• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What command would I use to de-occupy a holding in an event? I am going to try to fix the unsiegeable trade post bug with an event, but I can't figure out how to de-occupy a holding in an event.

After an exhaustive search through the files and the wiki, I think there isn't any command to directly end (or create) an occupation. Which means I cannot fix the bug with a mod. Does anyone have any ideas for how to de-occupy holdings at the end of a war that the engine doesn't de-occupy properly?

... Does anyone have any ideas for how to de-occupy holdings at the end of a war that the engine doesn't de-occupy properly?

Are you sure the bug is still around ?
Did you experience that on a relative fresh campaign or on a save file older than patch 3.x ?

I thought this was fixed by
- on_siege_over_winner, on_siege_over_loc_chars, on_siege_won_leader, and on_siege_lost_leader no longer fire for forts (they never fired at all for trade posts); these now fire the same on-action with "_fort" or "_trade_post" appended, with FROM as the province. This is because FROM was undefined for these two types of holdings as they have no associated title, leading to strange issues
A line in the changelog for 3.0.

Last edited:
Are you sure the bug is still around ?
Did you experience that on a relative fresh campaign or on a save file older than patch 3.x ?

I thought this was fixed by

A line in the changelog for 3.0.
I know that the bug I am trying to fix is at least partially caused by trade posts not getting occupation cleared on war end (or at least that is a symptom). I just tested and it happens in 3.3.3. I suppose I could hunt down the oldest bug report of it to see if it first showed up in 3.0, but I want to say it first showed up in 2.8.

Reactions:
Hey, how do you edit the trees.bmp file? seems way too small, is there a larger version somewhere?

Kind of an odd question, but here it goes: is there any way to edit the files of the "Theatrum Orbis Terrarum" mod, so that it keeps the vanilla version of the Terrain Map?
I'd like to change only the Terrain map, since I do like every other mode. Any advice?

I seem to be struggling on decisions.
My plan for my mod is too create a titular title: Lordship of Ireland. I have this already done.
However I wish to create a decision that destroys the vanilla kingdom of Ireland and replaces it with my Lordship of Ireland.
I would also like to be able to transfer all Irish duchies into this new Kingdom title.
So what I am asking is for some advice and things I should make sure to do. If anyone would be able to do this I would be eternally grateful.

Lastly, how would I create an event and have it appear once my decision is selected? All help is once again appreciated.

I would also like to be able to transfer all Irish duchies into this new Kingdom title.
Lastly, how would I create an event and have it appear once my decision is selected? All help is once again appreciated.
decision, you'll need add localization and gfx for it later. And set a "active = no" flag in your title history.
Code:
decisions = {

create_new_irish = {
        only_independent = yes
        is_high_prio = yes
        ai_check_interval = 24

potential = {
            is_playable = yes
            is_random_world = no # Optional
            NOT = {
                is_title_active = k_mod_ireland # replace this palceholder title name to yours
            }
            # And put your condition here
        }
        allow = {
            has_landed_title = k_ireland
            # And put your condition here
        }
        effect = {
            activate_title = { title = k_mod_ireland status = yes }
            k_ireland = {
                any_direct_de_jure_vassal_title = {
                    de_jure_liege = k_mod_ireland # replace this palceholder title name to yours
                }
                k_mod_ireland = {
                    grant_title_no_opinion = ROOT
                }
                destroy_landed_title = THIS
            }
            narrative_event = { id = IRE.1 } # place your own narrative event id here
        }
    }
}
event, you'll need add your own localization strings.
Code:
# A simply narrative event notify everyone about new Ireland
narrative_event = {
    id = IRE.1
    title = EVTNAME_IRE_001
    desc = EVTDESC_IRE_001
    picture = GFX_evt_trade_post_republic
    border = GFX_event_narrative_frame_diplomacy
    major = yes

ai = no

is_triggered_only = yes

major_trigger = {
        capital_scope = {
            region = world_europe # Optional
        }
    }

option = {
        name = EVTOPTA_IRE_001
    }
}

topic:

Mod/File priority

I want my mod to have priority over any other mods loading, except overhaul mods who exclude that etc.
So obviously can't work with dependencies.

I have completely forgotten how that works, by loading first or load last, by file name or mod folder name.
I'm clueless and confused right now.

The point got inspired by using the community patch mod, which is basically bug fixing and want to do my own
version for myself and maybe create a submod or updated version if the crew decides to not update it themselves
at some point this year, but again i still want to use other mods.

So how i do guarantee that my bug fixes would then take priority before other mods, which edited the same files ?

