• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tried adding new loading screens but there is some gui overlaythat adds a blue tint that is really annoying.

Anyone know where to turn it off ?

Can someone tell my in what file I can find where these hover-over-something tooltips are defined? Is it in one of the gui files?

Thanks!

1599050850144.png

What's the color format for skin/hair/eye colors for the ethnicities?

{ 0.33 0.5 0.67 0.8 } is supposed to be green, but I don't know what color format this is. It's not RGBA or HSVA.
The values are a palette lookup.

Worth noting that as the characters age their hair colour moves toward the top left of the palette (so they go grey/white basically) Edit: Apparently this is wrong and it just goes white regardless. Not sure where the colour is defined.

(Obviously my example palette is horrible and awful but it's just an example).

Attachments

• ck3hairpalette.png
    ck3hairpalette.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm looking out for ways to increase the size of the map in CK3, I did it in Imperator and so it should be very similar but something is missing... I'll restart my efforts but yeah I'm not sure.

Reactions:
I couldn't figure out how to mod music in this game. I can't even find the music files. Anyone got any clue?

Code:
== Structure ==

name_of_the_music_track = {

# Path to the audio event for this track
    music = "event:/..."

# How much music weight will playing this music add, default: 0
    weight = X

# Is this track a mood track (i.e. a long track that the game can pick and doesn't need to be explicitly triggered)? default: no
    mood = yes/no

# Can this track be interrupted by another track? Long mood track are good candidates for interrupting. default : no
    can_be_interrupted = yes/no

# Cooldown in in-game time, the track will not be played for this amount of time after it has been started
    years/months/days = X

# Cooldown in calls. After the track starts playing, it will not play again for X subsequent requests to play it. default : 0
    calls = X

# Does this track's cooldown reset when starting/loading a game? default : no
    reset = yes/no
}

At the moment it seems like you can replace music easily enough, and maybe add new generic mood tracks, but there's no control over when the new tracks will play.

It's very simple actually:

Go to game/music/music.txt , and change the 'event:/' at the beginning of a tracks music definition to 'file:/' pointing at an ogg or mp3 or whatever.

For example, to change the main menu song

main_theme_track = {
music = "file:/music/test.mp3"
can_be_interrupted = yes
}

would play test.mp3 in the music folder as the main theme.

• 1Love
Reactions:
It seems reload events command through console does not work.... stuck with relaunching everytime a modification is made to an event file (regression from CK2) ?

I couldn't figure out how to mod music in this game. I can't even find the music files. Anyone got any clue?

Code:
== Structure ==

name_of_the_music_track = {

# Path to the audio event for this track
    music = "event:/..."

# How much music weight will playing this music add, default: 0
    weight = X

# Is this track a mood track (i.e. a long track that the game can pick and doesn't need to be explicitly triggered)? default: no
    mood = yes/no

# Can this track be interrupted by another track? Long mood track are good candidates for interrupting. default : no
    can_be_interrupted = yes/no

# Cooldown in in-game time, the track will not be played for this amount of time after it has been started
    years/months/days = X

# Cooldown in calls. After the track starts playing, it will not play again for X subsequent requests to play it. default : 0
    calls = X

# Does this track's cooldown reset when starting/loading a game? default : no
    reset = yes/no
}
At the moment it seems like you can replace music easily enough, and maybe add new generic mood tracks, but there's no control over when the new tracks will play.

It's very simple actually:

Go to game/music/music.txt , and change the 'event:/' at the beginning of a tracks music definition to 'file:/' pointing at an ogg or mp3 or whatever.

For example, to change the main menu song

main_theme_track = {
music = "file:/music/test.mp3"
can_be_interrupted = yes
}

would play test.mp3 in the music folder as the main theme.

Looks like someone already made a music mod on Steam workshop you can use as a template: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2217134162&searchtext=

So looking at their code (assuming it works), it seems like to add new music the code is similar to CK2.

Code:
song = {
    name = "avemaria.ogg"
    song_name = "Ave Maria"

chance = {
        factor = 2
        modifier = {
            factor = 0   
                NOT = { religion = catholic }
                NOT = {religion_group = christian }
            }
        modifier = {
            factor = 0.5
        }
    }

}

The only difference is that it's organized this way now:

• Folder titled "music"
    • example.txt <-- where you see the new code with mood, can_be_interrupted, etc.
    • Folder titled whatever you want
      • songexample.ogg
      • music.txt <-- code similar to CK2 music

So basically is like CK2 except you need one extra file.

