• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello there everyone!

I would just like to ask a quick question here as I have not been able to find an answer for it elsewhere. When I set a new opinion modifer in an event would I be better of creating a new opinion modifier which is unqiue for that event or can I use an opinion modifer which already exists in vanilla? I know that I can do that, I'm just worried that if another event sets the same opinion modifier that nothing would happen. Is that a valid concern?

Hello there everyone!

I would just like to ask a quick question here as I have not been able to find an answer for it elsewhere. When I set a new opinion modifer in an event would I be better of creating a new opinion modifier which is unqiue for that event or can I use an opinion modifer which already exists in vanilla? I know that I can do that, I'm just worried that if another event sets the same opinion modifier that nothing would happen. Is that a valid concern?
In general you can use the vanilla opinion modifiers unless they are tied to specific events. So something like opinion_happy would probably be fine but something like abuse_of_office proably wouldn't be as it is tied into events. You can often make your own opinion modifiers easily enough so it should not be too much of an issue either way.

Reactions:
You need a common/province_setup folder with a blank 00_province_setup.txt file at a minimum. In map/default.map, change the static line from static = statics.txt to static = statics, and create a statics folder with blank 00_static.txt at a minimum.

So I modified the headgear for a culturegfx, put some muslim helms with christian helms.....but now the helms are overwriting the character picture with a giant white square. I did it in photoshop and saved it as a .dds

Anyone knows what is being loaded during "Loading Sounds" step since patch 2.5 ?
I assume it's not actually sound related since replace_path = "sound" or replace_path = "music" doesn't reduce it.

So I modified the headgear for a culturegfx, put some muslim helms with christian helms.....but now the helms are overwriting the character picture with a giant white square. I did it in photoshop and saved it as a .dds

Might be a transparency issue ?

I am not sure if we get what we are trying to say.
I am looking for the .gfx files for decisions. With code in it like this:
Code:
spriteTypes = {
  spriteType = {
    name = "GFX_decision_name"
    texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\decision_icon.dds"
  }
}
There are no .gfx files for decisions in the /gfx/ folder ,or any subsequent lower folders, anywhere.
I apologise if i am misunderstanding something.

All .gfx files are in interface/ (not gfx/interface/, which has actual graphics files for the interface. The .gfx files are text files defining the interface to the graphics files.)

Reactions:
I'd like to rename Counties in Anglo-Saxon but for them to only appear if you hold the Angelcynn, Anglo-Saxon or Saxon culture. Could you tell the right file and how to word the edit. Thanks. Is this possible with holdings as well. Thank you.

In landed_titles.txt, in the appropriate county block, put
Code:
angelcynn = xxx
anglo_saxon = yyy
saxon = zzz
replacing the xxx, yyy and zzz with the appropriate localizations. (Make sure the tags are right too, I'm just guessing what you're using.)

Ok...I got the transparency problem fixed. I'm trying to make helms replace the title holder crowns.....but the helms are only showing in the areas of where the crowns show.
Did you mod the headgear_behind strip as well as the headgear strip?

Did you mod the headgear_behind strip as well as the headgear strip?

Yes, I also did the same with the mid, and erased all crowns in the 3( headgear, mid, behind) before copy and pasting the desired helms.
Code:
     name = "PORTRAIT_darknutgfx_male"
     effectFile = "gfx/FX/portrait.lua"
     layer = { # GFX_TYPE:[d|p]INDEX:COLOR_LINK:DONT_REFRESH_IF_VALID:CULTURE_INDEX
       "GFX_character_background:p0"
       "GFX_western_male_clothes_behind:p3:c0"
       "GFX_darknut_male_headgear_behind:p5:c1"
       "GFX_western_male_hair_behind:p1:h:y"
       "GFX_western_male_beard_behind:p4:h:y"
       "GFX_western_male_base:p2"
       "GFX_western_male_neck:d0"
       "GFX_western_male_cheeks:d4"
       "GFX_western_male_chin:d1"
       "GFX_western_male_mouth:d2:o75x49"
       "GFX_western_male_nose:d3:o80x65"
       "GFX_western_male_eyes:d6:o47x74"
       "GFX_western_male_eyes2:d6:e:o74x92"
       "GFX_character_scars:p7:y"
       "GFX_character_reddots:p8"
       "GFX_character_boils:p9"
       "GFX_character_blinded_eyes:p10"
       "GFX_western_male_clothes:p3:c2"
       "GFX_darknut_male_headgear_mid:p5:c3"
       "GFX_western_male_ear:d7:o27x54"      
       "GFX_western_male_beard:p4:h:y"
         "GFX_western_male_hair:p1:h:y"
       "GFX_western_male_clothes_infront:p3:c4"
       "GFX_darknut_male_headgear:p5:c5"
       "GFX_character_imprisoned:p6"
       "GFX_player_overlay:p11"
     }

I would like to add at game start a Fort in a province just like it is possible to add a Trade Post, is there a way to do it? I tried fort = owner_title like trade_post = owner_title but it doesn't seem to work, and b_barrony = fort put the fort in the regular holdings.
Any idea?