Hi, I need some help with tooltips within scripted_effects not rendering as I want.
In an event,
Code:
character_event = {
    option = {
        name = EVTOPTA_TES_1
        change_variable = { which = global_myvar value = 1 }
        get_global_myvar_effect = yes
    }
    option = {
        name = EVTOPTB_TES_1
        change_variable = { which = global_myvar value = 2 }
        get_global_myvar_effect = yes
    }
}
and in a scripted_effect,
Code:
global_my_var_effect = {
    if = {
        limit = {
            check_variable = { which = global_my_var value = 2 } # EVTOPTB_TES_1 picked in the event
        }
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = global_my_var_02_tooltip
            set_character_flag = global_my_var_2
        }
    }
    else_if = {
        limit = {
            check_variable = { which = global_my_var value = 1 } # EVTOPTA_TES_1 picked in the event
        }
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = global_my_var_01_tooltip
            set_character_flag = global_my_var_1
        }
    }
}
When the event fires, neither global_my_var_01_tooltip and global_my_var_02_tooltip displayed, since the options are not evaluated at the moment(debug info says global_my_var is undefined/0)
How can I make my custom_tooltip rendered?

I'm trying to make a submod for Mythos 3 that adds a new dragon tribe to Iceland in the 700s bookmark. I need them to be able to leave Iceland obviously so I'm trying to give the Iceland counties shipbuilders but no matter what I try they aren't given to the tribal holdings. Here is my code for Vestisland as an example:
Code:
# 1 - Vestisland

# County Title
title = c_vestisland

# Settlements
max_settlements = 1
b_hvamm = tribal

#b_borg = castle

# Misc
culture = draconic
religion = draconic_pagan
terrain = arctic

# History
650.1.1 = {
    b_hvamm = tb_shipyard_1
}
867.1.1 = {
    b_hvamm = tb_shipyard_1
    culture = norse
    religion = norse_pagan
}
1000.1.1 = {
    b_hvamm = castle
    b_hvamm = ca_shipyard_1
    culture = norwegian
    religion = catholic
}

topic:

Mod/File priority

I want my mod to have priority over any other mods loading, except overhaul mods who exclude that etc.
So obviously can't work with dependencies.

I have completely forgotten how that works, by loading first or load last, by file name or mod folder name.
I'm clueless and confused right now.

The point got inspired by using the community patch mod, which is basically bug fixing and want to do my own
version for myself and maybe create a submod or updated version if the crew decides to not update it themselves
at some point this year, but again i still want to use other mods.

So how i do guarantee that my bug fixes would then take priority before other mods, which edited the same files ?

I'm surprised this found no reponse.
Should be relatively simple. Well..

I only know about adding the 00_ ( or more 0s) in advance of file names, but i only recall using that for localisation files.

I'm not sure how this works with other files and i'm not sure if adding it 0000_ to vanilla files is enough to
let them take priority then. So basically i either simply need confirmation that it works hat way or what else works or i
should try to do. I'd be glad about any feedback.

Do i in the end simply overthink this and make it too complicated ?

I'm surprised this found no reponse.
Should be relatively simple. Well..

I only know about adding the 00_ ( or more 0s) in advance of file names, but i only recall using that for localisation files.

I'm not sure how this works with other files and i'm not sure if adding it 0000_ to vanilla files is enough to
let them take priority then. So basically i either simply need confirmation that it works hat way or what else works or i
should try to do. I'd be glad about any feedback.

Do i in the end simply overthink this and make it too complicated ?
If you want your files to override others, you actually want them to load last. So, in fact, dependencies is the way to go about to, to my knowledge. What I use 00_<...> for, is when I want to determine the order in which my decisions pop up (the one in 00_ appear before those in 01_, and so on and so forth)

I thought it was for gfx and UI files?

*edit: nvm. But the load command is "unknown", I think, no?
... I was thinking of "Reload", and yes it does say that it is only graphics and gui. If you do figure out some way to reload decisions and buildings without restarting the game, I would be interested to hear.

If you want your files to override others, you actually want them to load last. So, in fact, dependencies is the way to go about to, to my knowledge. What I use 00_<...> for, is when I want to determine the order in which my decisions pop up (the one in 00_ appear before those in 01_, and so on and so forth)
The problem is that dependencies works the other way around. You use it to make sure your mod overrides the dependency, so he'd have to list everything he wants to override as a dependency while naming his files so as to not override others. If this is a private mod, he can do that, but for a published mod, it really wouldn't work.

I have recently added music to my personal music mod, in particular two game soundtracks.

I converted the mp3 files of the game OSTs with Audacity into ogg files.
However one of the two sets is played correctly in game, the other one is played with distorted sound.

Since I converted both from mp3 to ogg with the exact same tool and function, I have no idea why it doesn't work.
I assume that the mp3 files are somehow different, but have no idea what the difference is or what I can do about it.

Any suggestions/ideas/help?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
I have played both sets of files outside of the game, both sound fine. So it is indeed the game that distorts the sound of the files, apparently because of some feature of the files.
Also this is not the first time I encountered this, but in the past it was only one or two files from about 200 total.

Last edited: