• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  1. Full support for all potential scopes for effectButtonType
  2. Add export_to_variable, variable_arithmetic_trigger, and arguments for scripted effects/triggers like in EU4
  3. Change set_variable, change_variable, subtract_variable, multiply_variable, and divide_variable to accept a variable as the 'value' argument
  4. Allow all numeric triggers and effects to allow variables as their argument
  5. Allow any variable in the previous two suggestions to be preceded by a scope, eg something like: root.solar_system.my_var_name
These 5 changes would greatly expand modding capability across the board. They'd make it so that paradox script in stellaris was much closer to an actual programming language and so that modders could back their code with actual interface elements instead of hacky workarounds.

Last edited:
Add has_path trigger that would check whenever a path exists between two systems fulfilling certain conditions. As far as I'm aware, there's no such thing at the moment.

Example of how this could work:
Code:
has_path = {
   from = capital_scope.solar_system
   to = root.solar_system
   limit = {
       space_owner = { is_same_value = root.owner }
   }
}

This kind of code would check whenever a current scope has direct path to capital of its owner through systems owned by its owner. Would let us check for isolated system and so on.

Yes. We need a way to pre-define a static map which can generate a real or fiction galaxy.

Anyone heard Legend of the Galactic Heroes?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes

This is a very famous sci-fi from Japan. You may find the ship or name mods of them in workshop.
It is a great story about the future of human, also reflected the political issues of both Imperial and Democracy.
The war between 2 countries is simply using 2D - hyperlanes to project. Therefore 2.0 is very suitable to re-create this world.

There were an important chokpoint between 2 countries too. So if the game can pre-define the map.
It would be great for modding. Making another famous mod as same as Game of Thones Mod of CK2.

11.gif

map.jpg
map2.jpg

@ViolentBeetle It's possible to determine this already via brute force effect. Don't believe there's any way to do it via trigger, though, so you'd need to preprocess it for any triggers you need.

Here's a quick and dirty version:
Code:
capital_scope.solar_system = {
    set_star_flag = to_visit
}

while = {
    limit = {
        any_system = {
            has_star_flag = to_visit
        }
    }

random_system = {
        limit = {
            has_star_flag = to_visit
        }

remove_star_flag = to_visit             
        set_star_flag = visited

every_neighbor_system = {
            limit = {
                space_owner = { is_same_value = root.owner }

NOR = {
                    has_star_flag = to_visit
                    has_star_flag = visited
                }
            }

set_star_flag = to_visit
        }
    }
}

root.solar_system = {
    if = {
        limit = {
            has_star_flag = visited
        }

log = "Connected!"

else = {
            log = "Not Connected!"
        }
    }
}

every_system = {
    remove_star_flag = visited
}

Ok, this is kinda petty, and I took a shot at doing it myself, but floundered.

This old Elerian mod (blue space elves) just has some portraits I really like, but is from 1.1. Anyone want to use the pics to create an Elerian race mod. I will praise you to the sky!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695421279

edit: -- or if someone has a good, current guide to basic species modding, I might take another crack at it. Although I haven't coded in 20 years (old here).

Last edited:
Solar system initializers could probably use some sort of "consideration chance" parameter. Right now, as far as I'm aware, there's no such thing and I have no idea where probability of certain systems appearing in the galaxies are set.

I think I could use an extra roll to tell, for example, "this system will only be considered for 30% of the galaxies" without various machinations to let it fit into galaxy map seamlessly. Right now, the best way to add a new system with certain chance is by an event, which produces single-line systems and other awkwardness.

A small and simple request: The modifier "leader_skill_levels", when added to a (non-ruler) leader trait, should allow that leader to gain extra levels (currently it doesn't). Would add more potential to character development.

Request for modability:

Dynamic Leader boni

At the moment we have: skill_*leadertyp* = {
I would like a skill_*leadertyp*_modifier ; that changes the boni a leader receives per level.

Example:

trait_resilient = {
cost = 1
allowed_archetypes = { BIOLOGICAL }
modifier = {
army_defense_damage_mult = 0.5

skill_admiral_modifier = { ship_armor_mult = 0.05 }

}

}

civic_mechanists = {

modifier = { pop_robot_upkeep_mult = -0.05 }

skill_governor_modifier = { pop_robot_production_output = 0.02 }
skill_admiral_modifier = { ship_armor_regen_add_perc = 0.01 }

}

So a level 8 mechanist resilient admiral would give 40% armor and 0.8% Armor regen.

So a leader boni that scale per level and are added from technologies, ethics or traits.

Last edited:
I would be happy if there was a way to remove a specific deposit from a tile, without disturbing other deposits. Right now I have to use clear_deposit = yes, which removes all deposits.
(At several instances do I add custom deposits to tiles, but at certain points I also want to remove them and only them, this would become much easier if you could use clear_deposit = d_custom_deposit).

I would love to see a some form of modding/profile management in launcher that would allow for changing between mod profiles together with saves and user empires file so for example you can set up Star Wars profile for all mods and modded games using Star Wars themed mods and Warhammer 40k profile for these kinda mods and games. It would just have to switch mods on and off. Small quality of life change that would save everyone some time and make the many modded playtroughs less messy. I saw some old user made managers but i can't find a download for them.

Hello,

I want to kindly request a mod that do one thing:
-give planet edict that block all migrations to this planet

Is something like this even possible?

Already possible.
Just make an edict that gives the planet:
planet_migration_all_pull = -1

Stellaris\common\edicts:

planet_edict = {
name = "no_migration
cost = { influence = @planetEdictCost }
length = @planetEdictDuration

modifier = {
planet_migration_all_pull = -1
}

potential = {
owner = {
is_authoritarian = yes
}
has_orbital_bombardment = no
}

ai_weight = {
weight = 0
}
}

need a "condition" of planets where a constructor is building something on

"is_constructing" needs to have a specific megastructure or ship_class appointed.
it is a trouble to include every possible object just in order to set the condition "is_constructing = yes"
when mods add more orbital objects, it can't be included
and we can't appoint a specific planet to this condition

"build_orbital_station_order" and "build_space_station_order" just don't work for megastructures
"has_building_construction = yes" doesn't work for orbital stations

so I suggest here either adding something like a constructor "is_constructing = yes" or a planet "has_orbital_contruction = yes"

need a "condition" of starbases which is being upgraded to a higher level

"is_upgrading = yes" just doesn't work for starbases

"build_orbital_station_order" and "build_space_station_order" just don't work for megastructures
"has_building_construction = yes" doesn't work for orbital stations

Yup, annoying. Also, making empire_unique = yes valid for starbase buildings.