• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did you unpause the game? Opinion modifiers aren't removed otherwise instantly, but only after at least one day passes.
Beyond that, marriages may also provide non-aggression pacts by other, most likely hardcoded, means.
You could try adding a new opinion modifiers with disable_non_aggression_pacts = yes.
Can the default "Break Non-Aggression Pact" diplomatic/targeted decision be found in the files somewhere, or is it hard-coded? If it's not hard-coded, looking at how that works would be helpful. I've checked a few of the more likely-sounding files in \decisions\ and not found anything.

Can the default "Break Non-Aggression Pact" diplomatic/targeted decision be found in the files somewhere, or is it hard-coded? If it's not hard-coded, looking at how that works would be helpful. I've checked a few of the more likely-sounding files in \decisions\ and not found anything.

See break_non_aggression_pact in rip_various_decisions.txt. You can see it applies a temporary opinion modifier that breaks non-aggression pacts. That means the non-aggression pact is silently restored when that opinion modifier expires.

See break_non_aggression_pact in rip_various_decisions.txt. You can see it applies a temporary opinion modifier that breaks non-aggression pacts. That means the non-aggression pact is silently restored when that opinion modifier expires.
Aha! Thank you. Yes, that definitely implies that adding a new opinion modifier with the clause to disable pacts will work. (I know I said I was going to get right on that, but then life happened.) I'm surprised that the broken pact would actually restore itself.

Is it possible to put an unlimited duration on opinion modifiers by the way? The wiki only lists days, months, and years. It doesn't mention the possibility of "duration = -1" that you can use for things like character modifiers to make them permanent.

Update - the new opinion modifier with the clause to disable non aggression pacts works.

Last edited:
Is it possible to put an unlimited duration on opinion modifiers by the way? The wiki only lists days, months, and years. It doesn't mention the possibility of "duration = -1" that you can use for things like character modifiers to make them permanent.

Not that I know, but you can specify an opinion modifier to last for centuries, probably even millennia.

Why is it when I create a character in a mod, he wont appear in the game

212850 = {
name="Bedrich"
dynasty=1000061500
martial=4
diplomacy=6
intrigue=7
stewardship=7
religion = catholic
culture = english
trait="craven"
trait="envious"
trait="flamboyant_schemer"
1066.1.1={
birth="1066.1.1"
}
}

1000061500 = {
name="Yeo"
culture = english

}

Last edited:

1000061500 = {
name="Yeo"
culture = english

}

You're missing a religion and a scripted birth date, at the very least.

212850 = {
name="Bedrich"
dynasty=1000061500
martial=4
diplomacy=6
intrigue=7
stewardship=7
religion = catholic
culture = english
trait="craven"
trait="envious"
trait="flamboyant_schemer"
1066.1.1={
birth="1066.1.1"
}
}

1000061500 = {
name="Yeo"
culture = english

}
Isnt there the religion and birth date

Oh, it's a character and a dynasty, not two characters?

- Is the dynasty defined in a file in the correct folder for that, and does it have a unique id?

- Is the id 212850 already used by another character (that's loaded prior to this character; you'd have other issues if they were loaded later...)? Vanilla has characters with higher ids, so it could conceivably be taken if that character hasn't been removed.

- Are you starting when that character should be around (1066.1.1 or later)?

- Are you checking for them widely enough? Unless you've landed them somewhere, they're not necessarily going to be in a specific place if defined without an employer, so e.g. just checking realm characters might not be enough.

- Are you certain you've not messed up anything else? Extra/missing brackets/quotes/equal signs/etc. somewhere earlier in the relevant files can mess things up.

Oh, it's a character and a dynasty, not two characters?

- Is the dynasty defined in a file in the correct folder for that, and does it have a unique id?

- Is the id 212850 already used by another character (that's loaded prior to this character; you'd have other issues if they were loaded later...)? Vanilla has characters with higher ids, so it could conceivably be taken if that character hasn't been removed.

- Are you starting when that character should be around (1066.1.1 or later)?

- Are you checking for them widely enough? Unless you've landed them somewhere, they're not necessarily going to be in a specific place if defined without an employer, so e.g. just checking realm characters might not be enough.

- Are you certain you've not messed up anything else? Extra/missing brackets/quotes/equal signs/etc. somewhere earlier in the relevant files can mess things up.
ah there’s only the dynasty and character files, I’ll try adding the employer so they will be present in my court

Does anyone happen to know what checks the force_host command exactly bypasses (when compared to move_character)? If I understand correctly, the move_character command performs some checks of its own, of which are mostly sanity checks (such as whether the character to be moved is not a ruler and is alive, and whether the character that the moving character moves to has a court, i.e. is a ruler). But these sanity checks seem mandatory and unbypassable (i.e. dead characters can't move to a new liege and characters can't move to someone who doesn't have a court), are there some other checks that the game performs (that are not as mandatory perhaps) that the bypass function of the force_host command is intended for?

Last edited:
I want to create a decision to deactivate selected title, and reactivate selected title;

Code:
destroy_deactivate_title = {
        ai = no

filter = owned

from_potential = {
            has_character_flag = immortal_check
        }

potential = {
            tier = EMPEROR

}

allow = {
            tier = EMPEROR

}

effect = {
            destroy_landed_title = THIS
            hidden_tooltip = { activate_title = { title = THIS status = no } }
        }

revoke_allowed = {
            always = no
        }

ai_will_do = {
            factor = 0
        }
    }

activate_title = {
        ai = no

from_potential = {
            has_character_flag = immortal_check
        }

potential = {
            tier = EMPEROR

}

allow = {
            tier = EMPEROR

}

effect = {

hidden_tooltip = { activate_title = { title = THIS status = yes } }
        }

revoke_allowed = {
            always = no
        }

ai_will_do = {
            factor = 0
        }
    }

There appears to be no condition to check if a title has already been deactivated? Is it possible to have it?
What is the correct code block to transfer all de jure titles of the deactivated title to my primary title?

Last edited:
Is there no way to set all tech points of just my own char to exactly 0?
Tech points are tied to a province. That said, if you wanted to start with your county as 0.0 tech, you could keep the other counties listed along with the other duchies and make a new entry for your county with tech as 0.0, using the regular entry for duchies as a base.

I mean I was getting overflow tech pts from having a large empire - all of europe and steppe. So i had neg econ tech pt somehow. I tech up the capital of a duchy before granting it. So if there was a way to set back everything in game to 0 to even out it would be nice

Ok. I don't know how to set tech back during game, I admit I have never seen that done in my 5+ years of modding the game.