• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikkrow

Recruit
3 Badges
Feb 28, 2014
  • King Arthur II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
I tried this in Warlock Master of the Arcane, & could never get it to work. Here is my original thread there, with things I had attempted: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?761471-New-Faction-Colors
I wanted to attempt something similar when Warlock 2 was released. As I have just purchased the game myself, I wondered if anyone has attempted this? I have not dusted off my (admittedly very limited) skills with the new tools, but would love to have some variety of color when I do my various play throughs...

No idea how feasible it is to actually add new colors in, but modifying existing colors is actually pretty easy. As the colors are handled through data.xml.

As you can copy anything from data.xml to a mods data.xml, just copy the entire <emblems> section over to the mod. After that you can edit the hex value of an existing color.

EDIT: Only just realized, I meant to say the RBGA Values. Not hex.

Last edited:
Thank you Shidan! I gave this a try, and it worked. I simply changed the r b g values that I found in the data.xml that I extracted from the data.xr, and repacked it all. Really appreciate your help!