[Modding question] It's possible to mod the fact that only slaves impact trade good production?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Censor96x

Second Lieutenant
76 Badges
May 23, 2018
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Hi all, is there a way to modify the fact that the only pop type that produces surplus trade goods are slaves? I'd like to get into modding by trying to make a mod that allow you to ban slavery, but if only slaves produce surplus goods then I fear that is going to be impossible.
I already asked in the quick questions thread but it doesn't seem so quick so I hope I'll be luckier posting a thread

You can use base_resources as an effect for pops. Like tax and manpowr, you can also add below base_resources = 0.003 and thats how much each pop will produce.

However, I dont know how to do it with a trigger so it only happens when you ban slavery. Also I dont think it has a modifier so you cannot give an effect like +100% base_resources_ produced you could get upon bannig slavery.

Hopefully the devs will rework production and in the meantime they could introduce such script tools

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can use base_resources as an effect for pops. Like tax and manpowr, you can also add below base_resources = 0.003 and thats how much each pop will produce.

However, I dont know how to do it with a trigger so it only happens when you ban slavery. Also I dont think it has a modifier so you cannot give an effect like +100% base_resources_ produced you could get upon bannig slavery.

Hopefully the devs will rework production and in the meantime they could introduce such script tools
Thank you for the reply! What I though of was to modify the desired slave ratio in territories and cities to 0 when you ban slavery so that the slave population rapidly becomes freemen population, just like the tribesmen population of tribes become freemen and slave population when you civilize your nation. Of course this is just an early idea and I still have to work on it, but if I can make the freemen produce trade goods that one problem solved. By the way if someone whant to help with the in game abolition of slavery is very welcome!

However, I dont know how to do it with a trigger so it only happens when you ban slavery

You could create a new (shadow) pop type with the desired affect to which all POPs are automatically converted when the decision is taken. You'd run into a few problems though:
- migration
- conquest
- promotion and demotion
You'd have to run maintance events to clean that up, but it is theoretically possible to do.