• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd like to create a mod to remove Enclaves from the game so I can play in a galaxy devoid of living intelligent life but I have no idea what I'm doing. How would I do that? I may need step-by-step instructions.

common / solar_system_initializers / leviathans_system_initializers.txt. Go into the file and delete all the enclave systems and you should be good.

It might be a bit specific but what i really need right now is a way to check mouse and/or camera coordinates and even check for keyboard presses in a script.
Maybe on_hover, on_click and so on as well.

If it's not possible, how about a setting ingame to disable edge scrolling. The mod i'm maintaining right now to do this is really, really limited :p

Timed event windows, where if you don't make any choice in an event, the window disappears and any effect that would happen from not picking anything will occur.

You can exploit some of the vanilla game's events just by not picking any choices. Yes, you can just fix that with timed flags and triggering effects with them but that doesn't really get rid of the event window. And yes, you could just have the choices do nothing if you don't have the associated flags but at that point I feel like it's too much of a workaround. Would help a lot for one of my mods as it's dependent on timed choices.

The decision button appears to be permanently disabled for planets outside your borders, even if there are valid decisions for them. For colonies of another empire, the button isn't even there and is instead replaced by the diplomacy button. This should be changed so that the decisions button is always visible and enabled if there are valid decisions for that planet for the current player. This would add a ton of modding possibilities for diplomacy, exploration, or even an espionage system.
This please. The diplomacy button is literally the same thing as clicking the planet owner's flag icon, which should show on planet view for empires you have comms with even if you don't have enough intel on it.

Hey all, I'm looking to find a mod that pauses the game on 01.01 every year, to assist in writing AARs. Or suggestions on how to create one. Anyone have any thoughts/comments?

I'd love a mod that just adds an alert manager, which lets you specify a recurring date, whether to pause the alert, and what to say for the alert, but I don't know if that's within the realm of possibilities.

Alternatively, a mod or other way to remove the cap of 3 autosaves per game would work as well.

What do you mean? Three autosaves a year? Because I have tons of autosaves twice a year (on each 01/01 and 07/01, each game year)
Huh, weird. I have mine set to autosave quarterly, but I only seem to see the last three. I might just be doing it in short enough bursts that they're intermingling with my manual saves—I'll have to check.

Ahem, sorry, my bad. It's not quite "a ton". I happen to store only 5 autosaves on my current game (v2.5.0).

Attachments

• stellaris_autosave1.jpeg
    stellaris_autosave1.jpeg
    70,4 KB · Views: 10
  • stellaris_autosave2.jpeg
    stellaris_autosave2.jpeg
    47,9 KB · Views: 13
Ahem, sorry, my bad. It's not quite "a ton". I happen to store only 5 autosaves on my current game (v2.5.0).
No worries. That checks out with my double-check last night, too.

There are a few Modifiers that are not auto-generated by economic category, namely happiness and growth speed. It would be incredibly useful for new archetypes to auto-generate those modifiers in the same way that economic categories do. Right now creating a new archetype means there is no way to individually effect that archetypes growth speed or happiness, Id like to be able to make plantoid_pop_happiness and plantoid_pop_growth_speed work. It seems like those to modifiers were uniquely made for Lithoids, is there a way for us to add them for new archetypes?

Is it possible to influence the amount of checks a job does to look for a POP to fill it?
Currently it's daily for every job, is it possible to somehow use mods to make it weekly, or monthly instead?

Is it possible to influence the amount of checks a job does to look for a POP to fill it?
Currently it's daily for every job, is it possible to somehow use mods to make it weekly, or monthly instead?
I don't know, but you should be able to add conditions that make bypass the whole weighting phase if they aren't fulfilled. They are at the beginning of each job's part of the script.
If you somehow manage to create a table that associates a date to each pop, I think that this would allow you to test on delay before weighting a job again, or on date of recruitment.

The most important, in my opinion. Add the ability to advanced edit AI behavior in combat.

By type,

if (enemyFleet_and_system > own_fleet){
stop_moving_to_the_system()
}

The sources can not be edited(this is bad), and in ordinary files there are very few settings for behavioral AI in combat.

The AI very happily and boldly throws hundreds of ships at the guaranteed death.

A mod that would allow you to intervene in a war of two associates (not members) of the federation you founded would be cool. Would could military might or diplomacy or give them stuff so they stop fighting.

(Sorry for the double post.)

So it looks like certain origins (Shattered Ring, etc) lock the empire in question into a specific custom starting system. Would it be possible to allow for a random choice of two or more specific systems?

i.e. instead of just this:
Code:
origin = {
    homeworld_system = "custom_system_01"
}

Allow for this:
Code:
origin = {
    homeworld_system = {
        "custom_system_01"
        "custom_system_02"
        "custom_system_03"
    }
}

Pls?

Possibly an impossible idea but figured I would put it out there

a new mid/end game crisis - Xenomorphs. triggered by completing an anomaly you find a ship comaining a number of xenomorph eggs, you can

a) Destroy it, cancels the event
b) Set the ship to fly to an inhabited world. - if you choose this it "infects the planet". Army Xeno's are slowly generated on the planet and when they reach a set ammount they will attack and kill organic life (army and pop), chance of spreading the "infection" along trade routes whenever a new army stack is generated by the infection. defending planet can deploy armies to clean the infection. anyone wanting to claim the system and take the planet will have to clense the infection or risk it spreading back along their trade lines

Last edited:
There's a gameplay tweak I'd like to see someone make.

Specifically, would anyone be willing to make a mod that force-spawns at least one "ruined megastructure" system inside of any present Fallen Empires? Preferentially the ruined ringworld, dyson sphere, or matter decompresser.

Additionally, said mod should remove "galactic wonders" from the list of ascension perks, so that the only way to obtain a ringworld/dyson sphere/matter decompresser is to repair one.

Just a reminder that "clear_planet_modifiers" is currently broken and it would be really nice to have it fixed for 2.6. :p

Also, planet modifiers still don't count down on uninhabitable planets.

Last edited:
A few things I've wished existed, but don't:
  • An on_action that fires when ground combat begins on a planet
  • A way to scope to all armies on a planet, not just defense armies
  • A way for scripts to check how much resource surplus or deficit a planet (as opposed to a country) has
  • A way to count or check for active instances of a building, rather than all instances
  • A way to give or take civics from a country without replacing all its civics
  • A way to use modifiers to add or subtract from a faction's empire-wide support without changing its' members political power on specific planets
  • Deposit flags
And probably more dramatic asks but, it would be good to be able to:
  • Add custom diplomatic actions
  • Add custom species rights
  • Add custom ship classes (for example, I'd like to be able to add orbital unity deposits and temple-stations that can collect them)
  • Add custom the-thing-housing-amenities-stability-and-crime-are
  • Add sliders to the game start menu