• We will be taking the forums down for scheduled maintenance on 12 August 2020 at approximately 3PM CDT (8PM UTC / 10PM CEST), this downtime is currently estimated to last around 1 hour.
  • Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

ApolloLV

Recruit
4 Badges
Sep 24, 2019
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Prison Architect
  • Magicka
I want to update my mod's visuals for the slammer update, for example the small bench, the short ironing board etc.
However, I can't seem to find them anywhere in main.dat.
Where are these added?

I suspect these are encrypted in some way, since .encbin files appeared in main.dat in the latest update.
One new file was objects_d11.encbin, which would fit.
That would be a real shame for visual modders such as myself, since some of the objects are now out of reach entirely.

Can somebody help me with this, or at least get an official statement from Paradox on this issue?
My steam subscribers are already getting nervous, since usually I am able to update my mod in a timely fashion.

PetePA

Recruit
7 Badges
Sep 24, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
Having the same issue.
Thinking they have other new items in there for further releases as there is a 'needs_d11.txt' that has hand dryers and bathroom sinks in? If this is the case, hopefully when that is released they will decrypt the files. Until then, modding the new items and walls seems hopeless.