• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That could work. I would be happy if I could remove the two small scrolls on the screen so that the demense laws I put there are centered and spaced like those in the realm laws screen. The issue I'm having is that non-slider laws I define as obligation laws are mashed together in the centre of the screen.
That can also probably be changed in the .gui file.

Still trying to get this "Imperial government type for realms with Imperial Administration law" working, but I seem to be at a dead-end.

Here's the code I'm using if anybody wants to check to see if I'm doing something wrong:

Feudal government code:
Code:
feudal_government = {
        preferred_holdings = { CASTLE }
        allowed_holdings = {
            CASTLE
            FORT
        }
        allowed_holdings_culture = { # Will not get the wrong government type penalty for tribes of the same culture
            TRIBAL
        }
        accepts_liege_governments = { # Gets the wrong religion modifier instead
            muslim_government
                        imperial_government
        }
        free_revoke_on_governments_religion = { # Tribal vassals of other religions can have their titles revoked for free
            tribal_government
        }
        potential = {
            NAND = {
                controls_religion = yes
                NOT = { religion_group = muslim }
                NOT = { religion = norse_pagan_reformed }
            }
            NOT = {    religion_group = muslim    }
            is_patrician = no
                        NOT = { primary_title = { has_law = imperial_administration }
                        }
        }

color = { 91 133 207 }

dukes_called_kings = yes
        barons_need_dynasty = yes

can_build_tribal = no

ignore_in_vassal_limit_calculation = {
            tribal_government
        }
    }

Imperial government code:
Code:
imperial_government = {
        preferred_holdings = { CASTLE }
        allowed_holdings = {
            CASTLE
            FORT
        }
        allowed_holdings_culture = { # Will not get the wrong government type penalty for tribes of the same culture
            TRIBAL
        }
        accepts_liege_governments = { # Gets the wrong religion modifier instead
            feudal_government
                        muslim_government
        }
        free_revoke_on_tiers = {
            duke
        }
        free_revoke_on_governments_religion = { # Tribal vassals of other religions can have their titles revoked for free
            tribal_government
        }
        frame_suffix = "_imperial"
        potential = {
            NAND = {
                controls_religion = yes
                NOT = { religion_group = muslim }
                NOT = { religion_group = pagan_group }
            }
            NOT = { religion_group = muslim}   
                        NOR = { primary_title = { has_law = feudal_administration }
                            primary_title = { has_law = late_feudal_administration }      
                          }
                        is_patrician = no
                        primary_title = { has_law = imperial_administration }
        }

color = { 163 10 145 }

dukes_called_kings = yes
        barons_need_dynasty = yes
        free_retract_vassalage = yes

can_build_tribal = no

ignore_in_vassal_limit_calculation = {
            tribal_government
        }
    }

Other governments (with the exception of muslim_government) also have
Code:
NOT = { primary_title = { has_law = imperial_administration } }
inserted into their code.

Am I wasting my time entirely trying to get this to work?

Thanks.

You need an event for changing government types, adding conditions to the actual governments won't do much.

Reactions:
Put a log line in the immediate, so you can see who should be changing laws.
Code:
  immediate = {
     any_independent_ruler = {
       limit = {
         primary_title = {
           has_law = karling_administration
         }
       }
       primary_title = {
         log = "[This.GetName] has Karling Administration, and should be given Feudal Administration"
         revoke_law = karling_administration
         add_law = ze_administration_laws_0
       }
     }
  }
That way you can see if the trigger is firing.

I added the log and discovered something most curious. This is the only entry the log printed:

[effectimplementation.cpp:17494]: EVENT [769.1.13]:Middle Francia has Karling Administration, and should be given Feudal Administration

I tried to reproduce it in game while playing as Middle Francia, console changing the culture of the King of West Francia to French to make the event fire, and discovered that the event DOES change the administration law of Middle Francia from Karling to Feudal, but it does not do so for the King of West Francia (who has Karling administration). Why would the immediate block be excluding the main person receiving the event?

try changing it on the person then rather than the title.

