• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here are a few requests to make radical empire changes easier and less painful, in order of importance, please consider!

1. Events should be able to take away techs and disable ship hull types. So we should be able to deny players access to Cruisers or Battleships when we've given them access to Battlecruisers etc.

2. There should be a way to diplomatically request someone to be a new subject type, rather than making them Vassals and converting them through an event, which is a hacky solution and doesn't look nice in the UI.

3. We should be able to tie tech weights directly to the total number of available Ascension Perk slots, occupied or otherwise, preferably any of the three options.

4. We should have more control over Decadence, and be able to change its rates through events, and maybe even roll it back a bit or so.

5. Would be nice if we could add new tech categories such as Rare or Dangerous, and add a different color card back as a result.

Thanks!

I added 1 to the list. 3-5 are already possible. As for 2 I have to check.

-count_owned_planets (so you can easily tell how many planets of a certain category a country has - this would have many uses).
-declare_truce (I don't know of a way to script a truce at the moment. If there is one, apologies).
-a condition to check faction_happiness (would be very good for political events stuff).
-make member_of_faction work properly.

-count_owned_planets (so you can easily tell how many planets of a certain category a country has - this would have many uses).
-declare_truce (I don't know of a way to script a truce at the moment. If there is one, apologies).
-a condition to check faction_happiness (would be very good for political events stuff).
-make member_of_faction work properly.

If member_of_faction is a bug report perhaps it should go there, otherwise can you elaborate a bit? I'll add the rest to the OP

4. Sector scopes, and especially an ability to determine sector type, income of various resources, current building queue, as well as affect changes to it.
I want to add the ability to get current taxation state for specific sector. That would be really useful for modding.

If member_of_faction is a bug report perhaps it should go there, otherwise can you elaborate a bit? I'll add the rest to the OP

I can't remember whether I filed a bug report, but I think so.

Some kind of 'stackable' parameter for static modifiers on a country would be very handy. Recommend implementing in a similar fashion to the icon and icon_frame parameters static modifiers in the planet scope can have.

Then obviously some default operations dependent on whether the sm is flagged as stackable or not.

Example:

Code:
my_stackable_empire_static_modifier = {
pop_citizen_happiness = 0.01
tile_resource_energy_mult = 0.01
stackable = yes
}

Last edited:
Oh yeah. That reminds me, all those modifiers where you can get past 0% if you put too many modifiers together, it would be wonderful if they would stack.

E.g. one can barely use planet_unrest_mult with negative multipliers, because you have an edict that does -50% (in 2.0, apparently organics will also be able to use it) and a tradition with -25%, fanatic spiritualists get -30%, Police State gives you -25%, governors can also give -15 to 30% and buildings -10%. So with so much chances to cut it drastically, adding modifiers to cut it further would be a bad idea. As it is, if you have the -50% edict active and then apply something which give -25%, that will halve the unrest again (and another 25% would wipe it out). It would be better if it would go down to 37.5%.

Being able to define a curve off and cap on such modifiers would be nice, agreed.

A work-around is to reset the initial to a penalty but that kind of non-vanilla difficulty tends to put players off a mod.

edit:
Implementation wise you could have special static modifier parameters or a wrapper that handles it, but that does mean issues with vanilla use of a modifier that's called directly rather than by your wrapper.

I suppose you could have a default wrapper for all modifiers but that's a lot of vanilla behaviour that'd then need review. To be honest I think the work that Wiz has been doing to transpose some modifiers from time to speed is about as good as we can really expect. Percentile modifiers in a -100% to 100% range are a PITA anyway.

Last edited:
It would be very good if is_mod = no could be used with modify_species, because currently removing / adding traits to a species using modify species always creates a new subspecies, which makes it almost impossible to do some changes (create species has limited functionality since you have to specify exact traits if you want to remove a specific trait).

I would love to see some check population for effect tags/flags the idea would be to create say climate traits for pops and for planets/biomes....with modifers for pop happiness/growth, production etc based on how close the climate of said planet or biome is to the pops desired. Some variables would have a no can do result for example humans require oxygen atmos if you have a methane tagged atmo planet humans could not live there without a biome <domed building type basically same building higher cost in maint and build but tagged for an atmo type> or even a habitat.

Basically tags would allow for greater planet diversity even among same classes, and more species diversity and or purpose for habitats and gene modding or robots

Additionally i'd like an expanded UI with larger possibility maxes so mods that add alot can be used more. For example civics is pretty much capped at 14 because the slider will not allow you to go down the list after that so if you add lots of civics and tech to give civics you cant use them as it is...similar is the limit on perks should you wish to make a whole bunch of perks to further differentiate races in their end game goals

Can someone make a mod that allows me to pick my spawn on the galaxy map?

Add max_range and fleet_can_use blocks to bypasses. Another poster wants the former and I'd like to use the latter to create a system that limits bypass use by ship size (e.g. Star Citizen jump points).

Trying to script this sort of thing into on_action busts pathfinding.