• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps what we think is a trade_post scope actually *is* a province scope. As you say, there can only be 1 TP / province anyway. Coding up a whole new scope would have been a lot more work than just letting TP effects/triggers work on provinces.
Trade posts are handled through provinces. For example any_trade_post actually scopes to all provinces with a trade post in them as the scope targets.
Which is why if you want to add a building to a trade post, hospital or fort you do not scope to the specific holding like when normally adding buildings but scope to the province and use add_to_extra_holding.

is it possible to set a variable on an artifact like we can on almost everything else?

Can anyone help me?

How do I get to display Councillor titles?

I mean currently if say Matilda Lalala is Chancellor of England she is just called Matilda Lalala. How do I get it to display "Chancellor Matilda"?

Hello there!

There is a way to get a young portrait when you become immortal?

Not really, at least not without some jiggery pokery like setting up a young culture version of all the portraits.

Is there a more efficient way of creating characters with a random age?
You could make 10 identical "create_character = {}" sections with only the "age =" part changed but that seems like too big of a waste.
Does anyone know of a working way to create a scripted effect "random_age =" or something similar? Recruiting chancellors seems to have something where it randomizes between 19 and 25 years of age but i can't seem to find the part in the code where that comes from.

I am trying to make a total conversion mod, based on a story I'm writing. I followed the guide to total conversion modding, that is linked on the CK2 wiki (the one where he makes a map of Ireland), and I finally got everything to load properly by downloading that Ireland mod and changing the map to mine.

The problem now is my character won't load in. I messed around with everything I can think of, but whenever I load up the mod, the one province I have says it has no character, even though the one character there is in my files is set to hold the one province there is to hold.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going wrong?

Also; my mod files in case anyone needs to take a look: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mdwxp99whelumc9/windlore_mod.zip

Last edited:
How can you change the base demesne for the basileus apparently it isn't an empire and don't use NDefines.NDiplomacy.DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_EMPEROR_MULT = X and it also doesn't use NDefines.NDiplomacy.DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_BASILEUS_MULT = X I am out of ideas

Has anyone ever managed to get the damage_unit effect working correctly? Targeting the right type and everything? Not just theoretically, but actually gotten it to do something? If so, can I see an example?

Also, is there a way to pull unit size, or army size, to a variable? So for example, not allowing certain events to fire if one army dramatically outnumbers the other.

EDIT: Apparently, using the damage unit 'amount' is very dangerous as well, as it will take you into negative troops, and thus crash the game. Only the percentage way is safe to use, seemingly. Unless somebody can possibly show me an example otherwise.

Last edited:
Is it possible to localize what a title is called depending on religion? I want a pathway to being proclaimed God Emperor in the little mod I'm making.

How can you change the base demesne for the basileus apparently it isn't an empire and don't use NDefines.NDiplomacy.DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_EMPEROR_MULT = X and it also doesn't use NDefines.NDiplomacy.DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_BASILEUS_MULT = X I am out of ideas

He should be using the empire one automatically, but his laws might affect the number. You can't, to the best of my knowledge, add new defines, so the best way to do this would be to have a bunch of laws you can't move manually that adds or subracts holdings to the demesne size and that is updated through triggered events on the title changing hands (and perhaps yearly).

Is it possible to localize what a title is called depending on religion? I want a pathway to being proclaimed God Emperor in the little mod I'm making.

Have a look at e.g. the pagan faiths in v2_20.csv. Of course, keep in mind that all rulers with (presumably) empire-level titles and your religion would call themselves "God-Emperor" (which is HERESY! of the highest order, of course), so perhaps it might be better to have a secular rel head title like the Fylkirate and have it confer the "God-Emperor" title.

Not really, at least not without some jiggery pokery like setting up a young culture version of all the portraits.
Thanks. Is there a way to change the age of a character? To try to simulate the change of portrait.

Another little question: i have an event with trigger = check_variable and MTTH days = 1 but the event triggers 7, 8 days after the variable reach the target. Is there a way to have a faster response? (save for to call the event)

Thanks. Is there a way to change the age of a character? To try to simulate the change of portrait.

Another little question: i have an event with trigger = check_variable and MTTH days = 1 but the event triggers 7, 8 days after the variable reach the target. Is there a way to have a faster response? (save for to call the event)

MTTH events are spread out a bit across all characters (currenlty, rulers are checked every 20 days and courtiers every 50 days; pre-2.7 all characters used the former, and the former value is unchanged since the earliest Steam branch) to make performance better. You do not want to change them to be checked daily unless you have an extremely good computer.

Last edited:

You cannot change the age. We asked for years but apparently it's unsafe for the game to mess with character ages too much.

How would I go about adding a new description? Where should I place it?
Create a new localisation file in your mod's localisation directory. It should be a csv file; by default they open in Excel, but Notepad++ is far friendlier for this particular application. Copy the existing format: each line consists of the relevant key, followed by the visible name of the thing in several different languages - English, French, German, blank, Spanish, I think, followed by a generous row of blanks - make sure you have the same number of total entries in each line as the other localisation files (check the ones in vanilla if your mod doesn't have them yet), whether or not you include non-English names. So two rows for a religion and its description might look like this:

very_bad;The Bad Gods;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
very_bad_DESC;This character fearfully worships the Bad Gods of Bad, who want to bring the world to an end in a shattering CTD.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

nd