I added the log and discovered something most curious. This is the only entry the log printed:

[effectimplementation.cpp:17494]: EVENT [769.1.13]:Middle Francia has Karling Administration, and should be given Feudal Administration

I tried to reproduce it in game while playing as Middle Francia, console changing the culture of the King of West Francia to French to make the event fire, and discovered that the event DOES change the administration law of Middle Francia from Karling to Feudal, but it does not do so for the King of West Francia (who has Karling administration). Why would the immediate block be excluding the main person receiving the event?
Do you want all Karling administration states to change to Feudal administration at the same time? Or only when the culture of each changes from old_frankish?

Do you want all Karling administration states to change to Feudal administration at the same time? Or only when the culture of each changes from old_frankish?

When any one ruler with Karling Administration ceases to have the old_frankish culture, I want the event to fire and swap ALL rulers with Karling Administration to Feudal Administration.

Has the .mod file changed in the last update? My mod doesn't load anymore. When I change it the way the new CK2+ .mod file looks now, my mod will load but flags, titles etc. are all wrong.

That's what my old file looks like, i changed it from CK2+ mod which is the base for my (private) mod:

Code:
name="agibaer"
archive="mod/agibaer.zip"
replace_path="history/provinces"
replace_path="history/titles"
replace_path="history/wars"
tags=
{
Balance CK2+ CK2plus Complete Overhaul Converter Decisions Events Factions Fixes Gameplay Immersion Map Shattered World }
picture="agibaer.jpg"

You need an event for changing government types, adding conditions to the actual governments won't do much.
Thank you for pointing me away editing the government files! I altered the actual administration laws themselves, putting
Code:
    effect = {
  holder_scope = { set_government_type = imperial_government }
into imperial_administration (and a corresponding feudal version into late_feudal_government) and it suddenly worked.

It's not perfect (realms that start with Imperial Administration are still shown as Feudal at startup), but I'm just glad to have it working in SOME form.

Thanks again!

Localization file priority has changed. For any file containing localizations you want to override Vanilla, you have to make sure the name comes after the Vanilla filename in ASCII order. Starting a filename with "z" is the safest bet. ("Z" is not a safe bet, since all capitals come before all lower case in the ASCII character code.)

@Cpoffers: for realms you want starting with a different government, put the government in the holder's character history.

Reactions:
Localization file priority has changed. For any file containing localizations you want to override Vanilla, you have to make sure the name comes after the Vanilla filename in ASCII order. Starting a filename with "z" is the safest bet. ("Z" is not a safe bet, since all capitals come before all lower case in the ASCII character code.)

I renamed the localization files with zz_ , but that doesn't change anything. I get a lot of error messages, flags don't load and most titles still only show as d_ etc.

What's with the change from "archive" to "path" in the mod file? Mabye there's sth wrong there?

"path" has always been the standard. "archive" is for zipped up mod folders (like you get off Steam). In short, "path" points to a mod folder, "archive" to a mod folder archived in zip format.

Reactions:
Can I safely remove the diplo range part in the religious titles?

Code:
        k_papal_state = { holder_scope = { is_within_diplo_range = ROOT } }

Rather have the electors be from anywhere in the world than only within diplo range.

Having them not in diplomatic range caused problems.

Took some digging, but here is the bug report that led to the change. In short, if the next expected cardinal is not in diplomatic range, it screws up the college of cardinals by preventing any cardinal from being appointed.

Reactions:
When any one ruler with Karling Administration ceases to have the old_frankish culture, I want the event to fire and swap ALL rulers with Karling Administration to Feudal Administration.
Then I think you need to change the administration law for ROOT, then check for any other realm that needs the administration law changed.

Thank you for pointing me away editing the government files! I altered the actual administration laws themselves, putting
Code:
    effect = {
  holder_scope = { set_government_type = imperial_government }
into imperial_administration (and a corresponding feudal version into late_feudal_government) and it suddenly worked.

It's not perfect (realms that start with Imperial Administration are still shown as Feudal at startup), but I'm just glad to have it working in SOME form.

Thanks again!
Wait, you put that into the law itself instead of making an event?