• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can only find notepad++, no notepad+

What makes notepad+ and paint.net different from notepad and ms paint? :(

Notepad++ = color-coded things like " ", ;, and {}, so it is easier to bug hunt
Paint.net = ability to save .bmp, .jpeg, etc. as .dds and .tga files, so easier to make things like model pics, counters, backgrounds, etc.

I tend to use all four, depending on the stage of modding, though.

About this...

Will HOI have AI switches again so that finally people can make Germany ignore seazones until France is defeated etc etc?

Paint.net = ability to save .bmp, .jpeg, etc. as .dds and .tga files, so easier to make things like model pics, counters, backgrounds, etc.

Only thing is, even though I am a computer whiz, computer code looks like a big complicated thingy. :(

If HoI4 is as modable as HoI3, everything is alright.

Err . . . HOI3 was a real pain to mod compared to HOI2, even more so compared to HOI1 (which came with a map-based scenario editor that made the job of creating basic "what-if" mods supremely easy). I would love to have a game in which, for example, modding province-ownership was made much easier and didn't require cross-referencing between files to make sure you were editing the correct province.

I've slowly learned how to use Notepad++, GIMP and other modding tools, but I long for a map-based editor like HOI1 had.

About this...

Will HOI have AI switches again so that finally people can make Germany ignore seazones until France is defeated etc etc?

I'd much rather they just improved the base AI to make this less necessary, but there's only so much that can be managed that way I guess.