• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

atord/Nordos

Second Lieutenant
16 Badges
Dec 2, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
I wanted to increase the number of sectors you can annex. Easy, right? Well, I did go another way instead of changing City Growth Settings.
But here comes the thing. Apparelty the amount of pops is capped (at 400 I think?) and from what I see, Colony Core has (sadly) to be modified.

Now, I looked at it and I saw a lot of stuff. First of all:

- Base Connect Requirement.
Does this even do anything? From my tests, nothing happened, but I dunno.

- City Growth Settings.
The old way to add more sectors instead of my ludicrious way of adding the residential effect on EVERY sector base. Thing is, apprently is influences the residential way as well - if I have 4,8,12,16,16, it means that ALL sectors can be annexed once you reach 16 pops. Literally. I had a test city with 18 pops and 50 sectors...

- Max Number of Colonists.
Obvious what I want to modify! Except.... Its damn strange. The initial cap seemed to be .... 40? But ingame it was 400? So I changed it to 99, but ... my city has over 1k max pops?! How the hell does that correlate

- Growth Formula Settings.
Yeaaaaah... Thats probably the reason. And I have no clue how this one is even defined. And I don't have any interest in modifying it, either. Because that would be a lot of work due to me having no idea what it is even suppose to do. The amount of Food needed to grow a Pop I would assume, but...... Yeah.

Has anyone something else to add to this?