• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello together,
ich would like to modify the AI fleet composition. I cannot find it in the common files. Maybe I looked up the wrong files, so please give me a hint.
For example, I would like to stop the AI from building cruisers, if it has battleships. Therefor I am suggesting: please make the fleet composition moddable.
Thank you.
Regards Moe

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    27,8 KB · Views: 9
By the way, it's odd that all weights sum up to 100 in all cases, save when destroyers have just been researched:
75: corvette
50: destroyer
... or the wiki contains a "typo".

Could we get a 2.6 dump of triggers and modifiers? Just the trigger_docs console command from a 2.6 game. Theres a lot I could do to prep mods for the update with that

Hey, so I'm not very good at the whole "Galaxy Generation Modding" thing, but have made a personalised version of the old "Galaxy Cores and Shapes" mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1470469580) so I can have 3 Marauders and all 5 FEs in a medium galaxy (because I'm insane apparently). However, I'd also like to add the supermassive black hole at the core of our galaxy (specifically, a massive "Galactic Core" system, featuring a size 40 Black Hole star) at the exact centre of the galaxy. Does anyone know how I could do this so it specifically and *always* generates at the exact 0,0 point in the very middle of the map?

Is there a way to have a trigger where a system needs a certain number of hyperlanes to pass. I've been trying to set something up, for a neighboring system for a system initializer with no success so far. Here's what I've got currently, for the trigger.
Code:
every_system = {
                limit = {
                    has_hyperlane_to = this
                }
                count > 1
            }

It would be nice to be able to scope from a fleet to its ships, i.e. "any_fleet_ship", "every_fleet_ship", "random_fleet_ship".

You already can. Do every/random/any_owned_ship from fleet scope.

Don't worry, I am reading this thread.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Any chances you can make it so that the "host_has_dlc" check is given its own rule that takes priority over all other overwrites?

This is an issue because any country that has "can_use_invalid_tech" seems to be able to bypass all potential conditions, including host_has_dlc, as quoted by the line in the country_type defines itself

"# can_use_invalid_technology = yes #this this is set to no, there will be a hardcoded block on assigning tech whose potential trigger does not evaluate to the country"

This means that modders cannot make a playable country type that is "all-knowing" using this function without also making it possible for players to use technologies that may have otherwise been gated behind DLCs (such as Titans, Megastructures and so on). A separate check will allow modders the freedom to make their new country types being as awesomely powerful, as all-knowing as they can be while still respecting the DLC contents.

1. Full support for all potential scopes for effectButtonType
  2. Add export_to_variable, variable_arithmetic_trigger, and arguments for scripted effects/triggers like in EU4
  3. Change set_variable, change_variable, subtract_variable, multiply_variable, and divide_variable to accept a variable as the 'value' argument
  4. Allow all numeric triggers and effects to allow variables as their argument
  5. Allow any variable in the previous two suggestions to be preceded by a scope, eg something like: root.solar_system.my_var_name
These 5 changes would greatly expand modding capability across the board. They'd make it so that paradox script in stellaris was much closer to an actual programming language and so that modders could back their code with actual interface elements instead of hacky workarounds.

Most of these things would still be amazing additions 2 years later. The only features that have been implemented were #3 and arguments for triggers/scripts. I really cannot understate how powerful these features would be for modders. Imperator, HoI4, and, to a lesser extent, EU4 have all benefited greatly from their addition/inclusion in various forms. Some of the most well renowned mods (eg Kaiserreich, MEIOU & Taxes, etc) for these games are heavily reliant on these features. It saddens me to constantly see things I would love to mod into Stellaris but cannot simply because the tooling is not up to par with other paradox titles.

I don't suppose anyone knows a way to make Scions spawn near their patron FE, do they? Say, within 1-2 jumps from the homeworld to the Overlord?

Also, would it be possible to make it so that if one FE has a Scion spawn, that a scion for the opposing-ethics FE is also spawned?

Oh, and maybe have the Holy Guardians open their borders to their scion?