• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DaPacemDomine

Colonel
84 Badges
Oct 21, 2003
Visit site
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I modded a saved game to give Oda Toshisada significantly better stats, having started a game with him and curious to see just how modding works. Buuuuut, when I go to load the saved game, he's still got all his old stats. I can mod his history file and start a -new- game with new stats, but the saved game changes don't seem to be taking effect. It's the only saved game I have and I made sure that the Toshisada I was editing is the right one (rather had to make a mistake there, as he's the only Toshisada in the game at start). Any help or pointers, here?

EDIT: Nevermind! I figured this out on my own. Apparently, on Windows 7, edited saved games have to be put in Users->Name->AppData->Local->VirtualStore->Program Files (x86)->Paradox Interactive-Sengoku->save games
before they'll show up right in-game.

Last edited:
I don't know about modding a save file haven't tried that yet, but if you just want to change Toshisada's stats i know how to do that. The folder should be in (C;/Program Files/Paradox Interactive/Sengoku/History/Characters) just search for his name in the characters folder and you can change his stats, add traits, and change his age too. Keep in mind these changes will affect any new game you start after making them.

Just a quick question, what Tool are you editing your saved games with? I checked the Sengoku saved game directory and all the files have the .sgu extension so I assume notepad ++ won't open it.

Actually nevermind I guess Notepad++ works just fine! I used it to finally get one of my plots to work! Success! Veni Vidi Vici!

Last edited: