• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Re: end_war

Originally posted by Ghost_dk
We need to be able to end a nations war with a whole faction

I vision something like this

type = end_war which = axis/commintern/allies

Ghost_dk
Doesn't peace with value = 0 do that? Or is it bugged?

Re: Re: end_war

Originally posted by jdrou
Doesn't peace with value = 0 do that? Or is it bugged?

well if the nation that is to enter the peace is puppeted you have a serious problem.

I've worked on the weserubung events for core which puppet denmarks to germany but leaves them democratic.

it is possible to end war with the allies the way you described above but since they are puppeted you cant make them leave the axis and that makes them still at war with the allies

We need to have a way to keep a puppeted nation out of its masters war then :D it is not possible to use the leave alliance on a puppeted nation.

Ghost_dk

what you actually want is that puppets are not automatically part of the alliance, so they don't join the wars of the master nation automatically, but that the master nation automatically joins the wars of the puppet nation. that way the master nation has to spend DI to have them join the alliance.

furthermore the chance of succes of a nation to join an alliance (be it a independent or puppet nation) should depend on its alignment in the alignment triangle (notice: not on its political system: democratic, communist or fascist) but on it's alignment in the triangle. {Other depending factors could be the strength of the alliance and opposing alliance, influence spheres and maybe a little government type as well}

That way denmark with its alignment leaning towards England won't readily join the Axis, and Greece either as long as their alignment remains mainly democratic.

Originally posted by Wineman
what you actually want is that puppets are not automatically part of the alliance, so they don't join the wars of the master nation automatically, but that the master nation automatically joins the wars of the puppet nation. that way the master nation has to spend DI to have them join the alliance.
That sounds good. Should the puppet still join the master's alliance if the puppet is attacked?

That sounds good. Should the puppet still join the master's alliance if the puppet is attacked?

That depends.

If fx. The allied had landed in denmark after the puppeting I think that the Danes would have thought of them as liberators rather then attackers, so it may vary from situation to situation.
The danes would not have sought protection by joining the axis fully event though they were puppeted.

Ghost_dk

That depends.

If fx. The allied had landed in denmark after the puppeting I think that the Danes would have thought of them as liberators rather then attackers, so it may vary from situation to situation.
The danes would not have sought protection by joining the axis fully event though they were puppeted.
I would think the government would ask the Germans for help since if they lose they will probably all be arrested. The population supporting the Allies should mean dissent or a coup in the event of attack I think.

I would think the government would ask the Germans for help since if they lose they will probably all be arrested. The population supporting the Allies should mean dissent or a coup in the event of attack I think.

IRL The government stayed after the liberation because it was not fascist and in fact the "cooperation" with germany ended august 1943 with the government stepping down. Anyway this if you wish to get more information on the danish occupation period thenlet me know in the scandinavian tread of CORE so we can keep this one clean.

Ghost_dk

Unit manipulation

Id like to see script commands that deplete STR and ORG permanently and temporarily.

Also, Id like to affect a units stat(s) through events, again perm. and/or temp.

Id like to target a single division/squadron/ship/sub in a stack whilst moving in/out or standing still, in combat or retreating.

Id like to assign a possiblity for outright success or failure and define, trigger levels of success rate and the affects depending on what level is triggered:

For instance:
25% Total Success - Division down to 50% ORG and -5 STR
15% Success - Division down by 30% ORG -4 STR
10% Almost Success - Division down by 10% ORG -2 STR
10% Partial Success - Division down by 5% ORG
40% Failure - No effect,

Id also like to see guerilla units or (Guerilla) Pool (like manpower) points reduced depending on outcome.

Cheers

influence nation command

We need a new influence command type i picture something like this:

type = influence which = TAG value = -+1-5(degree of influence)

This would help us set up events that picture internaitonal conferences. drawing countries closer or further apart.

This could really make a difference.

Ghost_dk

More triggers

Triggers for improvement levels in a province would be useful:

coastalfort = { province = [province id] data = [level] }
landfort = { province = [province id] data = [level] }
infrastructure = { province = [province id] data = [level] }
industry = { province = [province id] data = [level] }

This would enable better triggers for events that check for ahistorical buildup of forts in areas covered by treaties banning such works. It would also allow political events (ie Belgian reaction to French extension of Maginot line).

[level] should be true for X or higher, with a NOT statement allowing triggers on lower than X.

I'd like to see the implementation of the:

command = { type = hate which = STEEL! value = 100 } :)

ok, that was a joke there..

BUT SERIOUSLY, the 'hate which' was an original command that didn't get implemented. I would think this would seriously help us in crafting good/bad relationships between particular nations. I'd especially like to see it to improve the relationships between the USSR and the Allies, so that means we need it to also respect negative integers.

-PK

Last edited:
How about:

command = { type = industrial modifier which = resources value = whatever }

This represents the ability to cut the amount of resources used per IC down by a percentage.

*The ability to make random events happen to AI countries and also the ability to create loop events.

*The ability by event-scripting to influence nation's DI levels.

-PK

Last edited:
Sprites

It would be nice to be able to have the ability to have one sprite per model. It has been mentioned that this would create a lot of work for Paradox, but if they wanted to remain with a lesser number of models, they could just assign mulitple models to a single sprite. With the huge increase in models in some mods (CORE specifically), the levels approach is starting to break down. In CORE, it has become standard practice to give rare units low model numbers to prevent the AI from building them. In the case of armor units, this makes for some strange sprites appearing in test games. MDow

delay for trigger command

What i would relly like is to have the trigger command altered in a way so you can build in a delay.

I imagine something like this

command = { type = trigger which = event# value = X(number of days until event fires) }

Ghost_dk

Re: delay for trigger command

What i would relly like is to have the trigger command altered in a way so you can build in a delay.

I imagine something like this

command = { type = trigger which = event# value = X(number of days until event fires) }

Ghost_dk
An excellent idea! This could be used to make repeating events if it allowed you to trigger itself.

Re: Re: delay for trigger command

An excellent idea! This could be used to make repeating events if it allowed you to trigger itself.

Yes correct. If the triggered event is set to be repeatable you could image a set of commands like this.

command = { type = trigger which = XXXXX value = 10 }
command = { type = trigger which = XXXXX value = 20 }
command = { type = trigger which = XXXXX value = 30 }

In this case XXXXX would fire 3 times with 10 day interwals.

Ghost_dk

Re: Re: Re: delay for trigger command

Yes correct. If the triggered event is set to be repeatable you could image a set of commands like this.

command = { type = trigger which = XXXXX value = 10 }
command = { type = trigger which = XXXXX value = 20 }
command = { type = trigger which = XXXXX value = 30 }

In this case XXXXX would fire 3 times with 10 day interwals.

Ghost_dk
Actually you only need the first line to make it repeat forever at 10 day intervals if you make the event trigger itself.

Re: Re: Re: Re: delay for trigger command

Actually you only need the first line to make it repeat forever at 10 day intervals if you make the event trigger itself.

it's not all events you want to go on repeating forever though:D

Ghost_dk