• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a society and want the starting members to be of the same religion-group as the player is. But I dont get it how to construct the condition since random_playable_ruler is not allowed in triggers.

If I use
Code:
startup_populate = {
  any_playable_ruler = {
    ai = no
    religion_group = PREV
  }
}
the society do not exists ingame. I think its because those two conditions are evaluated for every playable ruler and then connected via AND (which will always be false).

Is there a condition to check whether the current scope is a particular society? I ask as I am using the on_actions to trigger a decision for a character who joins a society. According to the on_action the society itself should be stored in the FROM scope. Is there a way to check that the FROM scope as a consequence is the explicit society?

Is it possible to have nested random lists -- i.e., list with entries that are themselves random lists? For example:

Code:
random_list = {
  5 = {
    if = {
      limit = {
        limiting_factor
      }
      random_list = {
        50 = {
          add_trait = trait
        }
        50 = {
          add_trait = trait
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Is it possible to have nested random lists -- i.e., list with entries that are themselves random lists? For example:

Code:
random_list = {
  5 = {
    if = {
      limit = {
        limiting_factor
      }
      random_list = {
        50 = {
          add_trait = trait
        }
        50 = {
          add_trait = trait
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Yes.

Is there a condition to check whether the current scope is a particular society? I ask as I am using the on_actions to trigger a decision for a character who joins a society. According to the on_action the society itself should be stored in the FROM scope. Is there a way to check that the FROM scope as a consequence is the explicit society?
Don't see an official trigger. This is clunky, but should work:
Code:
    any_society_member = {
        society_member_of = FROM
        society_member_of = <your society>
    }

Is there a way to scope from any_trade_post / random_trade_post to the province the trade post is located in? As far as I know, the location scope only works from character and title scopes.
The wiki says location works from character or title scope. But it also says any_neighbor_province only works from province scope, and vanilla uses any_neighbor_province in a random_trade_post scope. Best I can suggest is to try and see if it works. If it does, update the wiki, or let us know here to update it.

Don't see an official trigger. This is clunky, but should work:
Code:
    any_society_member = {
        society_member_of = FROM
        society_member_of = <your society>
    }
Was hoping there was something less CPU intensive than an any scope. Oh well.

How do I get to display Councillor titles?

I mean currently if say Matilda Lalala is Chancellor of England she is just called Matilda Lalala. How do I get it to display "Chancellor Matilda"?

Is there a way to scope from any_trade_post / random_trade_post to the province the trade post is located in? As far as I know, the location scope only works from character and title scopes.
The wiki says location works from character or title scope. But it also says any_neighbor_province only works from province scope, and vanilla uses any_neighbor_province in a random_trade_post scope. Best I can suggest is to try and see if it works. If it does, update the wiki, or let us know here to update it.
So I just tested this out since I also need it, and it turns out that indeed, @jursamaj is right:
These trade_post scopes seem to already scope to the province, too!
Maybe it is because only one can be built per province, dunno. But I tested going from any_trade_post to any_neighbor_province, and it worked - no additional location scope needed.

So I just tested this out since I also need it, and it turns out that indeed, @jursamaj is right:
Maybe it is because only one can be built per province, dunno. But I tested going from any_trade_post to any_neighbor_province, and it worked - no additional location scope needed.
Good to know

I had the idea of modding in the patrician families of rome(i.e: The Colognna, the Anguilara and other families).

The idea is to have patrician baronies(unlanded inheritable titles), just as in republics, but under the vassalage of the Pope. I was thinking of maybe doing something like this for other titles as well. I'm not quite sure how to go on with it or if it is possible. Anyone knows of a similar mod or how could it be done?

Oh nevermind. If anyone is interested, I created a test patrician barony title and simply created a history file for a holder with the liege as k_papal_state. It fucking worked! I even tested killing the holder, the title is inherited and mantained.

I need further testing to see if bugs will happen or things of the sort, but so far so good. I think the idea is quite nice for also creating byzantine noble families that weren't landed.

The problem is also not related to government type. I did a test creating a patrician barony holding as a vassal of a county city holding("grand mayor") and it still didn't work. It seems the game only mantains this kind of title if it belongs to a duchy or above republic government. I hope there is a way to change that.

Perhaps what we think is a trade_post scope actually *is* a province scope. As you say, there can only be 1 TP / province anyway. Coding up a whole new scope would have been a lot more work than just letting TP effects/triggers work on provinces.