If any of that makes sense. I'll test it later today by making/uploading a mod that adds in In Taberna from CK2.

I would like to modify the male dominated doctrine so that the "combatant_must_be_male = yes" restriction does not apply if the culture is Norse. Any ideas on how I would go about achieving that?

When I add a localization file to my mod, all new localizations get recognized, but if I replace existing ones, they won't - whether I name the file zz_mymod_l_english.yml or 00_mymod_l_english.yml (for load order). Any ideas?

Also, can the triggered_opinion block support anything else other than religion parameters?

Was able to get replacements to work by putting them in a replace folder. Similar to HOI4 it seems.

/mod/localization/replace/00_mymod_l_english.yml

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is it possible to add cultural names to provinces, baronies and titles without rewriting landed_titles.txt completely?

What is the difference between an ID and a Historical ID? I can see that only historical characters have Historical IDs, but they also have (regular) IDs which are different. (Are Historical IDs the ID in the history files, and then everyone gets assigned a smaller ID when the game starts for whatever reason?)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looks like someone already made a music mod on Steam workshop you can use as a template: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2217134162&searchtext=

So looking at their code (assuming it works), it seems like to add new music the code is similar to CK2.

Code:
song = {
    name = "avemaria.ogg"
    song_name = "Ave Maria"

chance = {
        factor = 2
        modifier = {
            factor = 0  
                NOT = {religion_group = christian }
            }
        modifier = {
            factor = 0.5
        }
    }

}

The only difference is that it's organized this way now:

• Folder titled "music"
    • example.txt <-- where you see the new code with mood, can_be_interrupted, etc.
    • Folder titled whatever you want
      • songexample.ogg
      • music.txt <-- code similar to CK2 music

So basically is like CK2 except you need one extra file.

If any of that makes sense. I'll test it later today by making/uploading a mod that adds in In Taberna from CK2.

I was just trying that out before, seems like the CK2 style txt doesn't do anything, have a feeling it's leftover from porting from CK2, or just testing it out. I tried making ave maria play with a super high chance when welsh, picked a welsh ruler, still played a random song

I was just trying that out before, seems like the CK2 style txt doesn't do anything, have a feeling it's leftover from porting from CK2, or just testing it out. I tried making ave maria play with a super high chance when welsh, picked a welsh ruler, still played a random song

Hmm... did you also increase the weight in the other file too? (The one from CK3 with the mood, can_be_interrupted, etc.) I'll try that as well

Let us know how it goes, hoping we can solve it :)

Yup I'll definitely let you know! Probably will try it when I'm on my break from work.

Also, I noticed there's a console command "play_music_cue" according to the CK3 wiki, though I'm not sure how it works or if it is supposed to trigger songs.

Confusingly enough, according to the cheat codes provided by Gamewatcher, there are several console commands related to music as well:

• Music.StopTrack - Stops the currently playing track
  • Music.Weight - Shows or sets the current weight of the music system
  • Music.PlayTrack [track name] - Plays the specified track
  • Music.Reset - Resets the music system

I'll see if I can test all these too.

Quick question. Is it possible to add effects on the options within a character_interaction? I know on_send executes effects but was wondering if I could somehow tie certain effects to certain options.

Thanks!

When i'm trying to edit my mod on paradox website, after pressing "publish mod" i keep getting error "EULA-XXXXX XXXXXXX ALREADY EXISTS".
What am i doing wrong? :(

Upd: Ticket to support helps.

Last edited:
Minor question here. I'm trying to create an event that calls spawn_army and I'm trying to get it to spawn the army wherever the character's capital happened to be. Anyone know how to scope to that or is it simply not possible to make an army's spawn location dynamic?

may I ask if there any changes on graphic modding from hoi4? I have tested quite a lot today, what I found that we have to use the same path for models folder, for example, unit_byzantine_infantry_01 can only work with original path "gfx\models\units\infantry\unit_byzantine_infantry_01" it stops working if you change any of them.

Attachments

• c4XYb0yxDW.png
    c4XYb0yxDW.png
    294,7 KB · Views: 0