• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Calfen

Recruit
47 Badges
Apr 9, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Lead and Gold
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • King Arthur II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hello guys,
I have a couple questions related to modding.

1) The wiki page guide https://sta.paradoxwikis.com/Modding:_Basics does not work. I have followed it and there is no "Aftermath" option in "Create -> Aftermath -> Mod" step. Am I doing something wrong? Version mismatch? I have 2019.4.8f1.

2) Does anyone know how to modify stats of current buildings? I mean, let's say I want to change the range of electricity on transformer (honestly this concept eludes me)?

I am vaguely familiar with unity modding, Besides Unity itself, I have some other small utilities such as Assets bundle extractor, and those worked fine on for example Pillars of Eternity. I thought that I will modify some string table, but I cannot find the place in the database, where the characteristics of the buildings are.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.

No idea.

You could be the guy to add stuff to the wiki, though. The modding scene must be sparse enough that tools for aspiring modmakers are unavailable. A very bad sign about the life of the game if you ask me. Bet Nexus Mods and Vortex could help, but that's not for me to mess with.

As for your second question, you COULD screw around with the game files directly. Some of the code you might need could be there anyway.

Warning: if you DO intend to modify values in the game files, back the files up BEFORE doing anything. That way, when you inevitably cause a CTD, you can restore the game to its original state. Since you know about modding enough to use buzzwords, this should be old hat for you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for you answer. Well, the game is still in early access, so we will see how it goes. The problem is I am not "that" good at this as I though it would be easier. Anyway, happy holiday!