific decision active... or that was my intention, because there is no trigger to check whether a decision on a planet is currently active. :confused:
Usually, the most of decisions have some modifiers, so you can check them for existence.

Code:
add_modifier = { modifier = "martial_law" days = -1 }

MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:
  • any_species, every_species, and random_species scopes
The only way I've been able to figure out to scope to any species in the galaxy is
Code:
any_country = {
    any_owned_pop = {
        (check species triggers here)
    }
}
and that seems horribly inefficient.

MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:

A way to prevent
Code:
create_species = {
    is_mod = yes
    name = "Foo"
}
from automatically adding a random prefix (e.g. Meta-) or suffix (e.g. Superior) to the species name, the way it does when you genetically modify a species in-game.

For example, if I want to create a Human subspecies called "Fremen", I should be able to do that without the game automatically changing the species name to "Meta-Fremen" (or whatever).

MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:
  • any_species, every_species, and random_species scopes
The only way I've been able to figure out to scope to any species in the galaxy is
Code:
any_country = {
    any_owned_pop = {
        (check species triggers here)
    }
}
and that seems horribly inefficient.

The great @Moah made that already, it's in 2.6. There's random/every/any/count_owned_species, which will scope to all the species owned by the country (or planet, etc) and galaxy_species, which scopes to all in the galaxy :)

The great @Moah made that already, it's in 2.6. There's random/every/any/count_owned_species, which will scope to all the species owned by the country (or planet, etc) and galaxy_species, which scopes to all in the galaxy :)
Oh, interesting. I tried the *_owned_pop_species scopes, but they didn't work (at least not for what I was using them for). If the *_owned_species scopes are different, and actually work, that could be useful.

I'm really happy to hear about galaxy_species, though - that's actually way more useful in the specific context I'm working on right now. So just to make sure, random_galaxy_species, any_galaxy_species, every_galaxy_species, and count_galaxy_species all exist now?

Btw, are these documented anywhere? I didn't see them on the wiki.

Oh, interesting. I tried the *_owned_pop_species scopes, but they didn't work (at least not for what I was using them for). If the *_owned_species scopes are different, and actually work, that could be useful.

I'm really happy to hear about galaxy_species, though - that's actually way more useful in the specific context I'm working on right now. So just to make sure, random_galaxy_species, any_galaxy_species, every_galaxy_species, and count_galaxy_species all exist now?

Btw, are these documented anywhere? I didn't see them on the wiki.

Well, I mean, they do work, they are used all over the game now :p If you want up to date information, boot the game and type "trigger_docs" into the console, then check your game.log file. And yes, all those exist.

MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:

A trigger that checks whether a solar system is closer to one thing than it is to another (e.g., return true if the scoped system is closer to a player empire's homeworld than to any AI empire's homeworld).

MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:

Make it possible to scope to every_system from the init_effect block of a solar system initializer.

That one might not be possible. Solar system initializers are used in galaxy generation, so there's no guarantee that more systems won't be generated after that one.

A workaround might be to set a star flag for the system, then write a game_start event: if any system with that flag exists, then every_system = <effect>.

That one might not be possible. Solar system initializers are used in galaxy generation, so there's no guarantee that more systems won't be generated after that one.

A workaround might be to set a star flag for the system, then write a game_start event: if any system with that flag exists, then every_system = <effect>.
The reason I want to be able to do it during galaxy gen is so that I can set flags on systems that meet certain criteria and then use those flags to modify the usage_odds of other initializers. Can't do that with a game_start event.

I came up with an extremely kludgy workaround that does manage to, effectively, scope to every system during galaxy gen, so it's definitely possible, but it would be much much better to just be able to scope to every_system directly.

See this thread for details: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-is-closer-to-one-thing-than-another.1372773/

Please add destroy_trigger for districts, behaving like destroy_trigger for buildings

I was able to emulate this behavior with events, but I think it works better for logic and utility to be able to use this in the district definition itself.

Also, would it be possible to have a way to downgrade buildings to a previous tier, behaving similar to the destroy trigger as well?

Lastly, a way to determine if a sector has a specific active focus?

Last edited:
MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:
Allowing icons to be able to be parsed by custom scripted triggers. See explanation below.
EcXyTCA.png
EcXyTCA.png

MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:

Making descriptions seperated from special projects, event chains, and static modifiers (but specifically event chains). In 2.6.2, each of them can only have 1 description. Allowing them to be seperated using triggers allows for more custom flavour texts depending on empire authority/civics.

ANSWER: This is already possible using scripted localizations.

Last edited:
MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:
Please give us triggers that check the number of free envoys! Because envoys neither count as owned_leader nor pool_leader!
• count_envoys <=> int
• count_idle_envoys <=> int

Last edited: